What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Sharks V Broncos scores*

Ghoulies

Bench
renouf said:
Sharks usually play a bash and smash game in the forwards - you picked the wrong forward pack to do that against tonight.

I actually thought they had the dominant pack, with only one of our forwards making 150m+ (Thorn), whereas the Sharks' Nutley(215m) and Gallen(180m) both topped it easily.

But I think the Sharks' outside backs, really cost them this one when they failed to capitalise on so much possession in the first half.

BWNB

First Grade
renouf said:
It's nice having a bloke like Brad Thorn on the field.. it doesn't matter how many go in to hit him, he still makes it over the advantage line.

Sharks didn't deserve to win. They dropped far to much ball.. there were some average calls for both teams, but still there are bad calls in every game. Sharks usually play a smash and bash game in the forwards - you picked the wrong forward pack to do that against tonight.
:blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: :blahb: well would u call an error the same as a drop ball , cause if you think about it
sharks made 15 errors
broncos made 15 errors

renouf

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
I actually thought they had the dominant pack

I disagree because we were the ones that came out on top... they tried to bash us around but our forwards kept coming at them and in the end ran over the top of them.

Kiwi

First Grade
Ghoulies said:
renouf said:
Sharks usually play a bash and smash game in the forwards - you picked the wrong forward pack to do that against tonight.

I actually thought they had the dominant pack, with only one of our forwards making 150m+ (Thorn), whereas the Sharks' Nutley(215m) and Gallen(180m) both topped it easily.

But I think the Sharks' outside backs, really cost them this one when they failed to capitalise on so much possession in the first half.

I think it was fairly even. With 3 of their forwards making over 100m, and 2 Broncos. They had 1 back make over 100, the Broncos had 2. It was as even as the score shows. If you look through the numbers in terms of metres gained by each forward, it was fairly even.

What took me by surprise was Hodges. Only 1 missed tackle and 2 errors to go with 23 hit ups for 257 metres, 2 offloads, 7 dhrs. Top effort, I knew he'd come good, but he is doing it faster than I thought he would. Wont be long now before he'll back to his best.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
What a dissapointing game
we were by far the better team and definetly deserved the win. everyone around me was saying it. we dominated most of the match, and they got a few lucky calls and tries
dissapointing by the boys, i hope raper gets stuck into them
nutley and gallen were the best on the field.
covell shortly followed.
Covell looked dangerous everytime he had it. unfortunately raper never moved him into the centre.

Yes that's basically it. If the Sharks want to win games they must get the ball to Covell.

Striker

Juniors
Sharks fans shouldn't feel dissapointed about that performance, that was a top match tonight. There were a few errors by both teams but that was due to the pressure of the game. And with the refereeing I think both teams got a lot of tough calls, that flop call was a joke, very harsh on the sharks. I think Vagana was lucky not to be spotted smacking Lockyer high though.

I think the Sharks camp will still be very positive after that match. Top effort from Brisbane though they showed a similar resistance to that of their effort against the Dragons. Just hung in and hung in till they took the match. A real 80minute performance by the Broncos!

lotti

Bench
c_eagle said:
Meanie said:
lotti said:
just wait until next week, the Sea Eagles are gonna thrash the Broncos.

Why do you say that?

Because lotti is an idiot and a serial pest.
c eagle I don't miss you as much now, at least now I've got an outlet for my Storm bragging. Meanie I'm a Sea Eagle, Sharks and Storm supporter so I have to say that plus Manly is playing really well this year.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think either side should be upset with the performance.

Sharks won the battle of the forwards...however Broncos just won overall.

Nutley, great game from him.

While for us Broncos, Stagg made a good 42 tackles (some of which had to be made) and looks to be hitting back into form.

Lockyer backed up well for us, he seemed to miss having Carroll though.

Berrigan was our big strike weapon and did a good job of it.

Any news on Tate? Hopefully his season isn't over, also Thaiday sounds like he's gonna be out for awhile.

Anyways congrats to both teams and woot go the Broncos.

curry

Juniors
gregstar said:
MEATWAD said:
What is it with the Covell thing? I mean I love my team's honest toilers too, but seriously. :roll:
it's a prank that a bunch of schoolboys are pulling in a vain attempt to be considered comedians - they'd be funnier contributing to the youth suicide statistics

thats just a sick, wrong thing to say about another person, because he admires a certain player, a player that has done nothing wrong.....if anyone deserves to be banned it should be you for stupid insensitive comments like that.

and seriously, what has bbsf done anyway, even with the covell thing hes only ever stated he thinks hes a good player and would make a good 5/8th, its everyone else who beats it up. with me ive often stated no one should be obsessed with him, he is a prodigious talent thats for sure, and could one day hit the heights of wally lewis and the greatest of them all, Gary Freeman. but im angry he never accepted the st george offer. his cut and rough style doesnt sit tight with everybody i suppose.

But its definately no reason to suggest a kid commit suicide over it, you sick f**k

Mad Dogg

Juniors
cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
ok DO THE ATTACKING TEAM GET THE BENNIFIT OF THE DOUBT?
Only if it's basically a 50/50 decision. You can't give the attacking team the benefit of the doubt if you think it's 80% certain that they didn't score the try, despite that leaving a 20% of doubt.

The video ref obviously felt that it was more than likely a no-try, something which I agreed with. Stagg somehow stopped Vagana from getting it down for as long as we could see the ball, and there was nothing that happened after the second defender slide in that made it look like it did get grounded.

Lego_Man

First Grade
curry said:
gregstar said:
MEATWAD said:
What is it with the Covell thing? I mean I love my team's honest toilers too, but seriously. :roll:
it's a prank that a bunch of schoolboys are pulling in a vain attempt to be considered comedians - they'd be funnier contributing to the youth suicide statistics

thats just a sick, wrong thing to say about another person, because he admires a certain player, a player that has done nothing wrong.....if anyone deserves to be banned it should be you for stupid insensitive comments like that.

and seriously, what has bbsf done anyway, even with the covell thing hes only ever stated he thinks hes a good player and would make a good 5/8th, its everyone else who beats it up. with me ive often stated no one should be obsessed with him, he is a prodigious talent thats for sure, and could one day hit the heights of wally lewis and the greatest of them all, Gary Freeman. but im angry he never accepted the st george offer. his cut and rough style doesnt sit tight with everybody i suppose.

But its definately no reason to suggest a kid commit suicide over it, you sick f**k

BWNB

First Grade
Mad Dogg said:
cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
ok DO THE ATTACKING TEAM GET THE BENNIFIT OF THE DOUBT?
Only if it's basically a 50/50 decision. You can't give the attacking team the benefit of the doubt if you think it's 80% certain that they didn't score the try, despite that leaving a 20% of doubt.

The video ref obviously felt that it was more than likely a no-try, something which I agreed with. Stagg somehow stopped Vagana from getting it down for as long as we could see the ball, and there was nothing that happened after the second defender slide in that made it look like it did get grounded.

thats true , vagana could of just dived

Latest posts