What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks boss in cash probe - Cronulla chief faces fraud claims

jackal

Juniors
lol. Yes, they were on the board at Marconi as well.

But where does Irvine deny all of it? I can't seem to find that bit.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I am talking about the fact that the Telegraph is sourcing its information & involving the football side of things, directly from the Sharks.
IT seems the new board members know how to keep their mouths shut about everything. Its the long term leaks that cause/inflate problems.

jackal

Juniors
Just because Irvine assumes it's a long term director leaking information doesn't make it fact. Bit rich coming from the guy more interested in a headline over ethics.

Let's revisit his comments of approaching Brown - credibility plus.

Marconi thought it pertinent to advise the club so why was it fobbed off as not hard evidence? This has the capacity to cripple revenue and hospitality revenue for next season. Let's hope it doesn't.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Just because Irvine assumes it's a long term director leaking information doesn't make it fact. Bit rich coming from the guy more interested in a headline over ethics.

Let's revisit his comments of approaching Brown - credibility plus.

Marconi thought it pertinent to advise the club so why was it fobbed off as not hard evidence? This has the capacity to cripple revenue and hospitality revenue for next season. Let's hope it doesn't.

Irvine did not approach Brown, as Brown has stated.
There will be no board room leaks after the next election.

The Dodger

First Grade
lol

seems like jackal has alot of invested interest in this.

Marconi are upset they lost the people who helped save their club from extinction.

jc155776

Coach
The same directors who ran the club into the ground over ten years sucking on the tit of the club and taking payments while doing it are the ones leaking this without a doubt. They were probably the ones that leaked the story 6 months ago or so that the Chairman was about to be shafted by the board and forced to shut down.

Obviously new heads have clashed with old heads across the whole joint and this hasn't settled well with those who were comfortable in their ways. Would love to see the notes at the AGM next year in regards to meetings attended etc.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Be even more interesting to see who stands for the elections. If this is the best they can do, then they are off the game big time. Not that we didn't already know that.
I do fail to see how this issue will "cripple" the runnings of the club.
Obviously marconis finances have not been harmed.

jackal

Juniors
lol

seems like jackal has alot of invested interest in this.

Marconi are upset they lost the people who helped save their club from extinction.
I do find it interesting in the sense that members have been told for the last 2 years how useless the previous board were. Lets see what has been achieved when the next lot of financial statements are sent to members.

More interesting, lets ask why agressive targets were posted at the mid-year AGM when the board were quite aware at that time they were already a $1m in the red and the year was only 6 months in.

The lies continue. If the development prospect is such a lucrative deal, why is there expressions of interest to amalgamate the leageus club?

For the team to get the front office right and become successful steming from that the entire board needs to step aside at the next election.

As for Marconi being saved from extinction, research their current debt - lol. Maybe they would be leaning more to the black if entitlements were not so severly undersold to their immediate competition!

jackal

Juniors
jc155776 said:
They were probably the ones that leaked the story 6 months ago or so that the Chairman was about to be shafted by the board and forced to shut down.
No, but lucky the chairman has his cronie faction and he had the casting vote - otherwise he was gone from the chair.

jc155776 said:
Would love to see the notes at the AGM next year in regards to meetings attended etc.
That is an extremely odd comment JC. It's evident the chairman doesnt mind talking out of the board room contrary to his comment in todays paper.

Can i ask you JC- do you know the chairman on a personal level?

jc155776

Coach
Yes I know the Chairman on a personal level, do you? You seem pretty angry about something. Its well known that Damo is a CSSC member but he hasn't posted a thing Sharks related in the forum for so long its not funny. He does this because he won't leak anything early, give scoops etc. The most I chat to him about football wise (and not very often these days as he is too busy putting in big hours for the club while running his own businesses at the same time) is how the team looks, attitudes of players etc, hardly anything secretive.

My comments stem from the fact that last time we had an election the stats showed that a lot of the current "old boys club" had a poor attendance level at meetings and the results the club was churning out reflected this. I am pretty sure I you can dig up some threads where I post on the issue qute a lot. I back the Chairman because I know how many hours he puts in for pretty much f**k all. I would have no doubt that the same lazy, self entitled pricks are no longer interested now that they don't get their 10k bonus a year while the club floundered.

Do you know something we don't? Would you want to run for the board next year or putting together a team??

I think the board should be criticised as much as people want, its a club and if you are a member then go for it. But it is obvious that there are some angry people who have had their noses put out of joint and the leaks are cowardly acts. If a board member has a problem and wishes for it to be public then at least have the balls to put your name to it. I would at least have some respect for that person for fronting up.

jackal

Juniors
Yes I know the Chairman on a personal level, do you?
No.
jc155776 said:
You seem pretty angry about something.
lol, Im not. Do you assume that becuase i offer a diference of opinion?

jc155776 said:
Its well known that Damo is a CSSC member but he hasn't posted a thing Sharks related in the forum for so long its not funny. He does this because he won't leak anything early, give scoops etc. The most I chat to him about football wise (and not very often these days as he is too busy putting in big hours for the club while running his own businesses at the same time) is how the team looks, attitudes of players etc, hardly anything secretive. My comments stem from the fact that last time we had an election the stats showed that a lot of the current "old boys club" had a poor attendance level at meetings and the results the club was churning out reflected this. I am pretty sure I you can dig up some threads where I post on the issue qute a lot.
I never inferred he did, but you seem quite defensive of your friend which is natural, but he resides in a position that is not exempt of criticism.

jc155776 said:
I back the Chairman because I know how many hours he puts in for pretty much f**k all.
And that is solely his choice.

Mitchell Johnson puts in big hours too.

jc155776 said:
Do you know something we don't? Would you want to run for the board next year or putting together a team??
Yes, No and No.

No need to build a strawman - the dicsussion is not about me. Directors run voluntarily and require several layers to sit in a high profile position.

jc155776 said:
I think the board should be criticised as much as people want, its a club and if you are a member then go for it.
I agree.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Could be a good chance - the human headline better look over his shoulder for the JRL...

Well if the strongest rivals are coming from junior league in the Shire , then the current board have nothing to fear. Not that they would have anything to fear about being voted out, as all of them barr a couple of relics, do it because they wish to see the Sharks succeed & forego all payments & fringe benefits. What they would be scared of is red nosed drunks coming in from junior league organisations in the Shire , coming in & dismantling long term strategies in favour of pumping up junior leagues resources at the expense of the Sharks finances.
Another reason why proxy voting should be discussed & allowed.
As a non shire member of the Sharks I want junior league nowhere near the club, at any level.

jackal

Juniors
Well if the strongest rivals are coming from junior league in the Shire , then the current board have nothing to fear. Not that they would have anything to fear about being voted out, as all of them barr a couple of relics, do it because they wish to see the Sharks succeed & forego all payments & fringe benefits. What they would be scared of is red nosed drunks coming in from junior league organisations in the Shire , coming in & dismantling long term strategies in favour of pumping up junior leagues resources at the expense of the Sharks finances.
Another reason why proxy voting should be discussed & allowed.
As a non shire member of the Sharks I want junior league nowhere near the club, at any level.

I agree on the proxy vote. Constitutional reform is required to amend this hopefully next year.

No one would forsee Junior League putting forward candidates, but they may vote for change if if presents.

jackal

Juniors
Though this has died down one hopes that Toyota will come to the party in lieu of the publicity fall out.

Rockstar Stadium does have a funny but catchy ring to it.

The Popper

Bench
I'd like to see the bird get the job fulltime. I reckon Leagues Club amenities have improved markedly on her watch..............and perhaps the new Board has something to do with that too.