What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side For 2012.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
If we play our cards right, our side has a big chance of looking like this... what you guys reckon ?

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. Todd Carney
7. Tom Leuluai
8. Luke Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. John Sutton

14. George Burgess
15. Scott Geddes
16. Michael Crocker (c)
17. Jason Clark

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1. Merrit
2. Mcqueen
3. Ingli$
4. King
5. Peats
6. Thompson
7. Reynolds
8. Asotasi
9. Luke
10. Burgess
11. Burgess
12. Burgess
13. Crocker

14. Taylor
15. Sutton
16. Abbott
17. Farrell

ThingFish

Juniors
If we play our cards right, our side has a big chance of looking like this... what you guys reckon ?

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. Todd Carney
7. Tom Leuluai
8. Luke Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. John Sutton

14. George Burgess
15. Scott Geddes
16. Michael Crocker (c)
17. Jason Clark

What, no Talanoa?? :crazy:

Galeforce

Bench
we need Roberts and Peats in the side. At least one of these on the bench and the other needs to be forced into the side. One of these should be tried at half. enough said , leave it to the coach.

CCJames

Juniors

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. Todd Carney
7. Tom Leuluai
8. Luke Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. John Sutton

14. George Burgess
15. Scott Geddes
16. Michael Crocker (c)
17. Jason Clark

I think Sutton to the bench and Crocker starting has to be a certainty! I know who puts more in each week! Also peats should be in there also!

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think Sutton will end up still being 5/8.

I know he's inconsistent, but I can see it happening ... and honestly, I'm not convinced that it wouldn't be the best option.

I'm hoping Maguire can get mroe consistent, effective performances from Sutton.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
can't see how we have leului and carney in ouyr halves if we haven't signed them. also crocker has been one of our best this year and can't be benched

Big Sam

First Grade
1. Roberts
2. Merritt
3. King
4. Farrell
5. McQueen
6. Inglis
7. Reynolds
8. Geddes
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. S. Burgess
12. Taylor
13. Crocker (c)

14. L. Burgess
15. Pettybourne
16. Clark/Peats/Tyrrell
17. Sutton

Sutton to play as a Mateo-style backrower with a handy offload from now on. His playmaker days are over.

Rabbitohs6

Juniors
1. Roberts
2. Merritt
3. King
4. Farrell
5. McQueen
6. Inglis
7. Reynolds
8. Geddes
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. S. Burgess
12. Taylor
13. Crocker (c)

14. L. Burgess
15. Pettybourne
16. Clark/Peats/Tyrrell
17. Sutton

Sutton to play as a Mateo-style backrower with a handy offload from now on. His playmaker days are over.

Roberts is 18 years old, let him develop, and your not gonna pick Merritt are the form he showed in the 1 every time he played, remember he had a one off game in round 4 against manly at fullback and scored a double and a great game up at blue tongue, if Roberts is our fullback next year expect a very ordinary year from the Rabbitohs, Merritt support play has lead to half our tries recently. Hes amazing. And no way does Inglis play in the 6, hes not a play maker, And Pettybourne in the side ? really ? Sorry mate, but Souths need to find a five-eight hopefully its Todd, Reynolds has the 7 jersey next year. Has everyone forgot how good Sutton was at lock ? He didn't earn my favorite player for no reason. He was an absolute machine in the 13, he's a good defender in and amongst the big fellas, cause Sutton is massive himself, trust me, I've met him a few times, the guy is a monster. Sutton is Souths lock in 2012, i love Crocker i still think he should co-captain with Asotasi from the bench. But Sutton just adds strike power in attack in the back row, stick him out on Souths ride side with Reynolds, Burgess and King. That will make our right side dangerous, and if we get Carney for 2012, that will set our left side alight ! Carney, Taylor, Inglis, McQueen. And we will make the 8 easy if we can just f**kin keep our players on the field, far out, all the best teams in the comp, are the teams who have limited injuries, Souths have gone out nearly every week with a different side for the past 2 years. Its a joke, hopefully we can get a bit luckier this season. :)

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell
3. Matt King
4. Greg Inglis
5. Chris McQueen
6. (Hopefully Carney, if not then Sutton)
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess
9. Issac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Sam Burgess
12. Dave Taylor
13. John Sutton

14. Scott Geddes
15. George Burgess (Maybe another front-rower if we sign one)
16. Crocker
17. Peats/Clark

KKW

Juniors
Injuries aren't souths problem, every team has injuries. Souths only really lost 4 forwards 1 of which ( burgess) would only make the starting side at most other teams. Quality depth is what the rabbits lack. Souths will finish lower next season after losing sandow.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
souths only used 27 players this year but the fact we lost key porsonnel and had to blood young forwards was the problem.
also taylors 5 week suspension hurt at a critical time as well as the inconsitency which has plagued us is the major problem.

Isaaxe

Juniors
The fact that SS used Peats, Clarke, McQueen,McPherson and other young players may have highlighted that some others have to perform in 2012. The injuries may have revealed a few things.

Maguire may not select players automatically with a good run re:injuries in 2012.

Also Luke and Taylor can be used a lot more effectively and Inglis of course.

Injuries aren't souths problem, every team has injuries. Souths only really lost 4 forwards 1 of which ( burgess) would only make the starting side at most other teams. Quality depth is what the rabbits lack. Souths will finish lower next season after losing sandow.

What a load of crap.So Asotasi would not make any other top grade club? Fug me.

Big Sam

First Grade
Roberts is 18 years old, let him develop, and your not gonna pick Merritt are the form he showed in the 1 every time he played, remember he had a one off game in round 4 against manly at fullback and scored a double and a great game up at blue tongue, if Roberts is our fullback next year expect a very ordinary year from the Rabbitohs, Merritt support play has lead to half our tries recently. Hes amazing. And no way does Inglis play in the 6, hes not a play maker, And Pettybourne in the side ? really ? Sorry mate, but Souths need to find a five-eight hopefully its Todd, Reynolds has the 7 jersey next year. Has everyone forgot how good Sutton was at lock ? He didn't earn my favorite player for no reason. He was an absolute machine in the 13, he's a good defender in and amongst the big fellas, cause Sutton is massive himself, trust me, I've met him a few times, the guy is a monster. Sutton is Souths lock in 2012, i love Crocker i still think he should co-captain with Asotasi from the bench. But Sutton just adds strike power in attack in the back row, stick him out on Souths ride side with Reynolds, Burgess and King. That will make our right side dangerous, and if we get Carney for 2012, that will set our left side alight ! Carney, Taylor, Inglis, McQueen. And we will make the 8 easy if we can just f**kin keep our players on the field, far out, all the best teams in the comp, are the teams who have limited injuries, Souths have gone out nearly every week with a different side for the past 2 years. Its a joke, hopefully we can get a bit luckier this season. :)

First point: the sides you've picked with Carney and Leuluai etc. are the best case, most optimistic scenario. What I picked was what I think will happen under Maguire and not necessarily what I want.

The reason why Roberts is at the back is because of the knock-on effect of moving Inglis to 6 which is what will happen under Maguire. Sure you could play Merritt at fullback but then Roberts is then exposed defensively if you put him on the wing.

Sutton has consistently proven in 2011 that he can't play 6. He had 2 good games all season against Parramatta and Canberra and it just so happened that the entire team was firing on those two occasions. His distribution to Inglis throughout the year was slow and predictable and don't get me started on his kicking game (or lack thereof). Time to move on from the idea of him being a playmaker.

Also how can you not have Crocker in the starting team? I'm not sure if you went up to that last game in Newcastle but Crocker was the only player who looked like he gave a stuff for the entirety of the game. He is a natural leader and will be captain outright under Maguire who has worked with him previously at Melbourne.

Given our club has let front-rowers like Ross and MacPherson depart without replacing them, Pettybourne is listed as he will have to play prop next season.

Latest posts