What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side For 2012.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Well I hope there are some more new signings for 2012 but who - Carney, Leuluai, Finch, Lima are some probables. Wait and see I guess.

First of all; Leuluai is an absolute must.

Looking at our spine two of the three others have no playmaking or organising bones in their body however are very good attacking prospect the other one will either be Sutton or Inglis; Sutton is a average ball player but his running game defines him as a talent, Leuluai being the controlling half is what we need; We don't need anyone flashy because three of the other spine players are flashy attacking players; We just need someone to steady the ship and Leuluai can play hooker at a pinch so if Issac is injured he can shift there and Reynolds can be blooded at half or look to our other signings in Carr or Hunt.

Without his ball playing game, Sutton is basically a lock forward; It would nearly be a double waste playing him there and then GI not getting quality ball from lack of expansive play; If Leuluai was brought to the club, Inglis would be allowed to play his natural game and get maximum touches of the ball.

It was brought to my attention on another forum, Paul Kent from the back page mentioned Carney is still after 400k for next season; If this is true then eff that!; Leuluai for half that or a bit over half would be a much much better acquisition.

Bro Bear

Juniors
If Carney wants $400k for a season then he must be on the wallop. NO NRL CLUB WILL TOUCH HIM FOR THAT AMOUNT.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
First point: the sides you've picked with Carney and Leuluai etc. are the best case, most optimistic scenario. What I picked was what I think will happen under Maguire and not necessarily what I want.

The reason why Roberts is at the back is because of the knock-on effect of moving Inglis to 6 which is what will happen under Maguire. Sure you could play Merritt at fullback but then Roberts is then exposed defensively if you put him on the wing.

Sutton has consistently proven in 2011 that he can't play 6. He had 2 good games all season against Parramatta and Canberra and it just so happened that the entire team was firing on those two occasions. His distribution to Inglis throughout the year was slow and predictable and don't get me started on his kicking game (or lack thereof). Time to move on from the idea of him being a playmaker.

Also how can you not have Crocker in the starting team? I'm not sure if you went up to that last game in Newcastle but Crocker was the only player who looked like he gave a stuff for the entirety of the game. He is a natural leader and will be captain outright under Maguire who has worked with him previously at Melbourne.

Given our club has let front-rowers like Ross and MacPherson depart without replacing them, Pettybourne is listed as he will have to play prop next season.

How bout James Roberts play at all ? Merritt is not getting put on the wing just so Roberts has a spot. Merritt wears the 1 next year, and Inglis should not play five-eight he is not a five-eight. Hes actually a fullback but anyway. but needs to stay in the in the centres, and we need to guarrentee get a five eight over the off season, we should be going after Carney, he will be cheap, but Yeee. Richo is an absolute dickhead. I think Sutton brings more strike power then Crocker, Sutton was a great lock, and i'm sure he can get back to his best. I love Crocker, but i dunno. Id rather see Sutton there playing at his best.

Latest posts