What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun you f@#kwit

Meth

Staff member
"I'm here for the money and I don't really care where we finish on the ladder"

That'd play better

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Agree, decent chance at Cronulla, minimal with us - and at Cronulla it's not all on him, but the media won't be so friendly...
Well if he does stupid stuff like piss in his mouth, fake root a dog, they will be there.

No off field drama previously, that I can recall.

But realistically has gone from big fish, small pond, to big fish, huge pond.

When they have finished hating on Dugan, Fifita and in QLD Gallen, they might chase the kiwi.

As for Media, how much pressure will be on Kearney, after you are 2 and 8 or 0-10 after 10 rounds?

This jumped out at me:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...rrior-shaun-johnson-knocked-back-the-roosters
""I know deep down that I gave it a crack," Johnson said. "Regardless of what the CEO says, who has been there a year or two, it dates back a lot longer than me.

"I've been there eight years and had six coaches. So the sixth coach didn't like me. So what? You know what I mean? I rode the tough time, I gave it a crack. I tried to keep fans engaged in their seats, I tried to play a style of footy that was going to get kids excited every week."

That petulance sneaking out again, and hint of an issue with Kearney?

Cannot be more clearer.

Shaun does not believe in the 'process', like many workers, has no problem with his fellow workers, just management, which he quite rightly points out, changes quite often, they love a scapegoat.

Many goats have been slaughtered. Voodoo not working.

Kearney lost one player in the dressing room, how long before full revolt?

In ten years this will be known as the "potato revolt"

[dreamworld]Kearney sacked after 10 rounds, The Stacey takes over, Shaun gets homesick and comes home after winning with us, you ditch Kata, Hiku, and take the title in 2020. Shaun has two premierships, the kiwis beat the Manly dud lead Aussies for two years straight.[/dreamworld]

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Interesting that George seems to be simply implementing the coach's wishes and taking the stick for it

I can perfectly understand why Kearney has lost patience and perhaps interest in Johnson, but they should have been well aware he'd react this way, and while I'm not a big Johnson fan it certainly wasn't the time to let him go

Will watch the Sharks with interest

Rich102

Staff member
I think it was exactly the right time. The Warriors have drawn a line in the sand and may actually start to live up to their name. This "I'm not coming to training till I've had my six weeks break" b*shit shows what effort and leadership he was really putting in. When does he start training with the Sharks? Away from home he may finally grow up.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Early Jan, same with Gallen.

It is not like Shaun has ever looked like he ate too many Burgers.

Rich102

Staff member
No, agree Mr Angry.
But the Warriors asked him to attend training before the Christmas break, with extra time after the break, and he said no. Not what you would expect from a "leader".

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No, agree Mr Angry.
But the Warriors asked him to attend training before the Christmas break, with extra time after the break, and he said no. Not what you would expect from a "leader".
Yeah poor form.

I suspect the conversation that happened not long after last years exit, (as it would with every player and every coach)is the catalyst for all that followed. Some words just cannot be taken back, both sides.

I think this is where both player and coach realised they are not on the same page, perhaps even different books.

Turns down early training, CEO backs middle management, Warriors play hardball, parting of ways, signs elsewhere for less.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Any one heard from Kearney?

Coach is rather quiet.

Heard from CEO, Smiffy, player.....................

JJ

Immortal
I think it was exactly the right time. The Warriors have drawn a line in the sand and may actually start to live up to their name. This "I'm not coming to training till I've had my six weeks break" b*shit shows what effort and leadership he was really putting in. When does he start training with the Sharks? Away from home he may finally grow up.
Agree on that, just no replacement

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Well if he does stupid stuff like piss in his mouth, fake root a dog, they will be there.

No off field drama previously, that I can recall.

But realistically has gone from big fish, small pond, to big fish, huge pond.

When they have finished hating on Dugan, Fifita and in QLD Gallen, they might chase the kiwi.

As for Media, how much pressure will be on Kearney, after you are 2 and 8 or 0-10 after 10 rounds?

Cannot be more clearer.

Shaun does not believe in the 'process', like many workers, has no problem with his fellow workers, just management,
which he quite rightly points out, changes quite often, they love a scapegoat.

Many goats have been slaughtered. Voodoo not working.

Kearney lost one player in the dressing room, how long before full revolt?

In ten years this will be known as the "potato revolt"

[dreamworld]Kearney sacked after 10 rounds, The Stacey takes over, Shaun gets homesick and comes home after winning with us, you ditch Kata, Hiku, and take the title in 2020. Shaun has two premierships, the kiwis beat the Manly dud lead Aussies for two years straight.[/dreamworld]

Short memories some have got. Remember the SBW, Benji, JWH debacle year of the Kiwis when SK was first in charge, he took charge then they were gone. If I recall the Kiwis didn't do too bad with him in charge after that. Pretty damn good in fact.
Guess who was SBW's roommate at the time of all that? Slipped under the radar a bit that did at the time. Guess two people may not have forgotten and one didn't ever change...

Kearney will not lose this dressing room either

Ho hum. I really now couldn’t care less what Johnson says. He’s a former player. Time to move on.
Need something else to take the headlines, which will probably be a big signing or season kickoff before it disappears.

Hopefully it's not a Dylan Walker style headline to shift focus.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Need something else to take the headlines, which will probably be a big signing or season kickoff before it disappears.

Hopefully it's not a Dylan Walker style headline to shift focus.
I'd like to think and hope that we don't have any players at our club that would do a dogshit thing like walker did

Rich102

Staff member
How about Blake Green injured at training, needs full knee reconstruction?

Spoiler alert. This has not happened.......................yet.

Last edited:

MKEB...

Staff member
Didn't go because of the money...30 pieces of silver would suffice.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Latest posts