What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks for Sale?

taipan

Referee
Bad enough we sign a dckhead, but a Cronulla dckhead? desperate times!

I’ll just leave this here:
2017 Total comprehensive income / (loss) for the year ($2,544,968)
https://sharkies.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Annual-Report-2017-FINAL_lowres.pdf

It's what you deserve.You make your bed, you have to lie in it.Enjoy.
BTW you are showing us nothing new . A certain payout for a former CEO helped.

Meantime how are the consolidated accounts of the Pirates coming along? For the current and past years.:oops:

siv

First Grade
Bad enough we sign a dckhead, but a Cronulla dckhead? desperate times!

I’ll just leave this here:
2017 Total comprehensive income / (loss) for the year ($2,544,968)
https://sharkies.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Annual-Report-2017-FINAL_lowres.pdf

Actuall whats more interesting reading is the $1.51 mil in bank - which includes a advance of $1.5 mil from the NRL from their 2018 grant

Poor final results or season next year and/or no cash from the developers could cause issues

Perth Red

Post Whore
Actuall whats more interesting reading is the $1.51 mil in bank - which includes a advance of $1.5 mil from the NRL from their 2018 grant

Poor final results or season next year and/or no cash from the developers could cause issues

Strangely this financial report is different to whats in the annual report and has them running at a $3.8mill deficit for the year!
https://www.sharks.com.au/siteassets/2018/03/csdrlfc-2017-accounts.pdf

They are also carrying historic debt to the tune of $5.4mill.

That windfall isnt going to last long at this rate!

Sharks will be a good test case to see if the $3mill grant surplus and football dept cap this year can get clubs on a break even.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal

Perth Red

Post Whore
Let it go man
The Sharks footy club is killing you.

What happened to you only watching car racing?
I guess soccer is not an option either ey?

Soccer is never an option. motor sport has been good this year, race car is nearly finished. But nothing beats a bit of shark baiting lol.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pretty sure we are in the same boat as most other teams.
How do we compare?

I'll have a look and let you know :)
Unfortunately its only clubs with leagues clubs that produce annual financial reports so with most clubs no way of knowing how they are travelling other than news ltd stories but who knows if there is any accuracy to them?

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
I'll have a look and let you know :)
Unfortunately its only clubs with leagues clubs that produce annual financial reports so with most clubs know way of knowing how they are travelling other than news ltd stories but who knows if there is any accuracy to them?

Convenient for you and your death riding of the Sharks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Convenient for you and your death riding of the Sharks.

One can only comment on the facts laid before one. Cronullas financial facts are pretty ugly last year, like said it will be very interesting to see what 2018 looks like with the extra NRL grant and if that brings clubs back to the black or if they continue to fritter it and run up debts.

Ironically the best hope for me to ever see a Perth team in NRL is for all 16 clubs to be making roaring profits so the NRL can expand confident in the existing clubs sustainability :)

carcharias

Immortal
One can only comment on the facts laid before one. Cronullas financial facts are pretty ugly last year, like said it will be very interesting to see what 2018 looks like with the extra NRL grant and if that brings clubs back to the black or if they continue to fritter it and run up debts.

Ironically the best hope for me to ever see a Perth team in NRL is for all 16 clubs to be making roaring profits so the NRL can expand confident in the existing clubs sustainability :)

So if this rich Arab buys the Sharks it’ll help Perth you reckon?

Ha

I hope it never happens in that case

AJB1102

First Grade
An NRL club in the red? Oh my! How many actually run a profit? We've survived much worse with no potential windfalls in sight. I'll back them to make it through.

Latest posts