What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Captaincy - Kimmorley or Peachey

southwestshark

Juniors
In todays Sunday Telegraph there is an article regarding the Cronulla captaincy issue. In it David Peachey was interviewed about this and he stated that he was happy to work under Brett Kimmorley although if offered the captaincy by Stuart Raper wouldn't knock it back.

What do you think Stuart Raper should do? Leave Kimmorley as captain and try to keep the peace or give back the captaincy to Peachey who now seems to want it after resigning last year.

Macca

Coach
I think they should be co-captains. Peachey the club captain and Noddy the on field general.

Frenzy

Juniors
I think it would be suicide to take it off Kimmorley now. He's already low on morale because Ando's gone and the last thing we need is a disgruntled playmaker.

I like McShark's idea.

Shark

Bench
Me too. 'Club Captain' means the overall skipper of all grades, yeah? Usually given to a senior figure, not necessarily the main playmaker. Wouldn't even need to be a first grade regular.

Noddy can still be the First Grade captain. That job should always go to the playmaker if that player is reasonably senior, IMO. Also should go to an 80 minute player, which both Peach and Noddy obviously are.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Not a doubt in the world.
The peach.
He is more ready & it would make up for the insult that was 02-03

& he will be the chief play maker if it all goes to plan.
Possibly even return to being the club freak.

Bk for mine. As much as I love the Peach he only has a limited time left on the field. BK has another 4 years on his contract so this would provide better stability over the next few years if he retains the job.

And as Frenzy says, it would show the Coach has confidence in him after Ando's departure.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Why would Peach not be there for another 3 years?
That wil be the period that we need to bring home the bacon.
Whilst the club is in the process of "putting" everything right, why not give Peach back his rightful captaincy, that was wrongfully taken off him?

Jimbo

Immortal
Why isn't this a poll? :lol:

Kimmorley gets my vote. He was effectively the captain in '02, with the leadership he showed, and did a good job last year when he was on the park.

Quint

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:

Sure!I mean who wants to win a premiership? as long as all the players are happy huh?
You surprise me Reefy :?

Fran sancisco

Juniors
Kimmorly should stay captain. Peach was good but what kind of media frenzy would stuart raper sacking andersons mate kimmorley cause? Weve had enough bad publicity overe the last couple of years, we dont need any more.

beerboy

Juniors
yeah i agree with that Peach club captain, Noddy Captain
Peach is like the spiritual leader if that makes sense, while Noddy is the tactical captain, Noddy would take charge anyway like he did in the NZ test in October, while Lockyer was captain

anyone who plays on with a Broken Jaw or Busted Crewitt has my vote for captain

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Schooner Of New said:
blacktip-reefy said:

Sure!I mean who wants to win a premiership? as long as all the players are happy huh?
You surprise me Reefy :?

It's no about keeping them happy.
it's about seeing the play.
In my opinion the full back is best for that.
When it comes to reading the play, there are few better than peach.

& now the andoness will be removed from the style, Peache will be back to his probing best.

imasharkie

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Not a doubt in the world.
The peach.

& he will be the chief play maker if it all goes to plan.
Possibly even return to being the club freak.
SURPRISE----SURPRISE!!!

Genius Freak

Juniors
Peach is the better choice for mine, but the reality may be that we're better off just getting on with things now without any more controversy or upheaval.

Latest posts