What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

Fangs

Coach
Another disgraceful act from a disgraceful club. As if the peptides weren't enough.

The NRL should blow up the Sharks, Northies and the Eels and start fixing this mess. The mighty Panthers and Dragons have got those areas covered.

carcharias

Immortal
As a sharks fan I don’t give a f**k
Seriously
I’m not worried in the slightest
A few years ago this would’ve made me think we are gone.
Not anymore.
If we can win the comp after all the other shit the media threw at us then this is nothing.

The merkins that wrote this latest story wanted Fifita suspended for pointing towards a grand stand.
Ha

Bring it on .

BLN2

Juniors
There seems to be a couple clubs (caught, more are doing it for sure) cheating the cap every season. It's a joke, the NRL needs to grow a pair and take aim at the players and managers. These guys are the ones getting random payments of $50k+ several years ago, plead that they know nothing, and walk away clean. While the entire club and all other players get painted with the same brush..

Out the bastards and ban them, that would get all players instructing their managers to play clean.

Woody49

Juniors
Why would I be talking about the Roosters?

We've never been found guilty of a major salary cap breach, therefore we are innocent when it comes to operating under the rules provided to us by the NRL.

I suppose I shouldn't be getting so upset about this, I should really just accept the fact that our competition has some good, honest clubs, like the Roosters and Broncos that don't break the rules, but we have many slimy, filthy clubs like the Dogs, Warriors, Storm, Eels, Eagles and possibly the Sharks who think that they're above the law.
Yeah makes sense. Nice trolling idiot.

JJ

Immortal
There seems to be a couple clubs (caught, more are doing it for sure) cheating the cap every season. It's a joke, the NRL needs to grow a pair and take aim at the players and managers. These guys are the ones getting random payments of $50k+ several years ago, plead that they know nothing, and walk away clean. While the entire club and all other players get painted with the same brush..

Out the bastards and ban them, that would get all players instructing their managers to play clean.
Yep, I imagine it's endemic - the players involved, and their managers should be given heavy penalties IMO - ridiculous that they can say "my manager handles that" and not notice the large amounts of cash, speed boats etc

Lebbo73

Bench
This makes me sick.

Why should I, as a supporter of a club that has never broken the salary cap, keep supporting this competition if scum low-life clubs are allowed to continually disregard the rules?
You’ll keep supporting the NRL because the Rorters salary cap is $15m!
I’ll keep supporting the NRL because the Donkeys salary cap is whatever Brisbane donors will pour into it! ;)

Lebbo73

Bench
As a sharks fan I don’t give a f**k
Seriously
I’m not worried in the slightest
A few years ago this would’ve made me think we are gone.
Not anymore.
If we can win the comp after all the other shit the media threw at us then this is nothing.

The merkins that wrote this latest story wanted Fifita suspended for pointing towards a grand stand.
Ha

Bring it on .
You won a comp as drug cheats. Geez Gallen is still churning out some good numbers as a 37 year old?

OzDragon

Coach
Timmah just dropping English because he's dope and wack, like these allegations be fly, know what I'm sayin.
giphy.gif

carcharias

Immortal
Seeings as how the Sharks discovered the alleged discrepancy in March and reported it to the NRL
I think it is only fair that we ( the sharks ) decide the punishment... if any.

I think 3 days of taking the focus off the Dragons absolute miserable annual capitulation is a fair punishment