What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Book Now Available

Eion

First Grade
Yep I’ve started. Nice overview of the clubs history and very comprehensive view of the last few years early in the book.

Just finished the ‘blackest day’ section and although it makes my blood boil to read it, good to have the facts laid down from a sharks perspective. I’ve only really seen that before on forums like this one.

Now onto the 2016 season so expecting different emotions now!

Poss

Juniors
He
Hi everyone,

My book on the Sharks and the 2016 season Turn Your Porch Lights Off is now available.

So everyone knows what they are buying, this is not a hardcover history of the club full of brilliant photos. Gary Lester did a great job with that previously. This is a 372 page paperback that tells the story of the years leading up to 2016 and documents the Premiership year. I think it's a good read, but I would say that. I simply wanted Sharks fans to have something to remember 2016 with,

Initially there are three ways to get a copy.

1. Online order with delivery. Simply place an order via this email address cronullasharksbook@gmail.com Request how many copies you'd like and we'll be in contact with payment and delivery details. Including Sydney area home delivery the cost will be $32. Cost for other areas available upon request.

2. Online order and pick up. To save postage costs the Royal Motor Yacht Club Port Hacking on Woolooware Road, Burraneer has offered to act as a collection point (home of Sharkcast Pod). Place your order at the email address cronullasharksbook@gmail.com and after electronic payment, your book with be available at RMYCPH reception. Cost $25, saving you the cost of postage!

3. Cronulla Mall book shop, The Best Little Bookshop in Town, just a few doors down from Nulla Nulla cafe. They have a limited number of copies are they are already selling. Now available for $25

Thanks for everyone's support, I've been blown away by the interest.

Hey Clint... does the book include interviews/quotes from Sharks players and staff members? Or is all purely from a fan perspective. Did you have any insight into the teams preparation, inner workings of the club etc, or is it an outside looking in kinda yarn?

Clinton M

Juniors
He

Hey Clint... does the book include interviews/quotes from Sharks players and staff members? Or is all purely from a fan perspective. Did you have any insight into the teams preparation, inner workings of the club etc, or is it an outside looking in kinda yarn?

Good question.

It doesn't provide the inner workings of the club, it's not the insight of how all that works. The aim was to document the season and the rough years leading up to it. There are lots of quotes from the players but mostly from press conferences. I conduct other interviews, the most extensive with ET, but the players from 2016 themselves were difficult to pin down.

Quigs

Immortal
No just cut back on the black and golds.

Black and Gold scoth finger biscuits
Black and Gold Rolled Oats
Black and Gold Long Grain Rice

Us of the older generation know how to scrimp and save, not like you younguns of today.

Frenzy.

Immortal
No just cut back on the black and golds.

Black and Gold scoth finger biscuits
Black and Gold Rolled Oats
Black and Gold Long Grain Rice

Us of the older generation know how to scrimp and save, not like you younguns of today.

Meals on Wheels is even cheaper.

Quigs

Immortal
My book arrived the other day Clint - thanking you. Its a good read so far but just goes to show how we all became 'idiots'. It has certainly been a long old ride on the NRL rollercoaster.

I know that something is missing in my life now that we have won one. The games just not the same anymore.

Fork em.

And I didn't get a pensioner concession ....... the quigs.

Card Shark

Immortal
I know that something is missing in my life now that we have won one. The games just not the same anymore.

This year is different to last year, I have some interest whereas last year I was still on cloud 9 at this time of the year.