What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should be playing 1st grade!

marv

Juniors
Oh yeah, basically the entire png team should be playin first grade, incredible players, have really stepped it up since 2013

Maybe we should rethink that quote now they have actually played against some first graders and looked less than ordinary

Rory

Juniors
yeah i saw him play for Saints this year, but on the RLWC website it says he in unattached? I assumed maybe he was off contract or something

Nah, Amor is good till 2020, so weird it says that. But the RLWC website is pure shit to be honest, compared 2013...

Rabbitoad

Juniors
So far in the tournament, what player/s that don't play first grade should be playing first grade?

For me it's
Mitch Mamary - Lebanon (Wentworthville)
Joey Tramontana - Italy (Dogs u20s)

Opinions?
Tramontana is awful. There's a reason the Dogs didn't re-sign him (even when they were going to let Lichaa go).

Chokes under pressure. Throws way too many no look passes to no one.

grouch

First Grade
Savila Havili.

Denied a regular NRL gig at the Dragons by one of the worst coaches ever employed, and is now clubless as far as I know. He has been pretty good all tournament but was magnificent against England

SBD82

Coach
Savila Havili.

Denied a regular NRL gig at the Dragons by one of the worst coaches ever employed, and is now clubless as far as I know. He has been pretty good all tournament but was magnificent against England
Came here to post the same thing, but you beat me to it.

How havili has lingered in NSW cup for us for so long I don't know. Would have been great as an interchange 9/13. Instead we leave a player warming the bench.

Good luck to him. Hope whoever picks him up uses him well. Can't imagine he will be without a contract for long after his efforts with tonga.

Golden point

Juniors
I wonder if the NRL made any player signing from PNG exempt from salary cap for two years if more NRL clubs would be wiling to give them a shot?
I think you've touched on something.
Couldn't we make a small salary cap concession for relocation , visas ect.?
At least bring these players to equal risk and therefore equal opportunity?

Could help the international game to no end.
Just imagine a young French player's are no longer a liability to bring to Aus.