What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shortened season like NFL? Also possible finals system

goboggo

Juniors
There are flaws in both systems which is why my 2 conference top 4 system should be implemented immediately :D

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
sherrinator said:
New Zealand has a poor currency and a prime minister that's uglier than my dogs arse :lol: what a terrible country
That showed him. He'll never say fumbleball is a skill-less shambles ever again. Well done.

sherrinator

Juniors
Aotearoa_NewZealand said:
be original mate. come up with something i havent heard yet

My lame comeback was just as lame as your original, uncalled for remark that was completely out of argument. Keep on topic for once?

Btw in response to whoever said that 3 times in recent memory, the team that lost first round that went onto make the GF (Lions, swans x 2) wasn't that a good outcome? lions were by far the best team of that time and the swans were extremely good too. had either of these teams not made the respective GF's it would have been a travesty. Too much emphasis is placed on finals series form i belive. Reward the team who has done the best work all year, and most of the time the top 4 is of a similar standard than the bottom four of the 8.

The NRL would be much better with the aforementioned system, and the team who makes a late comeback (in 2006 - broncos) should not be advantaged.

sherrinator said:
My lame comeback was just as lame as your original, uncalled for remark that was completely out of argument. Keep on topic for once?
I never once made a reference to it being a "lame" comeback - but if you want to admit it, dont blame me!!

sherrinator said:
Btw in response to whoever said that 3 times in recent memory, the team that lost first round that went onto make the GF (Lions, swans x 2) wasn't that a good outcome? lions were by far the best team of that time and the swans were extremely good too. had either of these teams not made the respective GF's it would have been a travesty. Too much emphasis is placed on finals series form i belive. Reward the team who has done the best work all year, and most of the time the top 4 is of a similar standard than the bottom four of the 8.

The NRL would be much better with the aforementioned system, and the team who makes a late comeback (in 2006 - broncos) should not be advantaged.
What you have in mind defeats the theory of staging finals anyway. Basically you're saying that the NRL do an english premier league and award the most "succesfull" team of the season (I.E. the team that finishes first on the ladder) the premiership?

caylo

Bench
The thing is less games in the year means less revenue for the clubs, and players would have a lower salary cap or ticket prices would increase. I think maybe the original idea has some merit to it (only on one point), in which the NRL team who finish on the ladder can pick a homeground to play at (min 40,000 capacity) not including the first week in which they play it at their home ground.

They could bid the game off in reality and make more money for the club. Possible 10-20 thousand dollars a week to pay at a stadium. Teams like NZ would be a bit disadvantaged with this because they don't have asmany grounds. More revenue would be good though. I also think premier league is one way to bring in more revenue for the club. Have it like super league soccer were they have different division, and would help the development of players.

Thirdly an off the topic idea, decrease ticket sales cost, place adds on TV, get tickets sold. Make season tickets maybe a way to save 20% off ticket sales. Make kids under 12 free... bring people back to the game. We should be able to reach 40,000 a week at telstra staium, and 20,000 at stadium like parramatta and Oki. I think our managment have done a great job, but they need to increase revenue, via spomsor ship, something. More free to air tv, enough isn't being done IMO.