What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we have had a shot at goal?

...Morticia...

Juniors
in the dying seconds of the game, we got a penalty in pretty good position and took a quick tap rather than a shot at goal. at the time I turned to the little chooky next to me and said we shouldve taken the shot at goal as 2 points is better than a nil scoreline. And realistically, we had f**k all chance of crossing there line at that point in the game with the way we were playing. Didn't realise at the time how long it was since we'd last been left scoreless. In hindsight, I still wished we'd kicked for goal but invisage (with the luck we're having at the moment) a St kilda / port adelaide moment, with the ball hardly leaving the ground or the kicker slipping over as he went in to kick it :lol:

so, with the benefit of hindsight or at the time if you were still watching, what would you have preferred to happen? and yes i know it doesnt change a thing ;-)

Paullyboy

Coach
A field goal would have brought you to within 4 converted tries, that's what I would have been looking into.

...Morticia...

Juniors
marshall stalin said:
Yes as for and against could be crucial when we win the last 6 games and finish on 28 points. ;-)

:lol: they have pills to help with these sorts of delusions marshall. glass half full kind of guy?

...Morticia...

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
A field goal would have brought you to within 4 converted tries, that's what I would have been looking into.

come on, a field goal? thats just silly. you know the outcome of that. finch wouldve kicked it, it would've hit the posts, bounced into a doggies arms and they would've run the length of the field to score :lol:

and no, it doesn't suck to be a rooster supporter. it sucks seeing the team implode but not to be a supporter ;-)

fat_mike

Juniors
...Morticia... said:
come on, a field goal? thats just silly. you know the outcome of that. finch wouldve kicked it, it would've hit the posts, bounced into a doggies arms and they would've run the length of the field to score :lol:

and no, it doesn't suck to be a rooster supporter. it sucks seeing the team implode but not to be a supporter ;-)

exactly, throught thick and thin we support the red white and bluesters.

nah i would have rather seen the lads go for a try. going for goal at that point wouldve been like the sharks going for the drop goal a few years back against the eels.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
fat_mike said:
exactly, throught thick and thin we support the red white and bluesters.

nah i would have rather seen the lads go for a try. going for goal at that point wouldve been like the sharks going for the drop goal a few years back against the eels.

Yeah well at least we wouldn't have been scoreless.

I love being a chooks fan and I couldn't give a crap what other fans say...if I did I wouldn't hang around footy forums:D

GO THE ROOSTERS!!!

...Morticia...

Juniors
Muffdaddy said:
We should've gone for an 8 point try

that only happens to st george in grand finals ;-) (cept not 8 points obviously :lol: ). and with my new friend, in that warm furry homicidal way, cummings on the field, we wouldve had more chance of a finch pass finding its intended recipient than being awarded anything other than a penalty against us :D

ozzie

Bench
Many years ago in a local football game in Group Nine Cootamundra were playing Harden and getting a father of a belting. Dayrl Fazio, who was a bloody good footballer for Cootamundra, broke into the clear and looked around - all the Harden guys had stopped and were cheering him on to the line. He stopped at the 25 yard line and lined up a field goal and kicked it. The crowd roared their heads off with laughter. The score was something like 66-2

...Morticia...

Juniors
ozzie said:
Many years ago in a local football game in Group Nine Cootamundra were playing Harden and getting a father of a belting. Dayrl Fazio, who was a bloody good footballer for Cootamundra, broke into the clear and looked around - all the Harden guys had stopped and were cheering him on to the line. He stopped at the 25 yard line and lined up a field goal and kicked it. The crowd roared their heads off with laughter. The score was something like 66-2

:lol: great story oz. at that point in a game, why not.

Paullyboy

Coach
So let me get this straight, Roosters fans are having a go at the Raiders?

(Just had to check before I laughed).

If the Raiders arent going well? Who the hell are you going to poach off then? You might just have to forfeit matches.

2 True Blues

Coach
Although I am personally having no go at you at all myself , and am now sitting here scratching my head wondering what you are talking about, You are forgetting that the Jets are the Roosters feeder side and are comfortably kicking your ( thanks for fergo ex-Jet winning the 1989 grandfinal cause he was wearing the wrong coloured jersey ) Premier league butts !!!!!

GO THE BLUEBAGS !!!!!!

Paullyboy

Coach
I have as much interest in premier league as I do the West Australian under 14 division.

If I were to follow a second tier competition it would be the Qld Cup.

Latest posts