What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sherwin > Newcastle rumours

0neye

Roger Dodger,he's to old & slow he has to go =_+

brent_sherwin.jpg

Nickname Shifty
Position Halfback
Playing Status Available

Contract 2008
Height 175cm (5ft 9")
Weight 86kg (189lbs)
DOB 20th Mar 1978
Origin Greenacre, NSW, Australia
Debut Vs Western Suburbs - 1st May 1999
Dog Years (11) 1997 , 1998 , 1999 , 2000 , 2001 , 2002 , 2003 , 2004 , 2005 , 2006 , 2007
Rep Caps
Other Clubs
Junior Club St Christophers, Panania

Game_Breaker

Coach
I got no, idea about Sherwin.

But the report about him returning against the Eels this week was written by Cameron Phelps brother

The Colonel

Immortal
0neye said:
Roger Dodger,he's to old & slow he has to go =_+

brent_sherwin.jpg

Nickname Shifty
Position Halfback
Playing Status Available

Contract 2008
Height 175cm (5ft 9")
Weight 86kg (189lbs)
DOB 20th Mar 1978
Origin Greenacre, NSW, Australia
Debut Vs Western Suburbs - 1st May 1999
Dog Years (11) 1997 , 1998 , 1999 , 2000 , 2001 , 2002 , 2003 , 2004 , 2005 , 2006 , 2007
Rep Caps
Other Clubs
Junior Club St Christophers, Panania

Didn't realise he was quite that old. Does look about grey around the edges as well. Still, a very good halfback on his day.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
Brian Smith won't die wondering with Sherwin, he's a massive fan of his who tried to get him at Parra back in 03 I think and the offer was healthy enough for Canterbury to throw a 5 year deal to the value of 500K per season at him..

when Smith likes someone he'll try and sign him until the player retires.

Didn't we find out the hard way with Corey Pearson, Herron, Quinn etc:lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Didn't we find out the hard way with Corey Pearson, Herron, Quinn etc:lol:

not sure about Quinn but definitely Pearson and Herron were Smithy handpicks.

shifty should have been in FG by round 2, or round 3 the latest

Utai dosent look like he will be returning soon, when i saw him in PL utai looked lazy, bad under the high ball, and dropped the ball a few times.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
not sure about Quinn but definitely Pearson and Herron were Smithy handpicks.

Well Kusto also was pretty much retired as well due to lack of interest:lol:

Quinn was about 29-30 when he played for us.

C.P

Juniors
eelavation said:
Brian Smith won't die wondering with Sherwin, he's a massive fan of his who tried to get him at Parra back in 03 I think and the offer was healthy enough for Canterbury to throw a 5 year deal to the value of 500K per season at him..

500K eely???????
In what, Thai Baht? :p

Dont have an exact fix but from memory I think you'll find the figure was closer to 300K. He was playing out of his skin at the time but was still only re-signed by the club once Travis Norton and Willie Talau signed elsewhere that year.

He's still playing well though, i've seen a bit of him play this year v Penrith and v Manly and although a bit heavier he was dominant in what I saw. Put up a great pinpoint kick for Cameron Phelps to score in the corner in PL v Manly last week. Im not really sure where Folkesy is going with it but plenty of talk around him moving.

Utai on the other hand is in no mans land. As Jimmy said he looked chunky (even for him), lazy and ineffectual in what I saw of him in PL last week v Manly. In his case though his confidence may be well down from languishing in PL and watching his contract value sink by the week. But then again that may the ploy the Dogs are using to try and sign him at a lower price, they can afford to do it considering how unexpectedly well Cutler is playing in FG

i think sherwin is on 250k a season, although nobody really knows how much the players earn, i think the dogs will not keep hughes and perry, it makes sense because there are rumours that craig wing will join the dogs in 2008, i doubt it though.