What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Manly @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
This week was also the second week in a row our forwards turned up.....all of them.
They all had a dig but Clem was ineffective. He didn’t go backwards but he nor most of the fwds didn't really bend the line, often only attracting 2 defenders. In fact most of our fwds who attracted 3 defenders, one of them dropped off early because we submitted early.
On the other hand, player of the match Samuela Fainu practically doubled all fwds post contact metres and he's an edge.
The pack needs at least one middle to replace Klem. An inform Haas would transform our pack into a top 4 pack or at least top 8 one.

Tiger05

First Grade
The more I see Latu Fainu play I'm convinced he is going to be an invaluable utility off the bench. In fact when Api retires Latu could slip straight into the number 9 spot.
It would provide competition with DaSilva ensuring the inform player gets the nod. As I said his utility option would be great. He's a good defender (room for improvement) and has a good turn of speed and passing game. He played at dummy half in the world cup and does a lot of that already with us.

I reckon Latu is an out and out half. I also think DaSilva needs game time in firsts and Api needs a rest. One big test for Benji will be getting value out of Luai, Galvin and Latu. I don't know what you'd do but I don't want to lose Latu or Galvin.

Tigerm

Coach
Galvin 22 runs tonight for 200 metres, 14 tackles, 1 try assist, 3 tackle breaks, 11 kicks for 235m

Brooks 6 runs 53m, 1 tackle break, 1 line break assist, 4 kicks for 150m

don’t know
If it means much but it’s interesting
It means, that is the reason we didn't want Brooks here.

Tiger05

First Grade
They all had a dig but Clem was ineffective. He didn’t go backwards but he nor most of the fwds didn't really bend the line, often only attracting 2 defenders. In fact most of our fwds who attracted 3 defenders, one of them dropped off early because we submitted early.
On the other hand, player of the match Samuela Fainu practically doubled all fwds post contact metres and he's an edge.
The pack needs at least one middle to replace Klem. An inform Haas would transform our pack into a top 4 pack or at least top 8 one.

Klemmer is a concern isn't he. He is on good dollars and not offering much at all.

Stef is a rampaging prop at times but geez he is also shit at times. Papalli to me has been great since moving to the middle. He works hard.

We really need to sort our pack out for next season but there is something to work with. Seyfarth, Samuela and Sione Fainu, Twal and Pole are all pretty good and aren't costing big dollars.

Nutz

Bench
I reckon Latu is an out and out half. I also think DaSilva needs game time in firsts and Api needs a rest. One big test for Benji will be getting value out of Luai, Galvin and Latu. I don't know what you'd do but I don't want to lose Latu or Galvin.
He's versatile Tiger. That's the bonus. In the world cup he was outstanding as a dummy half and has a pass left and right far superior to that of Api's. He can kick on the 5th too. A couple of clearance kicks last night were high and deep.
He'll need to be versatile with Luai coming.

Tiger05

First Grade
One of the best for us too as he stuffed some crucial moments.
DCE was very average and looked embarrassed in the presser.

He stuffed up a couple of times but so did Galvin. I thought Brooks was probably their 2nd best player a long way behind Tommy Turbo who is at his best I think the best player in the comp.

Saab was so bad.

Tiger05

First Grade
He's versatile Tiger. That's the bonus. In the world cup he was outstanding as a dummy half and has a pass left and right far superior to that of Api's. He can kick on the 5th too. A couple of clearance kicks last night were high and deep.
He'll need to be versatile with Luai coming.

I think he might be better than Galvin. Luai is though and elite half right now in this comp.

Nutz

Bench
He stuffed up a couple of times but so did Galvin. I thought Brooks was probably their 2nd best player a long way behind Tommy Turbo who is at his best I think the best player in the comp.

Saab was so bad.
Isn't it good to wake up and read positive stuff on here and in the media for a change. I was expecting to read from journos how we stuffed up letting go of Brooks.

Tigerm

Coach
I hate the continual backing into the defence from players, that's not what a FR should be doing.

Tigerm

Coach
With Api, if the spoon isn't on the line, I would give him a rest, but not if it's still in play.

Nutz

Bench
I think he might be better than Galvin. Luai is though and elite half right now in this comp.
Two different types of players, Galvin is a ⅝ and Finau is a ½ or bench 9.
We need someone to be able to cover Api and Galvin but we can't have both DaSilva and Finau on the bench.
It's a perfect problem to have. It gives us both depth and competition.
Bud however must go.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just to mention it as it's funny...I'm not a triple M'er but I stumbled upon their preview of the game this afternoon and ShAaron gave his thoughts on Galvin....said he's been going great but was predicting that tonight Galvin was "going to find out what NRL was really like"
Nostradumbarse
Sharon is such a punish to listen to.I now switch off when the fraudster is on.Galvin at 19 yrs of age is light yrs ahead of the manly 6 who happens to b mates with the pathetic Shazza

Latest posts