What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks sign Snowden

roboshark

Coach
Sharks have signed former schoolboy prop Kade Snowden from Newcastle...2 yrs

source...NBN news

roboshark

Coach
Player Profile Player Profile

Kade Snowden

Date of Birth: 31 December 1986 (Age: 20 years old)

Height: 188cm

Weight: 113kg

Nick name: Snowy

Birth place: Belmont, NSW

Preferred position: Front Row/2nd Row

Year you joined the Knights: 2002

Signed with the Knights until: 2008

Your star sign: Capricorn

What do you remember about your NRL debut? Thrilling

Favourite item of clothing: Pluggers

As a kid, what was your dream job? Professional Footballer

Best pick up line you have ever used or heard? Yes Please

CD you're currently listening to: Metallica

Something we don't know about you: Good swimmer

Match day song: Don’t need it

If you starred in a movie, what role would you play and what type of movie would it be? Chevy Chase - Vegas Vacation

Famous person you most admire: Will Farrel

roopy

Referee
Snowden.
As a schoolboy he was MOTM twice out of three games v England.
MOTM when Knights won the SG Ball title.
Made his firstgrade debut at 18.
MOTM for NSW u17s v Qld - missed u19s because of injury.
Played in knights Flegg GF side in 2006.
Carlsen medal winner as Knights best junior in 2004 - edging out Jarod Mullen

Currently he is 188cm 113kg prop who is incredibly powerful but he has grown so large he lacks speed, mobility and fitness.

I think if you can get 6 or 7 kg off him he will be the best prop going around - but he grows bigger as we speak.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Thanks roopy.

Saves me trawling through the Newcastle forum looking for your posts on the lad.

Special K

Coach
He has got into a bit of trouble this year.

kicked it a bit with him at schoolies through mutual friends and everyone was crapping on about how next year he'd be the next sonny bill and stuff - this was 2004. He was probably the most hyped flegg player in recent memory

When he wants to go - he is pretty unstoppable. I rate this signing very highly - he needs to get out of his comfort zone.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
what an average signing.
Lets hope there is something I cant see in the guy who in all his first grade games hasnt managed to break the line or help anybody break the line.

No wonder it hasnt made the news.

roboshark

Coach
will find it hard to make 1st grade side early on id suggest

hopefully we are not signing him and letting stapler go

Special K

Coach
don't expect him to tear the nrl up - think galloway but more potential. I think Snowden will go well with gallen, thompson, bird, stapleton, ross(?) around him. He'll be fighting for a spot here, rather then being expected to walk in and dominate like he was in newcastle.

douglas and snowden is a pretty handy front row long term to look at. I'd take Snowden over Weston and it looks like thats what the decision boiled down to.

SharkFin

Juniors
A pretty good signing in my opinion, big front rower, plenty of schoolboy rep under his belt, still at an early age too. Welcome kade :)

imasharkie

Coach
Onya K.
Having someone living in Newy has it's upside.

Didn't we sign Birdie from Newy as a 19 year old.

azzah72

Bench
This Could be the Prop signing i was talking about, the back i am led to believe is Jamaal Lolesi, who is in Huddersfield i believe at the moment but wants out of england and we might be trying to pick him up.

Once again i could be wrong but a prop was just signed so who knows.

darkness

Juniors
Ive seen big dudes line him up, hit him and bounce off him , and he looked at them like, stop buggin me. Dam strong for a young guy, just needs to be harnessed properly. Good luck kade

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
azzah72 said:
This Could be the Prop signing i was talking about, the back i am led to believe is Jamaal Lolesi, who is in Huddersfield i believe at the moment but wants out of england and we might be trying to pick him up.

Once again i could be wrong but a prop was just signed so who knows.

good stuff azzah, that would be a great signing. the tradesman for our apprentice.