What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shontayne Hape should go into NZ side

Special K

Coach
Vagana should have not played this year till round 18. But he came back early as he felt bad for the club paying him so much. His shoulder was still messed up. The dogs knew it. They ran at him close to the line and scored every time. Next season we should see Nige at his best with a full off season.

Iafeta I know Anderson can tackle. But he didn't know what to do standing where he was when the aussies were running numbers at him. He stood still and this made Vagana have to run in and thats where the trouble was. Once Nigel moved into 6 Australia didn't score again.

vbfg

Juniors
Evil Homer said:
Robbie Paul should be nowhere near the Bradford side,let alone New Zealand's!

The only player I've seen to attempt to pass but just drop it to the floor,then when trying to pick it again kick it 30 yards backwards and pass it into touch.

You didn't notice he tackled his heart out and set up two tries then? He's had a poor season but then he is no hooker and he can't really pass from the floor with any pace or accuracy. Until his mid-season injury last year he was Bradford's best player of the season.

ali

Bench
Every time I've seen Hape play this year he's been brilliant. He made Chris McKenna look like an absolute fool when he ran past him for the first 2 trys in the preliminary final. He's the most inform centre NZ have, and after him I'd rate Lolesi. But I'm not sure how fit Lolesi is?

Hape must be in the team.

bartman

Immortal
Fair enough, Tony is now not an option. Both Andersons should stay in then, by my reckoning.

I think Vagana at five-eighth has been tried before, and I wasn't sold. Still reckon Hape should come into the centres at the expense of someone... he is class and in top form, and top club combo with Vainikolo.

My Team for this game would of been (assuming ali, motu unavailbble

1.webb
2.Volcano
3. Hape
4. Vagana
5. lolesi
6. V Anderson
7. Thomas L
8. J Cayless
9. L Anderson
10. Rauhihi
11. Wiki
12. Sonny Bill
13. Kidwell

14. Asotasi
15. R Paul
16. Halatau
17. N Cayless

Kris_man

Bench
my NZ team:

1. Webb
2. Vainikolo
3. Lolesi
4. Hape
5. Meli
6. Reni Maitua
7. Thomas L
8. J Cayless
9. L Anderson
10. Rauhihi
11. Wiki
12. Kidwell
13. Sonny Bill

14. Paul
15. Asotasi
16. Chan
17. V Anderson

as much as i like Vagana, the other two centres have just been too good. i have no idea how Whatuira gets in there ahead of all of them #-o