What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens: Semis once in 12 years!!!!!

Ulysseus

Bench
As for his record of once in 12 years, that sucks balls, but he did make it count when he got there.

beads6

First Grade
Sheens is a myth I tell you. He won a premiership with Canberra who had one of the best teams you could imagine and won a premiership with the Tigers which was a Miracle that should never have happened.

Tom Shines

First Grade
They are some pretty big myths in rugby league — But Teflon Tim is the biggest of them all.

philgood

Juniors
Any coach who plays John Morris in the halves for 2.5 years is a disgrace.

Any coach who breaks up a halves combination (Moltzen/Marshall) after 6 straight wins is a joke.

Any coach who continues to play players out of their normal position is plain DUMB

The sooner he leaves, the better it will be for the tigers. Royce Simmons can follow him out the door too.

Last edited:
Sheens is a myth I tell you. He won a premiership with Canberra who had one of the best teams you could imagine and won a premiership with the Tigers which was a Miracle that should never have happened.

i dont think it was a miracle
look at the players we lost over the years

it was never gonna be easy to replace Prince,Laffranchi,Skandalis,Oneil and patty richards

badav

Bench
But 2005 more than makes up for the 11 other years!

A week is a long time in Rugby League

4 years is a lifetime.

It doesnt matter if he won a comp with a team of nobody's. If you follow that up with 4 years of failure, questions should be asked, and rightfully so.

But its obvious the Tigers as a club are too scared to ask those questions, given what happened to Scott Longmuir.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't think he had much to do with 2005 at all, it was a momentum and high risk premiership win.
Not surprisingly after that style was stiffled in 2006, the Tigers struggled and Sheens still hasn't got the point.

12 years and one premiership is still pretty decent but that's what has earned the Tigers their fluke premiership title.
If they want to be considered a decent powerhouse then they should be contesting more finals series.

Some of Sheen's choices in the starting line up are baffling, especially John Morris.
I think he might be a little bit senile....

I don't think he had much to do with 2005 at all, it was a momentum and high risk premiership win.
Not surprisingly after that style was stiffled in 2006, the Tigers struggled and Sheens still hasn't got the point.

12 years and one premiership is still pretty decent but that's what has earned the Tigers their fluke premiership title.
If they want to be considered a decent powerhouse then they should be contesting more finals series.

Some of Sheen's choices in the starting line up are baffling, especially John Morris.
I think he might be a little bit senile....

are you saying most the set plays he did that year are only spare of the moment type things :lol:
we still score of some of those plays today

Blaze

Juniors
Marshall has a clause in his contract saying he can be released if Sheens is sacked... Farrah may have the same clause. That might have something to do with it

ozjet1

even with the 2005 premiership, no other coach in any other pro-sport in the world would last at a club with the record Sheens has. nowhere.

if the Tigers were half a competitive team, they'd be one of, if not the biggest, club in Sydney. They'd be a giant. How the execs at Wests havent realised this? it's just another example of old football head running an NRL club and simply being content with the status quo rather than striving to be better.

innsaneink

Referee
even with the 2005 premiership, no other coach in any other pro-sport in the world would last at a club with the record Sheens has. nowhere.

if the Tigers were half a competitive team, they'd be one of, if not the biggest, club in Sydney. They'd be a giant. How the execs at Wests havent realised this? it's just another example of old football head running an NRL club and simply being content with the status quo rather than striving to be better.
Youre right, we are a sleeping giant. You go anywhere, gosford, Nth Coast NSW...inland...there WTs stuff everywhere...we need people like Searle & Bellamy, switched on people with a clue, hopefully Humphries can take us several steps forward, cause we were treading water and now slowly going backwards.

gregstar

Referee
well he's certainly got the goods on whoever is supposedly in charge of the joint.

not even jack gibson would last with that record.

it's pretty obvious teflon has secured footage of the board, gerbils, vinegar, a crucifix and a poster of j-mo.

Chook Norris

First Grade
one thing i'm really confused about.. why did the rules change in 2006 to allow wrestling? did the NRL hate the Tigers' entertaining style of play?.. and who the hell allowed the implementation of wrestling?

and why the f**k is Tom Shines Oz Coach when he's only made the finals once in 12 years..

why? why? why? :|

I don't think Sheens is a bad coach at all. However I think his methods and plays are outdated, and he doesn't offer the club much anymore. Our attack is similar to what it was in 2005, but now, other teams have a better idea to work out what's coming and they've developed ways to defend it. We haven't evolved our game enough to keep up. With the play the balls a bit quicker it starts to swing back a bit in our direction, but we need to evolve our game and go to a new level to play semi finals again. Whether Sheens is the man to do that or not, I don't know, but I am really doubting it.