What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should that be Wallace's last first grade game?

Munky

Coach
Sammut should be at fullback.

It's a tough call on Wesser but his form has dissapeared and he pretends to be ball player so IMO we should put a real one there.

Well i havent read all the posts on this thread so forgive me if i just ramble on saying things that others have but lets look at the facts.

Wallace panthers juniour has in the past several yrs had numerous injuries and bad form yet us panthers stuck by him and the minute presto left gave him a walk in jersey.

The same time we give him a walk in jersey we offer a guy with alot more experience but bad form in recent times by the name of brett firman a chance to prove himself worthy of a contract.

Now Mr firman impresses locals and is given that contract i along with many others shouted from the rooftops with joy at the fact we had lost a great 5/8th but replaced him with another.

I personally stated on here and other sites that firman should start in 6 not wallace and that if that was to happen if we got a good start to the season throw in wallace.

On retrospect if that was the case would we be losing such a good player.

Instead wallace has shown signs of brillance and has thrown egg in our face and buggered of up north.

And of course on top of that we lose joelly up north too i dont no what to make of that bitterly dissapointed and i have to wonder we got adam woolnough to replace joely but what about the 6 are we going to offer it to firman or will he just finish his career in pl and we buy someone new again.

I cant help but smile though there were so many who thought wallace was god couldnt put a foot wrong on or off the field and half way through a tough season he see's the light umm the light of $$$$ that is.

Personally the minute he stuffs up i think you will hear a roar as people charge to take his head off and his jersey too.

Mr firman your time is soon here AT LAST.

Caged Panther

First Grade
TBH if Firman hadn't been injured during the pre-season/trials he would have got first shot IMO.

Notice dean caldwell is making a return this week in Flegg as well will hopefully I can get out there and get a look at him as well.

Peejay13

Juniors
Firman is not a 5/8, he's an organising 1/2. If you place him out there with Gower who likes to play receiver, Firman becomes null and void because he plays the same way. He has played Premier League with "tricky" Trindall who is not an organiser, so that suits Firman. Tricky plays off the cuff and does wander around the park and pops up unexpectedly. Go with "Jazza" and Gower, and if you want spark, put young Youngquest at fullback and give him more ball !!!!

Lol i agree pj well sorta anyway i agree give youngquest full back though if ur doing that then either put wesser in pl or give him a week or two off.

I disagree with your comments on gower i dont know wether you have watched many of our games this yr or maybe its just my eyesight going at such a young age but gower has been all over the field in both attck and defense hence the reason why wally has been doing alot of our kicking from 1st receiver.

If you stick firman in with gower you will have one of the best half combos in the league.

We all know gower can play 1/2, 5/8th or hooker so stick em both in it will give us entertaining footy.