What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Board-Stay ? Go ?

Sharks board should Stay ? or Go ?

• Stand down immediately if a viable alternative is put forward

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Stand down immediately and call for other options to stand for an EGAM

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Stay as they are and continue running the club as they are

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Stay but only until the next AGM where I'll vote for another mob if they stand

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beekershark

Bench
A simple poll really. There is alot of talk about rapers tenure at the club, like there was when Anderson and Lang left.

This poll is black and white, do you want the sharks board to stay ? or go ?

beekershark

Bench
what's so funny pogo ? :) I think its a very valid poll, I want to know if people blame the coaches that have been thru this club outright, or if they hold the board who has been over seeing lang, anderson AND raper.

pogo

Juniors
the board with the exception of one bloke for a start .........

and you know full well the workings of the club and no extraordinary meeting will be called , if it did the nursing homes would be on full alert as has previously been the case when current board members have been seen wheeling in invalids to cast their votes.

i dont think you know how entrenched some of the current board are and what it would take to replace them.......

then again maybe you do!

may the J curve continue!:cool:

beekershark

Bench
Mate, it's not about how hard it is, hnow imbedding they are, how much they'll cling to the carpet with their finger nails when they're being dragged out :)

it's about fans, members opinion. The polls not about the ins and outs and hows, just what people want, what they seek to happen based on the boards history and results and potential for the future.

tlk

Bench
Stay but only until the next AGM where I'll vote for another mob if they stand

jc155776

Coach
I say you guys build the CSSC into a massive army and then run some members for the next board in the AGM that have business and sporting experience...

PJ

First Grade
We can blame the board all we want, the fact is that the fans have to take full responsibility for letting them get away with what the have gotten away with.

If the fan base as a whole wasn't so apathetic half the problems we have wouldn't be around.

ghoti

Bench
Aries said:
Lets get Shire Shark, oops I mean KOTH, to start another petition!!:lol::lol:
A mass protest maybe. Surely there is a Sharks supporter somewhere with the money and connections to send flyers around the Shire for a day of action before a home game. Connection to media to broadcast the day of protest, get some media interest in the rebel group of supporters who want to overtake the board. A few rumours here and there, some anonymous tipsters to the media, make an anonymous dob in for corruption within the Sharks board, get the media talking about the Sharks board until the NRL has to take action.

We as supporters are the only ones that will take action. Somehow we have to find a leader with the right connections and with enough spare cash to organise a day of protest.

We can at least make an attempt to fix our club.

beekershark

Bench
PJ said:
We can blame the board all we want, the fact is that the fans have to take full responsibility for letting them get away with what the have gotten away with.

If the fan base as a whole wasn't so apathetic half the problems we have wouldn't be around.

True PJ in that voting members certainly have had the chance in the past to change things. it's my belief that the board has managed and manipulated things to highly favour themselves in the lead up to AGMs.

that said, your point is on the the reasons for my poll, to see if fans really feel the board should go and are not voting, or not enough fans are voting members in the first place.

The Nulla

Juniors
They have to go. I agree that something has to be done on the fan-level to make this happen though. As many have said, these guys are extremely comfortable at the moment with both feet firmly in the door.

Aries

Bench
beekershark said:
True PJ in that voting members certainly have had the chance in the past to change things. it's my belief that the board has managed and manipulated things to highly favour themselves in the lead up to AGMs.

that said, your point is on the the reasons for my poll, to see if fans really feel the board should go and are not voting, or not enough fans are voting members in the first place.

Well, here's a solution...

Get ALL the CSSC's to join the "FOOTBALL CLUB", which is different to the "LEAGUES CLUB" and anyone else they can... Then we have a BLOCK vote that COULD do damage at the AGM's...

Only problem is, that it's my belief you have to be a member for 3 years before you can vote...

But if it isn't done, then there will never be change, and 3 years is a small time to wait!

Macca

Coach
They have to go.

There isn't a viable alternative at the moment though. Even if we got 100 football club members signatures down and took them to the club and they were forced to call an EAGM, who would run against them?

Does anyone know how many votes you would need to surpass the current boards "yes" crowd?

Macca

Coach
Aries said:
Well, here's a solution...

Get ALL the CSSC's to join the "FOOTBALL CLUB", which is different to the "LEAGUES CLUB" and anyone else they can... Then we have a BLOCK vote that COULD do damage at the AGM's...

Only problem is, that it's my belief you have to be a member for 3 years before you can vote...

But if it isn't done, then there will never be change, and 3 years is a small time to wait!

The CSSC has alot of members who are not footy club members. The CSSC was not formed to overthrow the current board either. So that's not viable.

SadShark

Bench
Someone who is a solicitor would be handy. I'm sure there is a way. These slack bastards are a photgraph of protected, inefficient, slovenly, apathetic maggots. I spit on them pffffffffffffft!!!!!:sto:

Aries

Bench
Macca said:
The CSSC has alot of members who are not footy club members. The CSSC was not formed to overthrow the current board either. So that's not viable.

nice side step Macca...

PM noted mate... ;-)

millersnose

Post Whore
Macca said:
Even if we got 100 football club members signatures down and took them to the club and they were forced to call an EAGM, who would run against them?

frenzy

frenzy for chairman

reefy for coach

beeks for recruitment

dread for ...ummm

Latest posts