What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks' tough trial

Vossy

Bench
no. I am saying he had zero football skills & contributed next to nothing to Cronulla's attack.
Great defender. Not fast, no attack, no skill.
Now playing in kiddie league.

now now reefy, your just lowering him to TDD's level when he was better then you think..might not have been all the hype that surrounded him originally but did his job, he was going places but decided to be a dog instead

certainly shat all over dustin cooper

coolumsharkie

Referee
Be interesting to see what kind of footy he could've produced. He's the type of player that doesn't have a great amount of natural brilliance, but he was getting better through game time.

Pity.

azzah72

Bench
no. I am saying he had zero football skills & contributed next to nothing to Cronulla's attack.

I'm about 50/50 on the stuff you come out with reef, agree with some, other not but this is the biggest load of horsehsit i have read.

The bloke was doing very well and was a big loss at a very crucial part of the year (the begining of the damn season).

The previous year he was doing well as a running back and a centre.

millersnose

Post Whore
in fact i think reefy went easy on anderson

i thought he was caught out of position quite often

though that was inexperience

samshark

Juniors
He had a pretty good year in 2008 as a second rower and in my opinion, with his potential and more experience would have developed into an international player with the planned move back to the centres. Was a very big loss.

redback

Bench

....and some people thought you actually knew something about League. Sorry kids!

shadowboxer

First Grade
former management signed him on as a "he could be anything" player.
He was solid, great defender and vital cog but now lost in jap rugby never seeing the ball.
he was a "loss" and to some degree still is, but he still would have been part of the side that ran second to last in 09.
If only Pommeroy could tackle he would fit his old role.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Fraser turned out to be a nothing. he played a position that should have been an attacking weapon.
I believed he was fast. he wasn't. I thought he could swerve. he couldn't. At worst he, didn't & he didnt try.
His best claim to fame will be .5 points per game for the sharks & Japanese rugby. Just a fraction behind Dustin Cooper.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
We can only score 4 points in a trial, when defence is not usually at its best, Ricky has done it again, cant wait for the season to begin, what new records will Ricky break at the club, most consecutive losses, and leat points for the season, honestly 4 points in a trial

Wow!!

Looks like Dicky Stupid has worked wonders with our attack!

Wow!!

We also coughed up plenty of the pill very early in tackle counts.The downtown rule was disciplined by the ref with penalties to us and Manly for it so we better get used to the enforcement of this rule as it will be their pet project in the early part of the year for sure.

Cuthbertson was good value tonight in tricky conditions. I was very impressed with the amount of offloads he got away with. Most of them were real quality. He really adds alot flair in attack to our forward pack. He has definitely worked on his fitness and will be a big improver this year. Kelly trailed him for one particuarly good offload in traffic.

[ I was really happy with the enthusiasm and flair we showed when we had some ball. Unfortunately our handling failed at crucial times and we still need to get some execution of some attacking moves nailed down. But the potential is there and I can already see an improvement with our style of play. We will definitely be better to watch this year!

WOW WOW!!!