What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks V Eels - Get There

Southern Shark

Juniors
Toyota Stadium crowds are way down considering our equal first place on the ladder.

Granted the weather hasn't been kind but Sticky has tonight called for more bums on seats for the rest of the year. Our 9000 or so crowds on the last two occasions is not a good indication for our future. Hopefully things change next Sunday for the 3pm afternoon clash.

Last edited:

Vossy

Bench
I WILL BE THERE!...

carn people get to the game!

2h73o1u.jpg

Last edited:

Sage

Juniors
Great idea for a thread.
I will be there with bells on, I will urge others to GET THERE!

In the colours!

U.K SHARK

Juniors
What f*ck is going on with the crowds? Fair enough over the last few seasons, but this year we are travelling well! If i werent over here I'd be at every game... where has everyone gone?

warren

Juniors
welll the weather has been terrible for the past few games.
i was there tonight, and it was fareeeezing. and plus warriors vs sharks screams borefest to me. i guess they're pretty good reasons for low crowds.

but yes i will be there for the parra game. you would think it would pull a decent crowd.

U.K SHARK

Juniors
At the risk of sounding like a Pom, Aussies should harden the f*ck up.

After watching Australia v GB at Hull back in 2005 when it was -4c, I'll never complain about it being cold at shark park ever again!

McLovin

Staff member
Hope it's a nice sunny 20 next Sunday. Anything below a 17k turnout is an outrage...

Ausguy

Coach
im not worried about the crowd last night, i was there and not suprised to see a small crowd.
9023 wasnt it.... well 9000 of them were sharks fans and completely not suprsied to get such a small crowd on a freezing night agaisnt a team with the lowest supporter base in australia, its not all doom and gloom, RS the crowds will come at the end of the year if we stay in the top 4, sharsk fans are very fickle and we have been trained well that at this time of the year its not time to go to the games as we love to fail right about now... you concentrate on the footy ricky and we will turn up if we are impressed enough. simple.

Miller Lite

Juniors
...sharsk fans are very fickle and we have been trained well that at this time of the year its not time to go to the games as we love to fail right about now... you concentrate on the footy ricky and we will turn up if we are impressed enough. simple.

Before, I begin my tirade against this statement, please clarify if that's tongue in cheek, Ausguy.

There is no excuse not going to a home match, if you live in sydney you get, so it was a little cold last night, where your jerssy, when i lived in sydney i went each week, rain or cold, your jersey should keep you warm enough, get to the game

Ausguy

Coach
... im there every week, everyone loves a winner... looking forward to a top 4 finish... the home semi will be a packed house...however lots of work to get to that still to be done. 4 more wins gets us a finals game woopee, an improvement on previous years yes, but a top 4 finish is what i want...a bye still in hand and the manly game will be vital.

i did think it was funny though how RS mentioned the fans and how they are not supporting the team as much as he'd like... especially after the presentation/sponsor function issue of a few weeks ago.

jc155776

Coach
People not getting there because of the weather is piss poor really. The club is in the sh*tter at the moment financially and the same people spewing when the team folds will be the same that sat home each week only watching on TV.

Ausguy

Coach
People not getting there because of the weather is piss poor really. The club is in the sh*tter at the moment financially and the same people spewing when the team folds will be the same that sat home each week only watching on TV.

Thats true.

The club is facing many issues that are working against it, economical issues, taxes etc as well as the fact that fox is allowing people to sit at home on the cold nights and watch it, its a tough market and only drastic changes will improve the crowds.

No point making a thread in here about GETTING THERE cos the people in here are the ones that go anyway.... and the ones that cant still would love to but live far away

Miller Lite

Juniors
...the people in here are the ones that go anyway.... and the ones that cant still would love to but live far away

Really??.

I actually wonder how many sydney based members (that could've gone) went to the game. I bet it wasn't all of us.

9000 on a saturday night when we are equal first is a fkn joke. As Sticky said "Sure, it was cold but we play a winter sport"

Latest posts