What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Fitzgerald go next?

PB

Bench
We lose all our coaching staff before the 11th round of the comp.

We have a RIDICULOUS number of players off contract all at the same time

Somebody has to take responsibilty for this and in most corporations that is the head honcho.

He has done some good, but our current situation is BAD and there is no sign of it getting any better with loads of players still off contract as June 30 closes and no coaches!

Denis has not that much to do with the football side of things, so All your venom is mis-spent.

Any rate I hear that this is his last contract . . .

CrazyEel

Bench
parralight said:
Well he played for Australia in an era where if you played in the forwards you had to be tough.

I recall watching him play and he was a fast lanky second rower. A good player.
LOL, not in the second row you didn't, he was a front rower.

PB

Bench
MarkInTheStands said:
Denis has not that much to do with the football side of things, so All your venom is mis-spent.

Any rate I hear that this is his last contract . . .

Does he employ the people who have control over the football side of the club? That makes it his responsibility. If a corporation goes from market leader to seller dweller, does the Accounts recievable clerk get the punt or the CEO.....?

Oh thats right all the admin people are walking to...

Stagger eel

Staff member
we wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for him, any of you get a chance to watch History of the eels part 3, will find out why,

I'm not going to buy into it..

PB

Bench
eelavation said:
we wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for him, any of you get a chance to watch History of the eels part 3, will find out why,

I'm not going to buy into it..

Every dog has its day.

ask Brian....

Tyler Durden

Juniors
i'm filthy on the board for their decision to get rid of brian

fact of the matter is that the team was firing in 2005, forwards hitting their prime, a young gun rookie halfback coming through and a stack of young talent in the lower grades - our future has never looked so bright since the early 80's.

and the board has gone and chucked a spanner in the work by unsettling everyone by announcing that there is to be a coach change. we could have lost a real opportunity in 06, but we may never know now.

but i want to give them the benefit of the doubt at this stage - they believe that hagan is the right person - let's see how it goes.

and if we don't land the premiership or come bloody close to picking it up, then I will expect the board to do what brian has done tonight.

Slimy Eel

Juniors
It's time for Denis to fall on his sword and go back to unloading sacks of potatoes of the back of a truck. Much as I loved Ray Price I don't believe he is the man for the job, we need a professionally trained person.

Nikki

Coach
Dennis is to busy goin to the theatre with Raaay to worry about what is happening in the world around him.

I am not solely blaming him for the performances the boys are puttin in out on the field, but the coach should never have been put in the position he was this year. No smart business person tells a person a year before his contract is due to expire that it wont be renewed. That just lead to extra pressure on Smith to find a new job and then, both Hagan and Smith get a say in what is happening with their new teams. Brian Smith should have been solely concentrating on Parra in 2006 and Fitzf**kwit didnt give him that luxury.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Nikki, if you where in Brians shoes would you rather notice of 9am 1st of July?

Fitzy done him a favour, and no matter what decision fitzy made it was always going to be tough.

As for those comments he makes against other sides and then in consequence we loose? well we obvioulsy weren't that fired up int he first place, the players get called worse on the field.

Nikki

Coach
Ok, let me give you my view on this from my own personal situation.

For the last 2 years I have been gettin told that my job was as good as gone. I kept working hard with my end date being pushed back and back even further. Then it kinda became clear in September last year. They could "almost" give me a end date. So I asked for a transfer, but that wasnt good for them. They needed me to work for them until the work dwindled. As of 3 weeks ago I am now unattached to my job and still awaiting my transfer. Do you think I actually give a sh*t about going to work everyday or puttin any pride in the work that I do. Hell no. And why should I.

So yeah, I would rather the shorter notice and not have my mind consumed with what is happening with my future 24/7. He should have been givin the Eels 100%, not ringing the Knights every week to check on their team.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Your opinion Nikki, im different, i'd rather alot of notice.......and in Brians case he needs notice eg moving family etc

I think Dennis done him a big favour, if Dennis didn't do it Newcastle would have had another coach.

PB

Bench
James_Hardie said:
At what point does Denis become accountable?

Excellent question!

We've lost all our coaches, & replaced them with so-so's

We have squillions of players off contract all at the same time, (which is bad planning IMO).

Not to mention the admin staff.

So how many players and staff have to leave before Denis is accountable for anything? Do we have to wait till it's just him and Sparky left and everyone else gone?

I'm not saying he is soley to blame for the current situation, but he has to be accountable in some way shape or form surely!?!

emjaycee

Coach
Something right is winning the premiership and if someone who leads any company for 20 years without getting the results needed is still there, then its time for them to move on... surely.

emjaycee

Coach
Doing something right for the business that is a football club is winning the premiership and if someone who leads a company for 20 years without getting the results required by board and shareholders is still there, then its time for them to move on... surely its the same for a football team.

Business is good (finalists) but we havent had the most market share (Premiers) for 20 years so we need a change.

Suitman

Post Whore
PB said:
So how many players and staff have to leave before Denis is accountable for anything? Do we have to wait till it's just him and Sparky left and everyone else gone?

That's it!!!!

Sparky for CEO........unless of course it's musashi inside the suit.

Suity