What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun does WWE.....2006!

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
61RW79MS0ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

RESULTS

Dark Match -
Goldust def Snitsky in what some may call an upset. Goldust brought back the robe, wig and even shattered dreams. A rejuvenated Goldust withheld an early on-slought from the monsterus Snitsky, however in the end, experience proved to be the deciding factor, shattered dreams for the win.

MAIN CARD:
The card opened with the 6-man over the top rope for the destiny of EC. It started in a bizarre manner in which HHH eliminated himself, walking up the aislie shaking his head. Next to be eliminated was none other than the champion Edge by the hands of Carlito and Masters. They then tossed Flair over the top but hung on. Masters/Carlito worked seemlessly as a team providing a beat down to Cena, in typical fashion though, Cena comes back. First elminating Carlito, and then an F-U over the top rope on Masters who lands on Carlito. Flair then tosses Cena out unawares. Your winner - Ric Flair

Triple H is in the back with Maria, who barely gets two words of her interview out before Hunter grabs the microphone and looks into the camera, with a sinister look. He vows to win the championship from whenever he comes out and that he saved himself for the EC match. He then declares that he will find out whoever hit Steph and get his revenge. Someone played the game, and someone will lose to the game.

Gregory Helms Vs Jerry Lawler
This was a fairly shorter match, more of a filler. The crowd really got behind the King. He got a couple of decent pops whenever he knocked Helms off his feet, however he was no match for the younger, much quicker Helms who quickly disposed of Lawler, your winner- Gregory Helms

This time in the back, we get a peek of Carlito and Chris Masters who are making a pact of working together. They seem at ease they didn't win the battle royal. They shake hands after declaring that they will be the last two remaining. That's cool.

Chavo Guerrero V Val Venis
A typical job by Venis, however it did provide to be a faster match. The crowd did get into this, it looked at one point that Venis had Chavo done for, Chavo laid out, Venis was on the top rope, Chavo moved and Venis hit the mat! Chavo then hits the 3 suplexes and a very Eddie like frog splash for the 1-2-3

In the back, another alliance is being thought of, Mickey James is trying to make one with Trish Stratus. Trish, confused, tells her to leave her alone, Mickey then strokes Trish's hair, puts her finger on Trishs lips and shush's her. Re-assuring Trish that she will be okay, gets up and leaves. Trish just looks confused

Shelton Benjamin Vs Viscera for the IC Title
Big V manhandles Benjamin for the most part, to the displeasure of Sheltons Momma. It appeared that we would have a new IC Champ, until Vis spots Benjamins Momma, goes to check her out, turns around to a massive kick from Shelton with a hurrendous slapping noise. Shelton covers Vis for the 3 count.

Ric Flair comes out, with a strut in his step. Cuts a quick promo, re-asserting his belief that he has one more run as world champion in him, and he has a great feeling about tonight, wooo. Predictably, he chooses that he will be released last from his pod.

Kane and the Big Show(c) Vs Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch for the Tag Titles
A good back and forth match up, Show looked impressive, however quick tags between the challengers saw them get the upper hand. Continuous quick tags keeping Show isolated as the legal man. Show finally makes the tag, Kane gives them both a big boot, sidewalk slams. Cade and Murdoch take a bit of a beating for a while, until they gain the upperhand again, further quick tags this time isolating Kane. He finally makes the tag, Show then starts to dominate. Show and Kane choke slam Murdoch and Cade at the same time. A successful title defense.

Edge is shown now in the back with Lita, looking incredibly relaxed ahead of his defence. He keeps staring at the title. Lita close and rubbing his arm. Edge says Cena gets his challenge he wants but the odds are up against him. The rated R superstar laughs off that Cena will most likely be done early as Masters/Carlito will want revenge from the battle royal, Triple H has gone crazy, leaving him with the old man Flair. Edge tells Lita to get ready for one hell of a party tonight, sparks will fly.

Mickie James(c) Vs Trish Stratus Vs Victoria For the Womens Title
A very well worked triple threat match. Probably one of the better womens matches in recent history. Typically, Trish and Victoria worked together on the champion. As the match progressed, each woman spent time on the outside, leaving the other two in. Trish hit the Stratusfaction on Victoria, only for Micke to roll in, and pushes Trish out the ring, covering Victoria for the pinfall. As she celebrates, she spots trish watching on with anger, Mickey blows a kiss her way and Trish storms up the ramp.

For the last promo, we're backstage with a very serious looking John Cena. Cena says the people pay to see a real champion, people pay to see someone with respect, someone willing to hustle. Cena says the gloves are off, Cena says he doesn't care how many people he has to get through to get to Edge, he will get his hands on him. Cena vows to the people that he will reclaim his title, no matter the odds.

WWE Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Edge(c) Vs Carlito Vs Chris Masters Vs John Cena Vs Ric Flair Vs Triple H

The match stared with Carlito and Cena. They worked the ring quite well, Cena also sent busts Carlito open on the cage. Both men are in the ring, Cena with the upper hand when the 3 participant - Masters gets released. True to their word, they worked together to ensure another beat down on Cena. The beat down only stopped once while Cena made a bit of a comeback but the numbers game proved the difference when Carlito hit Cena with a lowblow. Masters has Cena in the Masterlock when Edge gets released. Masters drops Cena who falls to the floor. Carlito and Masters eye Edge. Edge tries to join their alliance with Masters and Carlito. The 3 staredown, Cena in the meantime, slowly gets to hit feet unnoticed, hits Carlito with an F-U before Masters and Edge pounce on him. The three heels pound on Cena, until Triple H is released. Spine busters on all three. Clothesline to all three. Pedigrees to all three. Triple H eliminates Masters and Carlito in quick succession. Throws Edge through a pod, busting him wide open. Hunter gets back in the ring, slowly looking around at the carnage he's caused. Cena rolls Triple H up and eliminates him! Triple H, not even being hit in the match was now eliminated. He gets up, and pedigrees Cena, not one, not twice but three times. Flair is now released from his pod, only to be greeted by a pedigree from the departed HHH. 3 left, Cena, Edge, Flair. Edge slowly crawls to Flair, pins him for the three-count. Edge then crawls to bloody beaten Cena, pins him, Cena kicks out at the 2 much to the disbelief of the fans and Edge. Edge sets up for a spear, Cena still kicks out. Edge pulls some of his hair out. Another spear to Cena. Edge retains the WWE Championship

The PPV closes, as the chamber is lifted, Cena a bloody mess in the middle of the ring, Edge another bloody mess, needing help from Lita to get him up the ramp.

PPV Results
Goldust def Snitsky (dark match)
Ric Flair def Triple H, Chris Master, Carlito, John Cena and Edge in an over the top rope battle royal
Gregory Helms def Jerry 'The King' Lawler
Chavo Guerrero def Val Venis
Shelton Benjamin def Viscera to retain the Intercontinental Championship
Kane and the Big Show def Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch to retain the Tag Team Titles
Mickie James def Victoria and Trish Straus to retain the Tag Team Titles
Edge def Chris Masters, Carlito, Triple H, Ric Flair and John Cena to retain the WWE title

Big Pete

Referee
Thoughts on the show...

Happy to see Goldust pick up the win over Snitsky.

The opener sounds like something that would have been better left to Raw but the show was so light on marquee matches that they probably had to stretch the match out. Like the build through out the night, that's how you do it.

Lawler always knows how to work a crowd and while the victory doesn't do a whole lot for Helms, it's a start.

Bleh, Chavo v Venis. Look, glad that Chavo is finally getting a push but it's clear that this is being done in response to Eddie's death. If they're going to go down that route, I'd rather they give him a stronger opponent than Val freakin' Venis.

Oh god Momma Benjamin. Poor Shelton, what did he do to deserve this?

Tag match was pretty solid. Show/Kane is a hand in glove tag team, I just hope the WWE books somebody who can realistically take it to them.

Liking the build between Mickie & Trish. One of the better women's matches.

EC match was strange. They did a fair job of protecting Cena, but jesus christ, HHH buried about 3 guys in one match. Edge retaining was the right decision but gee, poor Masters/Carlito.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Thoughts on the show...

Happy to see Goldust pick up the win over Snitsky.

The opener sounds like something that would have been better left to Raw but the show was so light on marquee matches that they probably had to stretch the match out. Like the build through out the night, that's how you do it.

Lawler always knows how to work a crowd and while the victory doesn't do a whole lot for Helms, it's a start.

Bleh, Chavo v Venis. Look, glad that Chavo is finally getting a push but it's clear that this is being done in response to Eddie's death. If they're going to go down that route, I'd rather they give him a stronger opponent than Val freakin' Venis.

Oh god Momma Benjamin. Poor Shelton, what did he do to deserve this?

Tag match was pretty solid. Show/Kane is a hand in glove tag team, I just hope the WWE books somebody who can realistically take it to them.

Liking the build between Mickie & Trish. One of the better women's matches.

EC match was strange. They did a fair job of protecting Cena, but jesus christ, HHH buried about 3 guys in one match. Edge retaining was the right decision but gee, poor Masters/Carlito.

Thanks for the feedback.

Personally, I wasn't too happy with the first half of the card.
The Dark Match was alright, but with 6 guys in the ME, the undercard was well underdone.

It also hasn't helped that I havn't started writing RAW yet (will do post Rumble), so the 'filler' matches (as I call them) like the Helms/King and Chavo/Venis matches really did look out of place.

I felt the Tag match was a natural fit, gets the titles on the PPV, and Cade/Murdoch was the obvious choice of challenger.

Which leaves me with my 3 favourite aspects of the PPV - The buildup to the ME (including the Battle Royal, but more so the promos), the Womens title and the EC. It actually made me happy with you've said it was strange, unintentional but it probably works out better. Especially as Cena didn't win, he didnt look weak, Triple H - Whats going to happen with him!!, Edge as champ - great stuff. The fundementals of a storyline involving but not limited to Carlito/Masters has been put in place. The only one, I felt really lost out was Flair, which was kind of offset by winning the battle royal - But don't worry. A plan is in place.

Just a question Pete, the style of writing matches, is that acceptable? I'm thinking when I properly write the shows (rather than a summary) to summarize the matches this way, but do the promos properly. I tend to find as a reader, I only read the promos and skim the matches to find the results.