What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2020/21

Bazal

Post Whore
I get Paine but Wade is demonstrably an awful keeper

And while people talk about blokes line Head having an inflated average, I'd argue Nevill has a "deflated" Test average if that's a thing?

Like he came in to a side that sucked, he had to try and save most of his early innings in Sri Lanka from a near unsalvageable position, he was there for the Hobart debacle from memory.

He's not a superstar but he's certainly a better cricketer than Wade

JJ

Immortal
And while people talk about blokes line Head having an inflated average, I'd argue Nevill has a "deflated" Test average if that's a thing?

Like he came in to a side that sucked, he had to try and save most of his early innings in Sri Lanka from a near unsalvageable position, he was there for the Hobart debacle from memory.

He's not a superstar but he's certainly a better cricketer than Wade
Unless they’re Gilchrist, Sangakarra or Flower, keepers don’t need to be a superstar, right? Nevill will probably believe he should have done better, and he probably should have, but was a f**ked decision to sacrifice him tbh

TheParraboy

Staff member
15th Shield match:

Victoria sent Tassie in

Tas 8/172

Jackson Bird captain, Paine not playing, injured?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Green on his way to another double ton... deadset how good is this kid, i hope he can translate it to the Big Stage

Starc 0/91 - 21 overs

Considering his dads passing recently, and no tests for another 9 months. Might have been best if he had some extended time off. Then again for some its better to be busy and doing things you enjoy

mate I completely agree. Is there anything to be gained by him playing given the circumstances...?

But maybe that’s what he would prefer to do in getting back to some kind of “normality”??

People deal with their grief in different ways and who knows how this has really affected him. No doubt it’s impacted on his form though.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Id be happy if Green ditches his bowling (like Smith did) moves to 5 in the order

and destroys all comers with the bat.

Our middle order is our weakness, hopefully Green is the answer

Someone (though not him specifically) like Abbot who can score runs but is a better bowler can bat at 7. Carey or Paine at 6

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Good to see Kurtis Patterson in amongst the runs, we need them

SA 8/482 dec.
Blues 4/147
Kutis 75*

The_Frog

First Grade
NSW still over 100 short of avoiding the follow on, which I doubt would be enforced anyway. Abbott needs to stay with the captain.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Id be happy if Green ditches his bowling (like Smith did) moves to 5 in the order

and destroys all comers with the bat.

Our middle order is our weakness, hopefully Green is the answer

Someone (though not him specifically) like Abbot who can score runs but is a better bowler can bat at 7. Carey or Paine at 6
Yeah nah

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Green bowls 145 ks without much effort, I think he is going to be quiet a useful bowler

Bazal

Post Whore
Definitely a useful option. But I'd also be happy to see him concentrate on his batting at the moment.

Bat five, if we need a handful of overs they're there for us but if we don't he isn't used. Find his feet in Test cricket as a batsman and then think about his bowling. He pretty much averages 10 overs an innings in Shield cricket so it's not like he's bowling bucket loads anyway (granted there has been injury in that time).

The_Frog

First Grade
Can't help thinking that given their position in the competition, SA batted too long in the first innings. It cost them victory in the previous match and might well do so again. As things stand they'll be trying to bowl NSW out in 2 sessions or so.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Green will be a useful option to bowl a few overs to take the workload off the main bowlers. He looks like a batsman who can bowl a bit rather than an allrounder

Latest posts