What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should all teams get a go on free to air

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
IanRitchie said:
I should have used some of those smilies. Hopefully after that Raiders game all those wallies who keep dropping out the attacking cliches will finally shutup.

That rolly-eyed emoticon can sure come in handy...

mepelthwack

Juniors
I'm getting sick of Tiger TV and I'm, a Tigers supporter!

The ads, the game being over for the weekend by Friday night. I just want a few less than we have.

I'd watch Sharks V Rabbitohs on a Friday night. It'd be better than watching a heavy-weight v an alsoran.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The competition is even enough these days thaqt games involving lower placed sides are often pretty entertaining anyway, bar the occaisional snooze-a-thon.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Raider Ultra said:
Ch 9 blows, I'd much rather watch it on Foxtel. The ads during 9s coverage are infuriating.

That's fine if you've got Foxtel but not everybody has that luxury.

innsaneink

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
Its bad enough only a few weeks ahead with a yawnathon game of Eels and Tigers on. - No disrespect to fans but both teams have been below par this year.

Doing it on a yearly basis! - Gasp, shock, horror.

I dont really think two teams in the bottom 3 playing is worthy of a friday night do you?

Bottom 3 of what?

The Preacher

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:
If Ch 9 can't choose the games that will rate well they won't pay as much for the rights to FTA. If they can't pay as much then the NRL grant to clubs won't be as much.
icon14.gif

100% Coooooorrrreeectt, nothing else needs saying on the matter. :)

colonel_123

Juniors
I'd like to see Channel 9 make a commitment to showing every team a certain number of times during the year.

They could continue to choose what they consider to be the highest rating games each week, but they should committ to giving each side say two free to air games a year.

nqboy

First Grade
"And in late-breaking news, nqboy and Colonel-123 are locked in crucial secret talks to resolve the issue of minimum number of FTA appearances acceptable to clubs in the NRL. Stay tuned..."

The Preacher

First Grade
nqboy said:
"And in late-breaking news, nqboy and Colonel-123 are locked in crucial secret talks to resolve the issue of minimum number of FTA appearances acceptable to clubs in the NRL. Stay tuned..."

Bullsh*t, you're conspiring to go to union aren't you ???

bazza

Immortal
I reckon each team should get at least 1 friday night game and 1 sunday game
as mentioned - with 2 friday night games next year plus the sunday game there will be more opportunity
they can put the crappy teams on at the start of the year before everyone knows they are crap

RainMan

Juniors
2 Friday night games next year is a crock of sh*t. 1 ch9 game on Friday, Saturday and Sunday would pan out better.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Razor said:
The draw should be done up for the full season at the start of the season. Channel 9 should have no input at all.

A commercial television network should have no input to what they put on their screens?

Theoretically, would you suggest Channel Ten cease their input into Big Brother? I'm sure we'd all love Big Brother to cease completely, but why would a television network voluntarily give up input into what they think would rate?

I'd love for the year to be announced 26 weeks ahead, but it's not feasible until at least next year, when the new deal kicks in.

Ianc

Juniors
Personally I have not liked the Cowboys getting more free to air games because the ads & being delayed drive me crazy.
But because most people don't have fox I undestand it is a necessary evil so to compensate the games have to be between good teams.

Kingytek

Juniors
I dont care who plays, I car about getting more games on free to air.
Apparently as of next year Nine with the 16th team there will be 3 games on free to air. Two on friday night and one on Sunday arvo. Now I think this sucks, why cant we have 1 fri, 1 sat and 1 Sun or maybe even bring back Monday night football.
I just want 3 different days of free to air football, not this 2 on friday night bullsh*t!
Anyway, who's gunna listen to me?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kingytek said:
Apparently as of next year Nine with the 16th team there will be 3 games on free to air. Two on friday night and one on Sunday arvo. Now I think this sucks, why cant we have 1 fri, 1 sat and 1 Sun or maybe even bring back Monday night football.
I just want 3 different days of free to air football, not this 2 on friday night bullsh*t!

Agreed. I'd much prefer a Saturday game to two on friday.

The Preacher

First Grade
Kingytek said:

Kingy, I'm sure I saw Gallop on TV saying that Monday night was back in the mix next year. :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Channel 9 show the best games! It is up to the teams to show that they are worth putting on FTA TV. I certainly would not want to watch some rubbish game on FTA on friday night.