What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrek signed with Roosters

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Geddes, Miller, Danny Wicks, Garret Crossman, Brett White, Shane Shackleton, Matthew White, Chris Houston, Dan Hunt......

There are some good value props, money wise and ability wise, in the NRL and off contract.

there's also some blue chips that wouldn't be anywhere near what O'Meley's on, Joel Clinton and Brent Kite are 2 of them.

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
Typical Parramatta probably only offered him $250,000.

He's worth $450,000, he would compliment Hindy brillantly, instead of the other cream tarts we have.

What's the bet we won't sign anyone, loose Mateo & Inu and we sign Robinson & Wagon till the end of 2010.

Stagger eel

Staff member
DanceMaster2000 said:

He's worth $450,000, he would compliment Hindy brillantly, instead of the other cream tarts we have.

What's the bet we won't sign anyone, loose Mateo & Inu and we sign Robinson & Wagon till the end of 2010.

Parramatta didn't offer him anything..and personally I'll rather use the money and give it 2 or 3 good young forwards.

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually, i don't want to alarm people but there are 2 props on the market at the moment and may look following their old coach here and that's Josh Perry and Adam Woolnough...I think that'll make everyone feel or warm and fuzzy inside. :lol:

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
DanceMaster2000 said:

I can feel your pain but believe me a 50-60 minute prop is not worth 450k. You probably don't realise how much I also wanted him in our side.

We can now chase an 80 minute hard player in O'Donnell and sign two decent props to complement Caylo and Moimoi (as well as the young pups).

We will not need to replace Tahu as we have INU so that definitely frees up money

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
actually, i don't want to alarm people but there are 2 props on the market at the moment and may look following their old coach here and that's Josh Perry and Adam Woolnough...I think that'll make everyone feel or warm and fuzzy inside. :lol:

Noooooooooooooo

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I can feel your pain but believe me a 50-60 minute prop is not worth 450k. You probably don't realise how much I also wanted him in our side.

We can now chase an 80 minute hard player in O'Donnell and sign two decent props to complement Caylo and Moimoi (as well as the young pups).

We will not need to replace Tahu as we have INU so that definitely frees up money

Actually LOD should be more of a priority then O Meley.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:

Haven't we already chaased Perry when our coach was B Smith (so he will stay at the knights....hopefully).

I actually laughed when I saw Luke Daviko named for the Knights on Monday and he got injured very quickly. We could chase him (joking Hages if you are reading)

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
eelavation said:

Sounds like the Parramatta we all know and love:lol:

eel01s

Bench
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

Here Here!

I think the Panthers are also cashed up and ready to spend big time on LOD, but I hope we go hard for him too. We definitely need that sort of fearsome player in our forward pack.

I know the Eels don't like to spend up big on one player, but there are exceptions to every rule. I think the Eels will have plenty of cash to spend for next year - I hope they do it wisely. I seem to remember we offered Steve Menzies a fortune, even though Dennis said we wouldn't pay "overs" for anyone.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
Here Here!

I think the Panthers are also cashed up and ready to spend big time on LOD, but I hope we go hard for him too. We definitely need that sort of fearsome player in our forward pack.

I know the Eels don't like to spend up big on one player, but there are exceptions to every rule. I think the Eels will have plenty of cash to spend for next year - I hope they do it wisely. I seem to remember we offered Steve Menzies a fortune, even though Dennis said we wouldn't pay "overs" for anyone.

we may have plenty of cash..but we need to consider re-signings and upgrades before we look at any player externally.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:
we may have plenty of cash..but we need to consider re-signings and upgrades before we look at any player externally.

Eela, seriously we should have plenty of money after our losses and gains last year as well as Tahu leaving. We also need to consider whether Cannings, Fa'oso, Tim Smith and Wagon are staying just to name a few(I believe they are all off contract).

Stagger eel

Staff member
DanceMaster2000 said:
Like who? Mateo & Inu? well why haven't they?

INU's signed till 2008.

Mateo, Tim Smith, joal Reddy, taulima Tautai, Eric Grothe, Wagon, Cannings, Blake Green, lett...etc

you might want to ask the club why they're not all signed...in fact go to any other club in the comp and ask them the same question because there most still have sh*tloads off contract.

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Eela, seriously we should have plenty of money after our losses and gains last year as well as Tahu leaving. We also need to consider whether Cannings, Fa'oso, Tim Smith and Wagon are staying just to name a few(I believe they are all off contract).

well...as I've said several times before, I was told that there's not going to be too much money left over once they keep who they want to keep, they will sign a few players but they may a sign a few fringe and up and coming firstgraders but that would be it just what I'm told...

Stagger eel

Staff member
eelavation said:
INU's signed till 2008.

Mateo, Tim Smith, joal Reddy, taulima Tautai, Eric Grothe, Wagon, Cannings, Blake Green, lett...etc

you might want to ask the club why they're not all signed...in fact go to any other club in the comp and ask them the same question because there most still have sh*tloads off contract.

you can add Richie and JT to the equation..

Latest posts