What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v Dragons Rnd 2 2011 MONDAY NIGHT

carcharias

Immortal
great win by the Dragons.....they did have double our salary cap ...so it was almost expected.

Mundine was on fire..shame he could never ever produce the goods when it mattered most.

great win by the Dragons.....they did have double our salary cap ...so it was almost expected.

Mundine was on fire..shame he could never ever produce the goods when it mattered most.

Waaah....

It was almost expected because the Sharks are sh*t and don't win anything. /

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Its your forum mate. We should have won that GF for sure. Its ancient history now though. Norths were still in the comp at that stage.

Much prefer my recent history.

Quigs

Immortal
the dirty farkin rotten stinkin' farkin' karmichaels.

Now Ive got to check my booked flights to see if I have covered Monday night.

Thanks a farkin' lot NRL. Farkkkkk I hate the modern game.

Who'd a put a local derby clash like this on a Monday farkinnnnnn night.

Farkkkkkkkkk em

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
as farkin anticipated, my BOOKED departure flight from Sydney to Rockhampton is 10.30am MONDAY FARKIN MORNING..

Oh well its on the blower to VIRGIN to get my plans changed... guess I will be out of pocket some..

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

jc155776

Coach
Hey Quigs.

Best bet is to cancel that one flight and get the flight credit less $30 then rebook tuesday.

Tuesday flights are cheap at least, otherwise the merkins may charge you a change fee and not give you back the difference in flight credit either.

Was going to fly down for this game, so much for that now.

f**king merkins.

Quigs

Immortal
Well it just farkin cost me another 200 smackers.

To change booking dates the fees for me and the missus was $60. per head. I couldn't cancel the Monday Flight as it was booked as a "sale" booking. use it or loose it.

Okay so I tries the smarts.. there are currently cheap flights going at $105 from Rocky to Syd-a-ney but if I cancel my current flight down its $50 per head for a straight out cancellation.

So if I cancel the 'down' flight and then rebook the monday orig return flight its $60 so all up its $220 in fees.

If I just refried the package, changed from Frid to Sunday down and Mon to Tues up I am only up for additional $196.00

Thanks a farkinnnnn heap Mr Gallop

All up now for a bloke on a small income the bill is $728.00

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

jc155776

Coach
What a joke it is.

I am wanting to book flights for the Easter weekend now.

But can't do so as the times are not released and we may cop a Monday night game again.

Quigs

Immortal
WHEN IS THIS PROPOSED SEASON DRAW BEING ANNOUNCED.

The one with the actual playing days of the Rounds.

I got an email this morning from my friends at Virgin, and I have a chance for cheap flights to the Donkeys game in Bris in Rd21 and the Cows in Rd 25.

I dont want to get caught again, and I would like to only have a one or two day stay in Bris and Townsville .

Anyone know the answer, I am sure that the full draw and dates was going to be announced well prior to season kickoff ...... and not just the block release of five round bullsh!t .

Hey JC I will hopefully catch up with you at the Cows game.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Ausguy

Coach
Quigs that's not happening anytime soon. My understanding is that it won't happen at all this season. Where did u hear different?

Quigs

Immortal
I thought it was announced during this season. It was going to be similar to what the Gay F L do. So you know what, who and where for the entire competition.

Dead set does the league take into consideration that some people actually follow the game and that they live outside of state capitals.

I hoped in 2011 to make at least four sharks games with this information in hand (the full draw and dates of games) the Donkeys game in Bris, the Tits game at the GC, of course the Sydney clash against the Stinking Stains, which I booked last October thinking that anyone in their right mind would not have such a high profile local derby on a Monday Night, and was anticipating hitting townsville for the cows match.

I can now book flights for 85bucks to townsville, but I dont want to book accommodation for four nights just incase its a monday game.

Re your ques Aus, I am positive someone did state that the full draw and dates was going to be announced late this year early next year.

Could be wrong, but would have to think if it is a great idea to announce the draw and a common sense thing, then knowing the NRL, there is no way in Gods Name that they would even consider it.

That mob get something right well in advance. ....... sheeeezzzee

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I tell you it's a farkinnnnnn joke.

Quigs

Immortal
Ques ... For the record when does the Gay FL draw come out.?

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Inferno

Coach
The easy solution would be to scrap monday night footy, and have FTA pick up 1 game on friday, 1 on saturday and 1 on Sunday. Play 2 games friday night, 3 on saturday, 3 on sunday.

Whole draw could be released, because channel 9 still knows it has a number of options on any given day for the games it wishes to air.

It will never happen though.

jc155776

Coach
Quigs, for the last 5 years in a row the Sharks vs Cowboys game has been a Saturday night.

It MAY be a Friday night if both teams are ripping in and playing good footy.

It will NEVER be a Sunday.

But who knows, after saying all that they may pull the old switcheroo and make it a monday again. It is a joke.

I will be moving to Brisbane in January but will still be flying back up for the Cows game, if I can get a decent idea of when it is of course.

The set in stone scheduling was simply an idea being touted to be taken to the NEXT TV rights discussions which dont take place for a year or two I believe.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Whatever day it's on, you can expect a sh!t load of Saints fans to pack the ground. I'd be expecting a 50/50 split.