What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sia Soliola

reykaine

Juniors
was he the guy who Wiki absolutely flattened in a semifinal against the Roosters back a few years?

Marty

Juniors
I think he potentially could be an awesome signing. I heard though he has been carrying alot of injuries which may have effected his from in the past?

Blair

Coach
That would be him.

I reckon he'd be a bit wary of playing at Mt Smart after that.

Just a bit further on this, I remember in 2003 the Warriors were playing a finals game against the Raiders at the SFS and the commentator said 'the Warriors are keeping a wary eye on Ruben Wiki'.

At the time a Warrior was taking the ball up from outside his own goal line. Ruben was marauding out there, somewhere.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
8 Lillyman
9 Friend
10 Rapira
11 Hoffman
12 Matulino
13 Mannering

14 Henry
15 Mateo
16 Matagi
17 Ikahahifo

Forward pack for next year and thats leaving out bakuya and gubb. I honestly dont see were soliola fits in

You're expecting Rapira and Lilyman have to play 60 minutes a game each next season?

SaintsFan

Juniors
Sia has been a great player for us (St Helens) although this season has not been his best. If he was off his game during his final season with the NRL then I would bet that he isn't very good at maintaining his form when a move is on the cards. We have known for a while that he is leaving and he isn't the same player for us this season that he has been previously. He's been a real character while he has been with us and has been a fans favourite.

He spent a large part of his first season with us getting over a knee injury but since then he's hardly missed a game.

He has been an enthusiastic second rower for most of his time at Saints, putting in some great hits and never giving less than 100% on the field. He has a lot of heart. He has made great yards for us and has occasionally played at prop although I think he's most effective in the second row.

We only play him at centre when desperate due to injuries during a match because he's not quick enough and his defence isn't as strong in that position.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
2 starting props, 2 props on the bench.

Standard.

Theres not two props on that bench. Matulino would have to shift between the second row and prop and play big minutes. Would mean he would barely play 15 minutes in the 2nd row anyway.

Last edited:

Rebel

First Grade
Theres not two props on that bench. Matulino would have to shift between the second row and prop and play big minutes. Would mean he would barely play 15 minutes in the 2nd row anyway.

Matagi and ika can be bench props (ika has played a bit in the front row this year) and matulino can play prop aswell.

I've been very impressed with what I've seen of him in the SL, albeit it he hasn't had the greatest season this year.

I don't think we need him but surprised at some of the comments on the first page.

Would be happy if we signed him

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Matagi and ika can be bench props (ika has played a bit in the front row this year) and matulino can play prop aswell.

I'd much rather have someone like Bakuya in the team, not mix and match and play people out of position but fair enough.

Izz

Bench
Who's leaving to free a spot for him? Bakuya gonna be suspended maybe?
Hmm, hadn't thought of this. If so, could be a good signing. But still, we produce backrowers like a factory, and we've got several waiting in the wings already.

Big Marn

Bench
Hmm, hadn't thought of this. If so, could be a good signing. But still, we produce backrowers like a factory, and we've got several waiting in the wings already.

yes, but the local factory rarely produces workaholic backrowers. Gutenbeil and Swann would be the most obvious local products and Mannering of course. We have had to shop around (Campion, Luck and now Hoffman)to get the glue we need when the the big backrowers start tiring.
Luck was never a tacklebreaking offloading merchant but he was so valuable in all other areas.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
yes, but the local factory rarely produces workaholic backrowers. Gutenbeil and Swann would be the most obvious local products and Mannering of course. We have had to shop around (Campion, Luck and now Hoffman)to get the glue we need when the the big backrowers start tiring.
Luck was never a tacklebreaking offloading merchant but he was so valuable in all other areas.

Eh? Hasn't that been our biggest problem in recent years? Too many tacklebots with not enough punch on the edges?

Our backrow could easily have been Mannering, Taylor, Henry.

Hoffman's offensive game (at least at club level) is sorely underrated. He's been doing for years what Mannering has only just started doing in the last 5-6 weeks.