What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Shop window": obscure players who are boosting their career this RLWC

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
One of the great things about the World Cup is it gives lesser known and obscure players a chance to strut their stuff in the spotlight against the best in the world. Such auditions often lead to contracts and careers .Who do you think has come from nowhere and impressed enough to earn a start with your club?

(I don't know the complete contract status of the players I'm listing so I'm making assumptions here) For me:

Kyle Evans, Wales
Super fast winger with good instinct & skills, and good enough defensively to smash Talakai.

Mikael Goudemand, France
I was impressed with his hard ball running and subtle skill off the bench against Greece, and he was even better starting the game against England. Looks a very decent edge backrower

Nick Mougios, Greece
Genius bit of work to score that brilliant try of course. But he's a big body centre which are always handy.

Jacob Alick, PNG
A lock, with a different body shape to the typical Kumul forward (he's tall and rangy). Topped the tackle count against Tonga and aside from Ipape topped the running metres as well. I know he signed with the Titans but not sure how long for

England87

Juniors
I would be shocked if Evans isn't in a Super League squad next year. He would be cheap as chips.

Campagnolo for Italy looks the goods. I think he is in a NRL system now.

Tony G for France is off contract and can cover 1,6,9,14 at a pinch. I would like to see him at a big english club again or have a crack at Queensland cup but I think he will go back to Avignon.

gUt

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised to see Edwin Ipape in an NRL squad some time in the near future. Currently playing for Leigh, and has looked really good for PNG so far.

Victoire

Juniors
I feel like Louis Senior from Ireland would do well in NRL. Big tall winger with speed and a bit of footy nous. The Rabbitohs used some spuds on the right wing this year and he'd be a massive improvement

Latest posts