What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow that bow gets stretched and stretched.

I have an idea, you stick to your outrage and enjoy this arvo’s fun and games and I will go have a cuppa and not really give a shit, because tfe Sharks will still be here and ready to rumble in round 1
Amuses me that you think anyone's "outraged"? We're on a forum having a discussion about perceptions.

Enjoy the cuppa. Coffee or tea?

Amuses me that you think anyone's "outraged"? We're on a forum having a discussion about perceptions.

Enjoy the cuppa. Coffee or tea?
Coffee Timmah, oh I get the discussion, however in some cases it appears more like outrage. I’m not arguing Unforgivens point/s, just the ongoing nature of it seems to imply outrage at the the horrible horrible Sharks.

Yes, the joint has had years of dickheads doing dickhead things but they are gone surely it is now fair to give Barry and guys like Morris a fair go. Asserting that because Morris was part of a team that unwittingly / unknowingly got dragged into that shit fight, is further damaging tfe Sharks is a significant stretch of the bow in my opinion. I believe there are far more worrying things going on in this game then that minor and pointless part of this discussion

unforgiven

Bench
Coffee Timmah, oh I get the discussion, however in some cases it appears more like outrage. I’m not arguing Unforgivens point/s, just the ongoing nature of it seems to imply outrage at the the horrible horrible Sharks.

Yes, the joint has had years of dickheads doing dickhead things but they are gone surely it is now fair to give Barry and guys like Morris a fair go. Asserting that because Morris was part of a team that unwittingly / unknowingly got dragged into that shit fight, is further damaging tfe Sharks is a significant stretch of the bow in my opinion.
No outrage here, not at the Sharks anyway. If the findings show the Tigers breached the cap then I will be plenty upset at them.

As I've stated previously, I quite like the Sharks and Morris in particular, just do not believe he was the best option for them as a club at this point in time.

Quicksilver

Bench
I'm not actually speaking of his guilt here, that doesn't matter in the context of what we are speaking about. The Sharks manage to get themselves in yet another situation where they are cheating, their coach actually gets deregistered over it.So instead of distancing themselves from any scandal, they employ a coach who was heavily involved in a previous scandal. It makes it appear that the Sharks just do not care about their image or the rules of the game.

His guilt is important though.

His “guilt” was for unknowingly and unwittingly taking something that they couldn’t even prove that he took. So he doesn’t know he took it and they don’t either... That needs to be put into perspective. Just like everything. Speaking in absolutes is pointless in such a murky space.

I am not aware of anyone bringing up JM’s “links” to the scandal other than you.

I don’t think I’ve even heard anyone say a bad word about his character.

But if that’s what you want to take out of all this I guess that’s your right.

It’s clear that nothing the club does will be good enough for you though.

No outrage here, not at the Sharks anyway. If the findings show the Tigers breached the cap then I will be plenty upset at them.

As I've stated previously, I quite like the Sharks and Morris in particular, just do not believe he was the best option for them as a club at this point in time.
Fair enough. All I’m trying to say is the last part re Morris is an opinion and you are well entitled to it. Just don’t agree on that tiny little bit of what you are saying

unforgiven

Bench
His guilt is important though.

His “guilt” was for unknowingly and unwittingly taking something that they couldn’t even prove that he took. So he doesn’t know he took it and they don’t either... That needs to be put into perspective. Just like everything. Speaking in absolutes is pointless in such a murky space.

I am not aware of anyone bringing up JM’s “links” to the scandal other than you.

I don’t think I’ve even heard anyone say a bad word about his character.

But if that’s what you want to take out of all this I guess that’s your right.

It’s clear that nothing the club does will be good enough for you though.
I think he was a little lucky in that regard, as he was retiring anyway I think everyone forgot about his suspension. His extremely clean cut and hard working image probably helped in this regard too.

What I will say about John though, is everything he worked through to get to where he is now is a credit to him. I know a little about his family and to make it through the adversity that that family endured is a huge effort, because of that I will actually leave this issue alone now. My only point was that maybe the Sharks could have distanced themselves from previous scandals, while in the midst of a new one.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Yes, the joint has had years of dickheads doing dickhead things but they are gone surely it is now fair to give Barry and guys like Morris a fair go. Asserting that because Morris was part of a team that unwittingly / unknowingly got dragged into that shit fight, is further damaging tfe Sharks is a significant stretch of the bow in my opinion. I believe there are far more worrying things going on in this game then that minor and pointless part of this discussion
It would be far easier for you/others to acknowledge "yeah I can see how people might think that, but I don't agree".

Instead you all seem to want to re-prosecute the peptides saga which neither unforgiven or I are actually advocating, it's simply an observation about perception. I sincerely hope Morris does well and Cronulla recover from this.

Latest posts