What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks fume as MP deserts project

And we know DGRs issued by the Planning Dept. include as a consideration saving the backside of an NRL club in debt to what $11 or $12m?

There is a line there about loans and the St George bank but I guess we shouldn't hurt the feelings of Sharks supporters,

Hey Coupe, when have i mentioned the Sharks involvement? To be perfectly honest if it was the Dragons or a developer on their own doing this, I would have the same opinion.

I feel for those who believe in the issues being raise, such as yourself, however I also think those in favour of the development have just as much right to argue their points in favour.

I honestly believe the positives for the area and Shire in general outweigh the negatives. In fact, if it gets the go ahead, I would definitely look at purchasing. Hey we would be neighbours!!! BBQ at you place maybe? (I can't afford a yard in the Shire, so would need to come to your joint). Do you have a pool?

Seriously Coupe, Sharks benefiting is great and why shouldn't they as they own the land.

I think the argument about their debt has nothing to do with the positives or negatives of the developers application.

Cheers

R2Coupe

Juniors
i fail to see how quality of life will be affected by this development. its nearest residents are over 300 meters away. i dont think that their views of botany aby will be affected unless the live in 5 storey mansions (even then i fail to see how they would still have a decent view of botany bay)

surveys and reports have been done by the right poeple, i just think that people choose to believe what is in their heads without properly investigating the development and taking it on its merits and what the developers have done.

from what i can see, all the boxes have been checked and every aspect of evrything you can possibly think of has been checked and double checked and even changed by the developers to get the right mix.

if your against, fine, but come up with a rebuttal that is worthy of discussion instead of just "too many cars, we are going to get flooded...etc"

FTR i am for this development, i am a shire resident and have thoroughly investigated every aspect of this development, from attending info nights, to making my own inquiries and im happy to say that this development will only benefit shire residents including myaself and young family in years to come.

Here is a rebuttal worthy of you. You have stated

surveys and reports have been done by the right poeple, i just think that people choose to believe what is in their heads without properly investigating the development and taking it on its merits and what the developers have done.

These surveys and reports you mention have been prepared by companies working for the developer. Independent reports will obviously have to be prepared to ensure a robust and merit based assessment occurs.

And your dismissive advice -

if your against, fine, but come up with a rebuttal that is worthy of discussion instead of just "too many cars, we are going to get flooded...etc"

Traffic, flooding and any number of other issues are requirements issued by the Planning Department. Issues which obviously have been identified by the Department for rigorous study and assessment.

So in fact, you have dismissed the issues identified by the No 1 planner in NSW ie Director Planning.

FTR i am for this development, i am a shire resident and have thoroughly investigated every aspect of this development, from attending info nights, to making my own inquiries and im happy to say that this development will only benefit shire residents including myaself and young family in years to come

Fine you are entitled to your opinion. However it has been established the reports and surveys you mention are paid for by the developer and are not independent, the issues you don't believe are worthy of discussion have been included by the top planner in NSW as requirements for consideration and in view of the foregoing, it is difficult (actually impossible) to come to the conclusion you have,

Coupe, for goodness sake, we all get you are against the development. You don't have to convince anyone and you are absolutely entitled to your opinion/s. You raise good points about the project brief being from the developer and the (independent) reports they commissioned. But surely it is up to those professionals assessing the application to determine the weight those reports carry, not any of us.

Anyway, it is a waiting game and shall be interesting

carcharias

Immortal
I am suggesting such a serious enough issue as far as you are
concerned warranted a first hand experience.
You spent enough time on here you'd think you would have seen for yourself.

I also seriously doubt she even went.

It was convenient to use her as deflection for your obvious limited knowledge of the entire
development .

The flood theory you reiterated right from the start was literally a Capsis
bullshit story you wanted to believe in.

Since then you have not backed up one single claim.

I have repeatedly challenged you to show proof of any flood
no matter how big or small.
A pic of the flood or a link to a news story.
...,, yet Nothing.

Don't worry I get the traffic concerns, they are legit.

The rest however is complete bollocks.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Hope coupes ok
Been a fair bit of rain..... Has anyone seen George loading up the ark this arvo?
Maybe the locals can get a servant to pop their head out the windows to
check and make sure alls good.

Maybe you could get your wife or partner to do this for you:D Sherlock!

Good for the shire in terms of jobs, new amenities and new opportunities for growth in the area.
Good for the sharks. Which would be able to increase it's level of funding to junior sport and community programs.

That's the case for.

As for the sharks leagues debt, being in debt should not be a factor in the merits and approval of the project.

R2Coupe

Juniors
:D:D

carcharias

I think it has already been established I have researched this sufficiently. Go read the posts from independent forum users.

Believe me, there are families out there which value their wives opinion's and believe they are of sufficient intelligence and liberated enough to make informed decisions. We happen to be one of those families.

I posted links to the DGRs which clearly make reference to the NSW Government's Floodplain Manual 2005 for the assessment.

There is a map posted by another forum member. Go read his comments for independent advice.

Finally, the photo I posted taken at the southern end of the Western Grandstand of Shark Park which says words to the effect "In the event of flood go to higher ground". This is immediately adjacent to the proposed tower site.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Is it true a new southern sydney franchise is looking for a new homeground in the A league next year? Deathwatch isn't it,:D

carcharias

Immortal
Mate
Just one single pic or
link to a news story of any single flood
at shark park since the dawn of the time.

Nothing against women at all
I just reckon you or your wife never even attended any single info night.

My wife is smoking hot and f**king as smart as anyone I know.
Still doesn't mean I will take her word for everything.

Her surf reports are exhibit A
She can balance the books for major companies but can't tell if there is a wave in the ocean
even when looking at it with her own two eyes.

DJShaksta

First Grade
An A-League side playing out of shark park would be great.
Watch the NRL team and an A-League side play on the same weekend.
Then have some dinner in one of the new restaurants.
Check out the new shops.
Sounds great.

Thanks for your support R2Coupe.

BigBadWilly

Juniors
Well I will say this I am not a sharks supporter but my wife is a Shire girl at heart and yep a sharks supporter and has already advised me that we WILL be buying a unit in the development she also thinks I look good in Black White and Blue :? that wont happen chaps but hey I think the development is a needed upgrade to the area.

Just a question though if height is a complaint lol on the flood plain why dont they just build on top of the shops and leagues club as well could probably get 1k units up that way and really piss the neighbours off :D.

cleary89

Coach
imo the biggest problem is the size. If sharks had no debt, would they be content with 300 units and 6 stories?

No doubt. Just trying to make it huge to save the sharks. Looking forward to the rally on the 20th.

Ausguy

Coach
Try to be a bit sophisticated.

And we know DGRs issued by the Planning Dept. include as a consideration saving the backside of an NRL club in debt to what $11 or $12m?

There is a line there about loans and the St George bank but I guess we shouldn't hurt the feelings of Sharks supporters,

Are you suggesting women aren't capable of making informed decisions?

Why don't you present your case for the development Sherlock?

Is it true a new southern sydney franchise is looking for a new homeground in the A league next year? Deathwatch isn't it,:D

Maybe you could get your wife or partner to do this for you:D Sherlock!

I will when you will.

Ps you still have not answered my question.

KiamaSaint

Coach
imo the biggest problem is the size. If sharks had no debt, would they be content with 300 units and 6 stories?

No doubt. Just trying to make it huge to save the sharks.

I tend to agree with this assessment which begs the question do the developers feel the same way? If they get the first 300 units will they be pushing hard for the rest? I don't know fellas, I smell a rat.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I tend to agree with this assessment which begs the question do the developers feel the same way? If they get the first 300 units will they be pushing hard for the rest? I don't know fellas, I smell a rat.

I smell rotten dead fish

Latest posts