What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should we let Dykes go?

strider

Post Whore
Like Lam will come all the way back from the UK to play for 1/4 of what he gets there???....altho maybe he'd want to come back and see how his adult movie career is progressing.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'd keep Dykes, like it or not he is our spark, and we certainly win more games with him in the side.

The other option is wew play Morris at half back next year and either blood a youngster or wait for it??..........move Langi to 5/8?, i know some will laugh but at the moment he is our best ball playing back & some of his passes have had class stamped all over it.

Eelectrica

Referee
I think Dykes has to stay but if we have to let Dykes go to the Sharks, and Tim Smith isn't ready, then what about Luke Dorn?
Ben Walker may be option unless he has retired for good, PJ Marsh if a gets released and is able to resume his career could be good too.
Not brilliant choices I know, but the cupboard is pretty bare as far as available halfbacks go.

Pazza

First Grade
Keep Dykes, he might not be as good as we hope but i would rather have him around than not. He only has one more season and hopefully Smith can develop into the fulltime halfback in 2006.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Im amazed that people forget Dyke's horror injuries - hence his non performance in the last 2 years.

A fit Dykes, WITHOUT useless coaching selections like Burt at centre and Graham in firsts, and without part timers like Wagon and Vella in the pack, will fire.

messiah7

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
I'd keep Dykes, like it or not he is our spark, and we certainly win more games with him in the side.

The other option is wew play Morris at half back next year and either blood a youngster or wait for it??..........move Langi to 5/8?, i know some will laugh but at the moment he is our best ball playing back & some of his passes have had class stamped all over it.

JUNIOR LANGI????????????? GIVE ME A BREAK, THIS PLAYER IS ONE OF MANY SMITH'S PET PROJECTS

bartman

Immortal
One thing's for certain... that CAPS LOCK has to go, messiah7 :evil:

No need to scream every word, we're all in the same room 8)

fish eel

Immortal
I'd say its time to cut our losses with Dykes, he just hasn't gelled at our club, and I doubt we are going to get anything better from him than what we already have.

move Langi to 5/8?, i know some will laugh but at the moment he is our best ball playing back & some of his passes have had class stamped all over it.

Langi....5/8?

Ash Graham can throw a much better pass than Langi, would you put him at 5/8. IE saturday night, he threw a great, long pass across to field to peterson on a kick return.

I actually think his hands are being wasted on the wing......not plugging him for 5/8 though.

fish eel

Immortal
What would the score have been v the Chooks had Dykes played?

well, we scored from three Michael Witt bombs, all of which were more potent than any Dykes has put up in three years.

True EEL

Bench
let Dykes go

and by the way, i guess Michael Witt can't control games......only great wins over the top ranked side in the comp????

the only "old or washed up" player i would be interested in to play in the halves with Witt would be PJ Marsh who is on the outer at the Warriors

COACH STERLING

Juniors
If we can offord him we should definitely keep him. We don't have anything to gain by letting him go, and if Witt gets injured we don't have a replacement halfback. I hope smithy gets it right next year come round 1. It should be Witt 7 & Dykes 6.