What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson's Match Winner

Vic Mackey

Referee
Clearly runs behind Simon Mannering in the movement. Shouldn't have been awarded. Didn't gain an advantage but it's illegal.

I said after the tigers match winner against Canberra was taken off Brooks we'll see it happen 50 times this year and it won't get pulled up once. Referees again picking and choosing when to pull something up.

Jaegerex

Juniors
I heartily agree, mentioned in the match thread it reminded me of a tigers game. Both should of been tries and there was plenty of classic shepard, if a player does it they take the tackle etc at the time.

Charlie124

First Grade
Clearly runs behind Simon Mannering in the movement. Shouldn't have been awarded. Didn't gain an advantage but it's illegal.

I said after the tigers match winner against Canberra was taken off Brooks we'll see it happen 50 times this year and it won't get pulled up once. Referees again picking and choosing when to pull something up.

Isnt it only illegal if you do gain an advantage? Players run behind their own players all the time, its not an automatic penalty.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Isnt it only illegal if you do gain an advantage? Players run behind their own players all the time, its not an automatic penalty.

No, the second you run behind a player it's illegal. Advantage or no advantage. That's what was said after the tigers no try anyway.

RWB

Bench
Yeh righto, 20 obstruction penalties a game from here on out then...

adamkungl

Immortal

I said the same thing. Everyone disagreed with me and said its a shepard any day of the week. Bullshit.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade

Consistency is what's needed. Farah ran an obvious shepherd, but I understand your complaint. Most fans would just be happy if refs ruled the same laws game to game, even if they disagree with the interpretation.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Yup and that when players do run behind they surrender so they don't give a penalty. Was a poor ruling weeks ago and tonight just highlighted it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Consistency is what's needed. Farah ran an obvious shepherd, but I understand your complaint. Most fans would just be happy if refs ruled the same laws game to game, even if they disagree with the interpretation.

Obvious Shepard? He was 10ms from the defensive line and kicked the ball 1m after jogging behind Keith Galloway. No one was going to tackle him.

I said at the time i was fine with them penalizing it if they're consistent. But they clearly haven't been. If Shaun Johnson doesn't run inside (behind) Mannering he doesn't score. Don't know how much more of an advantage you can get.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Obvious Shepard? He was 10ms from the defensive line and kicked the ball 1m after jogging behind Keith Galloway. No one was going to tackle him.

I said at the time i was fine with them penalizing it if they're consistent. But they clearly haven't been. If Shaun Johnson doesn't run inside (behind) Mannering he doesn't score. Don't know how much more of an advantage you can get.

It was a classic shepherd dude. Outside of that I'm agreeing with you, consistency is all that's needed.

Edit: He wasn't 10 out either, 4 or 5mtrs max from the try line.

fowlster

Juniors

Which is it Vic?