What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

should all teams get a go on free to air

*Paul*

Juniors
It's our fault, we keep watching Easts, Parramatta, Newcastle, and Brisbane week after week, so they keep showing them.

Kingytek

Juniors
The Preacher said:
Kingy, I'm sure I saw Gallop on TV saying that Monday night was back in the mix next year. :)

The last I heard about Monday night football was Gallop wanting to test how it would go but trialing MNF with a few games, but I haven't seen a scrap of it. They should have played the Dogs V Souths game on Monday night on chan9, not an Non FTA game on Monday afternoon! Bad move!

strewth_mate

Bench
The games can be unpredictable, and usually the best ones from that round aren't shown on FTA in favour of an unfortunately dull or one-sided encounter. Maybe it's because I'm sick of the same teams getting the exposure, or the way you can pretty much know exactly what the commentators are going to say about the game and the players as soon as the schedule is announced, but I would love to see some different teams on FTA besides the usual 4 or 5.

Of course, there is the standard of the game to worry about, and if it's a dud then it might not be a great idea in hindsight, but it would bring a bit of freshness to hear the commentary on, for example, a Todd Carney or a John Sutton instead of a Brett Finch or a Braith Anasta. When they put the FOX replays on in the bar at uni and it's a game like Rabbitohs vs. Storm I'm always more interested because it's a break from the usual, sometimes you'd swear other teams didn't exist in the NRL as far as Channel 9 is/are concerned. I don't care if they aren't the best players or biggest drawcards, it just broadens the landscape and makes the viewing experience more worthwhile IMO.

Plus, I'm sick of hearing about Gasnier ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
RainMan said:
2 Friday night games next year is a crock of sh*t. 1 ch9 game on Friday, Saturday and Sunday would pan out better.

Fox Sports threw a pattie about it. Fair enough I suppose. Super Saturday is the key subscription driver for them after all...But It'd be nice if they'd just replay the 5:30 match at 8:30 on FTA...

Stranger

Coach
Play the best games on channle 9 simple as that.

(although id rather watch the footy on fox.)

effnic

Bench
Another dull friday night game is upon us this week yay. I thought they picked on form.

Latest posts