What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks & Jets to partner

One of the challenges for the League is than not every NRL club has its own NSW or Queensland Cup affiliate. Melbourne and Cronulla, for instance, both provide players for the Sharks' feeder club side.

However, that situation could soon change as Cronulla are in negotiations to partner with Newtown from next season.

The Jets' nine-year association with the Roosters will soon come to an end after the premiers opted to link with Wyong to give them a crack at the talent on the Central Coast.

Cronulla CEO Steve Noyce has a good relationship with Jets officials from his time at the Roosters and there is a possibility a Sharks-Jets association could be formalised by the end of the week.

Full story

Weaponhead

Coach
For this to work the Sharks need to havoc ntrol over selections and positions. One of the reasons we have struggled to produce outside backs is that most centres and wingers in the Reggie's side are storm players.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Yes, for 2 main reasons.

1) Sharks had no money
2) Jets had no money

Nothing has changed that I'm aware of.

What concerns me is that it seems narrow-minded. So many of the other teams seem to be expanding their 'reach' to proper regional areas, but we go to Newtown.

Am I missing something?

Pig Champion

Juniors
What concerns me is that it seems narrow-minded. So many of the other teams seem to be expanding their 'reach' to proper regional areas, but we go to Newtown.

Am I missing something?

We'll have our pick of hipsters, uni students, punks, gays, lesbians, foodies.

Quigs

Immortal
And don't forget that some of our very finest heathens have been known to frequent Henson Park on a regular basis.

Deadly

Juniors

Am I missing something?

The $450k you are going to save will be able to be put towards keeping the next Tyrone Peachey or Mick Lichaa.

Your players will get to play in front of the biggest stand alone NSW Cup crowds there are and will be treated like first graders by the Bluebags' faithful.

It's not all bad!

Deadly

Juniors
Roosters signing, played his first senior football at Newtown. It was obvious early on he was a freakish talent.

carcharias

Immortal
Rd19.jpg

Deadly

Juniors
Yes re Mellers & Leuluai and you can throw in James Stosic!

Kevin Kingston & Beau Scott were Sharks signings but Kevin spent pretty much the entire season with Newtown and actually acknowledges it helped turn his career around. He still comes to watch games at Henson with his family!

The side made it to the week before the Grand Final and almost knocked off eventual premiers Parramatta in the GF qualifier.

Latest posts