What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens: Semis once in 12 years!!!!!

Hiekka

Juniors
Was brought to my attention today that Tim Sheens has made the Semis only ONCE in the last 12 years!! Believe it or not.

I'd be amazed if anyone can come up with a first grade coach with a worse record over a similar period (even say 8 years).

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
If there ever was a protected species in this game.....

He WAS a great coach, but needs to change his philosophy.

T

Juniors
He does need to change his philosphy on the game and i think, he is now( farah apparently has a clause in his contract as captain that he can have a say in who we go after) by letting go of the smallish backrowers that we have persisted with over the years and going out and targeting props(cayless lima) as well as signing some and retaining big fast strong outside backs, a sucees formula to 2005 win ( Brown, tupou, tuiaki lawrence, ayshford tuquiri)

He does need to change his philosphy on the game and i think, he is now (farah apparently has a clause in his contract as captain that he can have a say in who we go after) by letting go of the smallish backrowers that we have persisted with over the years and going out and targeting props(cayless lima) as well as signing some and retaining big fast strong outside backs, a sucees formula to 2005 win ( Brown, tupou, tuiaki lawrence, ayshford tuquiri)

B*LLOCKS!!!

If that's true the Tigerpies are in big trouble.

beads6

First Grade
I don't rate Tim Sheens at all.. 2005 was a miracle Sheens had very little if any impact on the playing group.

youngun

Juniors
I don't rate Tim Sheens at all.. 2005 was a miracle Sheens had very little if any impact on the playing group.

"...very little if any impact on the playing group." Not sure if you watched the tigers much over the past few years but Sheens has everything to do with the playing group.

They play his style of game and he picks the team based on what he perceives the modern day team needs to be, mobile and ball playing forwards with a fast and slick backline.

The biggest problem that I see with the team as a die-hard fan that watches them is that they lack the go forward because they are looking for mobility in the forwards...imagine Farah and Marshall with some forward momentum and better field position.

beads6

First Grade
"...very little if any impact on the playing group." Not sure if you watched the tigers much over the past few years but Sheens has everything to do with the playing group.

They play his style of game and he picks the team based on what he perceives the modern day team needs to be, mobile and ball playing forwards with a fast and slick backline.

The biggest problem that I see with the team as a die-hard fan that watches them is that they lack the go forward because they are looking for mobility in the forwards...imagine Farah and Marshall with some forward momentum and better field position.

The year they won the premiership was much like the way Parra played this season. They just threw the ball around and played on the back of a few form players. The coaches have very little to do with it IMO. The coach may select the side but rarely do they make a player play well.

Charlie124

First Grade
:roll:

No other coach could have a record so poor yet never be questioned over it.

He's a koala bear.

61E5P0S1NCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

simon says

First Grade
I'm very happpy with Sheens as our coach and our progression as a team......if we pick up the signings mentioned we will be a dead set force next year.

On top of that he is the OZ coach,and we have the best plays in the comp and we won the comp with a dead set team of no names.

Very nice IMO.

nomarg

I hope he gets a contract extension this year- another 3 years please...

Yes we have been ordinary since 05- but last year was a good year- Finally he has learnt his recruitment SUCKS- and has changed that

gallagher

Juniors
Most of those 12 years he was building 2 new teams. That a tough ask for anyone especially with what he had left when lamb left the tigers.
I'd take his one premiership in 12 years rather than someone like B Smiths semi finals appearances just about every year for no result.

innsaneink

Referee
The year they won the premiership was much like the way Parra played this season. They just threw the ball around and played on the back of a few form players. The coaches have very little to do with it IMO. The coach may select the side but rarely do they make a player play well.
Quick ptb's were the norm in 05 and we used that to our full extent, high risk high movement exciting football is what got us the trophy....they changed the rules in about round 5 or 6 the following year allowing players to stifle,and wrestle in the ruck....hey, thats when melb started making GF's...fancy that.

1 out of 12...terrible.

Wests Tigers play our own game, its just the game we play isnt succesful in todays NRL...its flash and exciting but the results are NOT positive towards making the semis, let alone winning a premiership.

Ulysseus

Bench
Quick ptb's were the norm in 05 ...they changed the rules in about round 5 or 6 the following year allowing players to stifle,and wrestle in the ruck....hey, thats when melb started making GF's...fancy that.

LOL, that they did mate, that they did.
Wrestlemania began in 2006.

Latest posts