What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks rule out safe haven if Carney and Roosters part ways

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Unless the Dragons offer a ridiculous amount, I doubt he will go there. As(if i were) his manager, I would strongly advise against it. The scrutiny, the pressure, the pharkwitt supporters, would get to him.
Look how they chewed their own Trent Barrett, Timmins, Hornby, Ryles, Tallis apart when they did something they didnt like.
The Sharks & Carney area perfect marriage. We need each other badly.
I also think Mitch Brown to St George makes more sense & it probably gives them time to try & get Josh Morris back.

SharkShocked

Bench
Given how far the Sharks have seemingly gone down the lines of negotiations and all associated media speculation in regards to Carney...

The absolute worst result would be if we get gazumped by another club at the last minute.

Whilst i still believe that Carney is a huge roll of the dice, one that the club should probably take, if we are shown to not even be able to secure the signature of a player that is so maligned by a majority of the NRL Clubs and supporters i really can't think of a worse signal in relation to our recruitment ability.

I for one hope this circus ends in his signature over the weekend or early next week and in our favor. A negative end to this story could be very damaging.

Unless theres some very extenuating circumstances I havent heard yet, its hard to see how "This boy Schubert" would rule that moltzen stay at tigers .Would destroy his credibility (thats if he has any left)

roboshark

Coach
when it cmes to the nrl hierarchy..think logical. good for the game, the right thing to do

then do the opposite

What do I have to do to get Carney to sign ???!! Apparently a keg of beers not enough!! OK Ill throw in a bottle of Jim Beam. You know ..the square bottles ,so it dont roll off the seat when you go round the corners a bit quick.

Since 73

First Grade
fuuuuggg! it's friggin soap opera.

carney may not look upon us with the same luv we do. I'd sign for free to wear the BWB.

but if the only offer i had was the raiders I'd be stalling to see if someone comes at the 11th hour.
maybe Todd hates the idea of playing for us.

The Stains??!! fugg me - Soward and nightingale won't be happy. 1 and 6.

newman

First Grade
I just bumped into a saints media guy, complete coincidence. He knew nothing about the carney offer. He's pretty clued in.

newman

First Grade
^

I like smacking him on the back of the head with my open palm when he walks off. Do it every time to the fugger.

Latest posts