What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Gunning for 11 Straight

Ribs

Bench
Sharks Gunning for 11 Straight

April 14, 2008

Several hundred people gathered this afternoon at Toyota Park to welcome home the triumphant Sharks, following their 10th straight April Premiership. They have also planned a ticker tape parade through the streets of The Shire on Sunday.

Captain Paul Gallen told the crowd it had been a difficult week and the victory was only just beginning to sink in.
"I think we can match the Dragon’s 11 straight premierships now, and we’re determined to do just that. It’s an amazing feat capturing so many April Premierships in a row, and one that we here at the Sharks are very, very proud of. We’ve copped a lot of criticism in the press and from other club’s supporters about our lack of success, so this goes a long way to proving that we are the real deal”.
When asked about the actual premiership decider in October, Gallen was quick to add:
“That’s of no concern to us, we’ll go on a bit of a holiday over the next few weeks and laze about for a while and see what happens, we’re not usually there in October so there’s little point in concerning ourselves with that.”

Young star Greg Bird, who chased our crew around for the entire interview just to get his head on camera, had more than a few things to say.
“Yeah mate yeah mate yeah, it was awesome, just awesome. Sticky done us good at training, put on a few switches and stuff. Strewth, get off me Paul, I said switches, not stitches.”

The ticker tape parade will have a different feel to it this time around as the last few years nobody actually turned up. CEO Greg Pierce knew the time had come for a change:
"We all know Cronulla supporters don’t travel outside their own small universe down here in the Shire so this year the parade will just cruise all the streets of the Shire so our fans can do what they do best, watch us from home.”

Long time Cronulla supporter and banjo tuner, Juan Farkall cant wait:
“Yeah dude, I’m totally stoked, nobody can touch us this early in the season and this year we proved to the world we are the force of April. I’ve got three buckets of cut up newspaper for the team and one bucket of rocks just in case some of those coloured folk come by.”

Coach Ricky Stuart seemed too concerned about the colour of the grass to comment.
“Well it was green this year and it was green last year, the administrators have don’t nothing to fix the problem”.

Will be a very interesting day this Sunday and I expect that most Bangladesh nationals will steer well clear of the celebrations.

The Preacher

First Grade
:lol: They'll have to double up on the "grey shirts" down at the railway station.

Today Tonight and A Current Affair may start bashing each other just to get the mood right.

Ribs

Bench
2005_20_01crowd.jpg

Inferno

Coach
lol, you're throwing stones at a team coming equal first, from a team coming 2nd last?

:lol:

The Preacher

First Grade
Where you start and where you finish are two entirely different things, as Scum supporters well know !!! :lol:

The Preacher

First Grade
RCB, with the record Cronulla have with CEO's, and as disgraceful as Mr.Tired and Emotional is, I think it's a case of the pot and the kettle here.

(Notice how I didn't mention the word black in case in caused a race riot)

Inferno

Coach
Not really, I just find it ironic, you make fun of a team doing well when yours is going quite poorly.

Rather be celebrating an april premiership, than an April wooden spoon, but each to their own.

its good. theyre attacking their natural enemy. the team next door. they are showing pride in the red v. which is something the team hasnt shown all year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not really, I just find it ironic, you make fun of a team doing well when yours is going quite poorly.
Which means ribsy caught one. lol
Inferno said:
Rather be celebrating an april premiership, than an April wooden spoon, but each to their own.
Yes, and an excellent summation. In fact, I've never seen the core reason for the Sharks' lack of premiership success expressed so well.

Yes, and an excellent summation. In fact, I've never seen the core reason for the Sharks' lack of premiership success expressed so well.

pretty much sums it up actually.

its ok to be at the top now. but another mid-end of season slump would be terrible.

its good to be 4th now. but i would like to be 4th come round 26 and have a real shot.

if we can just strangle every opponant we play with our defence...thats the key. strangle!

Ribs

Bench
"we're winning, we're winning"

ha ha ha ha ha, classic.

It was in response to the ever on time April morons that come in here with the usual dribble.

I posted in the Saints forum for a laugh, but thanks for dropping by and making my effort so much more worthwhile.

Now, go join your new, 25 post bandwagon April sharks supporters and go celebrate.

Inferno

Coach
They came in here after a victory of your hopeless mob. Go have a gander over at the Sharks forum and you won't find too many people over enthused with our form so far. No ones getting carried away just yet. But by all means, if it makes you feel better poke fun at a team doing a hell of a lot better than you at the moment.

Ribs

Bench
ha ha yeah 10 days after the win...... time moves slow in the south.

See, the difference is we dont bother with your forum. You're in here again though.