What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Darren Lockyer's SL Test's be recognised?

Should they be recognised

• Yes

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 57.7%

• Total voters
Big discussion in the papers recent as to wether or not his Test's played during that year should be recognised, just interested in people's thoughts.

Apparently NZ and ESL recognise it but we don't.

Personally I reckon no, players who signed at the end of the day were playing in a rebel competition and along with their clubs turned their back on the rightful governing body of League.

Adsy

Juniors
I literally paid no attention to SL because the Knights stayed with the ARL.

But did SL have a state if origin too? If they did are those counted?

Also are just the regular season games he played for Brisbane counted?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
of course they f**king should. the other major countries count them as tests and the ARL coutns the farcial ARL's "rest of the world" game as a test so why shouldnt the SL games be counted?

only one competition in 97 had test matches and it wasnt the ARL

yobbo84

Coach
Of course they shouldn't.

- In 1997, there was only one Brisbane Broncos. Thus, any games played for them should count.

- In 1997, there was only one New Zealand test side. Thus, any games played for them should count.

- In 1997, there were two Australian test sides. Thus, only the official side should count.

Quite simple really.

GB!

Juniors
so if me and my mates start our own RL comp, select the best players from that comp for an aussie team, can we call those guys test RL players?
we can play some kiwi guys who made up their own comp too!

I really don't have a problem with it, it's in the f*cking past...

The Knights premiership will always be 1997 (ARL), the Broncos always 1997 (SL), they worked their arses off for it, both clubs still celebrate those achievements.

broncos2011

The ARL comp of 97 was a fantastic competition with lots of quality players. The sharks will win the comp in 2010. Jesus will return to earth.

sharko

Juniors
They should not be recognised. They were not the official Australian Test team and were merely a mickey mouse outfit used by News Ltd.
Anybody who recalls those games realised they were a joke.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So there would be a kiwi and a pom minimum who played against Lockyer and it is registered as a test for them but not Darren.

Not keen.

It's all the difference between the two terms.

"How many Tests has Darren Lockyer played?"
"How many times has Darren Lockyer represented Australia?"

Charlie124

First Grade
Any test for your country should always count, regardless of the status of the competition at the time.