What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrek signed with Roosters

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Eela, seriously we should have plenty of money after our losses and gains last year as well as Tahu leaving. We also need to consider whether Cannings, Fa'oso, Tim Smith and Wagon are staying just to name a few(I believe they are all off contract).

We may have lost a number of players but the replacments in the Top 25 still have to be paid as well.

Riddell, Hindmarsh, Grothe and Cayless have all signed extended deals as well.

There are a lot of things to consider in regards to the salary cap - it did increase but many of those 'increases' were as a result of increases to allowances etc.

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
eelavation said:
INU's signed till 2008.

Mateo, Tim Smith, joal Reddy, taulima Tautai, Eric Grothe, Wagon, Cannings, Blake Green, lett...etc

you might want to ask the club why they're not all signed...in fact go to any other club in the comp and ask them the same question because there most still have sh*tloads off contract.

Tautai & Mateo and possibly Smith.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:
INU's signed till 2008.

Mateo, Tim Smith, joal Reddy, taulima Tautai, Eric Grothe, Wagon, Cannings, Blake Green, lett...etc

you might want to ask the club why they're not all signed...in fact go to any other club in the comp and ask them the same question because there most still have sh*tloads off contract.

I thought grothe had resigned. Mateo, Tautai and either Green or Smith are priorities

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I thought grothe had resigned. Mateo, Tautai and either Green or Smith are priorities

well!! there's been no confirmation from the club and talking DK on Friday night he told me he's yet to sign with the club..

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

I have a feeling we'll lose either Green or Smith..just my imo.

carson

Juniors
I hope Chris Anderson didn't spend all his money, I hear Noddy's contract is up for renegotiation and stuart still hasn't forgoteen that forward pass.

I can see the roosters adopting a "new" flatter style of attack next year.

DanceMaster2000

Juniors
carson said:
I hope Chris Anderson didn't spend all his money, I hear Noddy's contract is up for renegotiation and stuart still hasn't forgoteen that forward pass.

I can see the roosters adopting a "new" flatter style of attack next year.

'wining culture':lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
We probably have to lose either Green or Smith as one will be playing reserve grade unless Finch is a dud

well getting rid of Finch is out of the equation because he's under contract and if we do release him we need to pay him out and offcouse that will come under the cap.

Suitman

Post Whore
I can't even believe there is talk of getting rid of Finch.
ffs, he's only played three games for us.

He'll come good if the team comes good.

Suity

So O'meley likes not playing in the finals, must he he he joined the Roosters.
We didn't want anyway he's a cat, look what he did to Prince on sunday.

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
I can't even believe there is talk of getting rid of Finch.
ffs, he's only played three games for us.

He'll come good if the team comes good.

Suity

Either that or we can start our own koala colony..... ;-)

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:
well getting rid of Finch is out of the equation because he's under contract and if we do release him we need to pay him out and offcouse that will come under the cap.

Yeah I wasn't actually talking about getting rid of Finch. i was just saying that Finch could end up in reserve grade in Smith and Green click as a como. Did they ever play together in the grades and if so, how did they go?

Suity,

No one is writing off Finch after 3 games. We are just talking hypotheticals in case he is not the one. I think he definitely could be a success once he finds his feet at Parra

Suitman

Post Whore
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Suity,

No one is writing off Finch after 3 games. We are just talking hypotheticals in case he is not the one. I think he definitely could be a success once he finds his feet at Parra

I hope you're right mate.

Suity

carson

Juniors
What, you guys want to get rid of one of our halves??? How come nobody has mentioned this before???

eel01s

Bench
eelavation said:
well...as I've said several times before, I was told that there's not going to be too much money left over once they keep who they want to keep, they will sign a few players but they may a sign a few fringe and up and coming firstgraders but that would be it just what I'm told...

I don't doubt you mate, but I really can't believe this!

I can understand the Club wanting to see how serveral players perform THIS year before offering contracts for next year and beyond, but Tahu's departure alone means that they could buy one high profile, or two or three "up and comers".

Parra's recruitment for the last twenty years really has not changed - always looking for the bargain buy. The only exceptions I can recall (apart from the Super League period)are: Lindner, Dykes, Tahu, Riddell, Cannings and Morrison. These are probably the only big name players that other clubs actively chased. Everyone else has been low profile signings.

We are struggling in the forwards and we need to bolster them NOW with some proven hard men. Yes we have potential in the juniors but they need someone in that mold to learn from.

eel01s

Bench
Apparently he hasn't actually signed, but according to the Tele, he has agreed to terms.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel01s said:
I don't doubt you mate, but I really can't believe this!

I can understand the Club wanting to see how serveral players perform THIS year before offering contracts for next year and beyond, but Tahu's departure alone means that they could buy one high profile, or two or three "up and comers".
there needs to be a balance between re-signing/upgrades of players and signing external players, we cannot do both without having to sacrifise players we like to keep. What you need to understand is that players like Blake and Feleti will be on top ups if they end up staying, Eric played for Australia since his last contract so he'll be on more money, Caylo, Hindy and pig have also re-signed...you also need to understand that flegg players such as Taulima Tautai will command more money next year as they are effectively not part of the top 25...he will, by rights, become a new signing even though he's still at the club.

To add to that, Keating, Hodkinson, tony Williams, Tim Mannah and Jonathon Wright may all be considerd in the top 25 next year depending on how they perform this year and at the moment, they're doing quite well.

People automatically assume that we lose Tahu and sign O'Donnell and everything will be sweet...but you try signing Feleti at the same money he's on while you make a puchase like O'Donnell??

Last year we lost 15 or so players...but think about it other than Morrison and Stringer none of them were on big contracts, even Widders was on Jack schit...yet apart from the 4 purchases we made we had to upgrade Hayne who's on big money now, Feleti, INU, Blake, Weller and Zeb who were not part of the top 25 but are now due to upgrades and potential bonusses when they play firstgrade.

those blokes were effectively new signings to add to Finch, Hindmarsh, Lowrie and Faa'osso as they weren't part of the top 25 last year.

Latest posts