What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Channel Nine still show the Grand Final live in Melbourne?

parano1a

Juniors
Is there any point in Channel Nine showing the Grand Final live in Melbourne this year? Interest in the game in Victoria is dead and buried now. The ratings the game would get will struggle to rival the Home Shopping Network.

For once I think Nine would be justified in showing a couple of Two and a Half Men repeats and a "family friendly" movie and show the Grand Final Farce at 1am after a re-run of Lethal Weapon 2.

Knightmare

Coach
Are you kidding? The AFL gets out-rated by Iron Chef in Sydney but they still get their Grand Final (and every other game, for that matter) shown live!

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Mate there is plenty of interest in league in Victoria, listen to SEN today, 95% of callers are saying rally around the club and players.

ouwet

Bench
The Anti-RL/RL in Melbourne wankers are coming out now! Of Course it should, i have a feeling Melbourne supporters will stick with them and more fringe supporters might join up. Atleast one thing is sure, if people in Melbourne didn't know about the Melbourne Storm, they do now:lol:

Simo

First Grade
My god the insanity continues, of bloody course it should be. I bet Cronulla are loving this, off the headlines for a week.

E.T.D

Juniors
Ray Warren was just on SEN and said that Channel Nine are about to start discussions with the NRL wanting to rid itself of covering Storm matches for the remainder the season.

Simo

First Grade
Ray Warren was just on SEN and said that Channel Nine are about to start discussions with the NRL wanting to rid itself of covering Storm matches for the remainder the season.

Well they dont cover it in Melb anyway and in the Northern states it would be in 9's interest to show whatever games they think will rate the most highly.

If for example Melb go on a massive unbeaten streak and they come up against say Saints who are doing the same, then it would just be reactionary nonsense not to show the game that people want to see and would rate the most highly.

Knightmare

Coach

:lol: Reminds me of Kyle and Jackie O's on air spat with Frenzal and Kyle said Austereo threatened to 'bury' Frenzal on 2DayFM and Jay said "Fair enough, but would you have to edit the playlist to bury us anyway?"

flamin

Juniors
It was shown live before Melbourne had any of their recent success. Moronic if it isn't shown live now.