What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shit Crowd

Couldn't make it due to family stuff being on, but I have a season ticket. Will be at the Stains game with unmerged t-shirt. Sometimes you try but cant get out family gatherings, especially when you're a grandad.

fizzgig

Juniors
Coming up from Canberra next wekeend and wanted to sit with some friends (Dragons+Sharks fans) and already we can only get concourse tickets for alloacted seating together.

ET stand - always sold out
PB Stand - sold out
Southern stand - only one seat at a time available
Concourse - we ended up in a corner section if we wanted to get 5 people grouped together

It better be a sellout (expected) or we have some issues with how we get people to the ground!

Fiz

webShark

Filthy hot day, can't blame people for not wanting to stand looking into that heat.

Well I can. I went and survived and enjoyed seeing the boys get up. Our crowd whinges whether it is hot,cold,dry,raining, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Perhaps another area would value us more. Can you imagine the excuses if we re-located to Perth. Couldn't watch on TV as too early.

No doubt Easter will be blamed for having fans away. I cant think of a better time and we should sell out and I mean 22k+. Do we REALLY want a team in Cronulla? Turn up you Merkins. I thought it was a good touch that Wade and Ben verbally thanked the funs for coming whilst on the victory lap.

On top of all that we should actually beat the scum.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Wouldn't blame anyone for not taking the kids to the footy in that heat.....beach would have been a far better option. Actually considered heading into the club at half-time. Hardly saw a bro in the crowd either. Was a stack of empty seats around us in the pb stand that were full last week. Guessing plenty of members took the more comfortable option of watching it at home or at the pub/club and going on my sunburn today I'd say it was a wise move. Full house for the merge next week is a must.....last home game for 6 weeks.

carcharias

Immortal
Well my two mates who come with me to footy
are both away next weekend .
Easter - local derby .
Is another kick to our balls from the NRL.

newman

First Grade
Cronulla Junior league played trials on SUNDAY this year for whatever reason.

Averaging 15k against 2 out of town teams is fantastic.

taipan

Referee
I went ,it was still bleeding hot in the shady ET stand,and like an oven outside.
Crap timeslot 2pm, and beach weather, end of story.Surprised they got over 10,000. 30degrees.Play it at 6-30 or 7-30pm 15-16,000 easy.
Also easter show on (not during school hols) and know a few who went sunday.
Have a look at the weekend day crowds,says something in this weather.
Monday nights and 2pm timeslots are crowd killers regardless.

carcharias

Immortal
My seat in the southern stand was in the shade thank Christ!
It made it by about 3 cm at kick off.

Don't worry it will be raining sideways again soon enough.

spider

Coach
Well my two mates who come with me to footy
are both away next weekend .
Easter - local derby .
Is another kick to our balls from the NRL.

I'm the opposite - and no kids for this one.

Footy, beers and f**king carnage will be on the menu.

agreed.

So anyway the game is looking a "sell out" on ticketek. ET stand is allocation exhaused. PB stand is close to that and so is southern stand.

my question is this, how many tickets are designated for sponsors and the like that dont actually get used?

spider

Coach
Don't forget you can purchase season seating in the PB, which also adds to it selling out each game

webShark

Maybe it was too hot.

So here's the thing , when I went to buy my ticket, ticketek had basically every seat sold.
Couldn't buy on I. The burns stand or mid concourse.

So what's the go?

No idea. Absolutely ridiculous. Same thing against the Titans. Then virtually entire block in PB empty. Says single seat for Dragons game only. Personally dont believe it.

At Titans we ended up in the away bay. There were about 10 titan fans and heaps of free seats.

Another small bone to pick. On the Saturday before Titans we went to the club at 4.15 to buy tickets. Ticketek shut and cant even buy GA ticket on the main desk. So with the club in crisis, cash strapped and leaderless, you couldnt even buy a ticket from the club at 4.15 the day before.

stevie013

Juniors
No idea. Absolutely ridiculous. Same thing against the Titans. Then virtually entire block in PB empty. Says single seat for Dragons game only. Personally dont believe it.

At Titans we ended up in the away bay. There were about 10 titan fans and heaps of free seats.

Another small bone to pick. On the Saturday before Titans we went to the club at 4.15 to buy tickets. Ticketek shut and cant even buy GA ticket on the main desk. So with the club in crisis, cash strapped and leaderless, you couldnt even buy a ticket from the club at 4.15 the day before.

Buy a season ticket, otherwise, stop sooking.

Latest posts