What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side V Raiders

Saint Jack

Juniors
We do have a few "surprises" that could get a look in:

Beau Henry, Michael Lett, Jack Bosden, Jake Marketo, and Stanley of course.

Smith and Saffy might be back. With neither of our halves being picked we still have the makings of a good backline. I doubt Hunt will get a run, so we also have a reasonable forward 6. Our bench might be a bit light on - but the youngsters often step up.

saint pebba

Coach
I all but certain(inside mail) Costigan won't be picked for QLD. So assuming Boyd, Morris, Cooper, Creagh and Weyman are out this will be the team.

Nightingale
Vickery
Emmett
Stanley
Lett
Soward
Hornby
Hunt
Priddis
Green
Prior
Costigan
Young

Greenfield
Merrin
Thorby
Henry

BigNormProvan

Juniors
With all the in's, out's and maybe's, I think we will be seeing a Bennett masterclass in no-nonsense footy. Forward dominated, uncomplicated, dummy half running, long kicking etc.

Tough game.

Big Norm

Bring back choc

Juniors
Some people are selecting too many debutants. Won't happen. We have enough options not to select
players like Vickery and Henry. Lett may get a go along with Stanley, but thats about it.

Jono1987

Juniors
My team for this week assuming Smith and Saffy are back;

1. Nightingale, 2. Lett, 3. Prior, 4. Emmett, 5. Vickery, 6. Soward, 7. Hornby, 8. Hunt, 9. Priddis, 10. Green, 11. Costigan, 12. Smith, 13. Young
14. Merrin, 15. Greenfield, 16. Saffy, 17. Stanley

My team if Smith and Saffy aren't back;

1. Nightingale, 2. Lett, 3. Prior, 4. Emmett, 5. Vickery, 6. Soward, 7. Hornby, 8. Hunt, 9. Priddis, 10. Green, 11. Costigan, 12. Marketo, 13. Young
14. Merrin, 15. Greenfield, 16. Thorby, 17. Stanley

hardbaby

Coach
We were towelled in the forwards last year against Canberra (admittedly playing in that hell hole) and have struggled with them in the past. This is a huge test of depth but I really hope they move Prior into the pack. Emmett is playing great footy and if we give some younger guys like Stanley a crack, so be it.

The key against Canberra is to control the ruck. Hornby and Soward will direct play and the new backs are good enough to do the job. I think Bennett will keep Prior at centre and I am loathe to disagree with the great man but I firmly believe we should focus on the pack and I am not too worried by the backs.

Look to the first 25 minutes of both the Manly and the Canterbury game as truth that we are struggling a bit in the forwards at the moment - hardly surprising given the injuries. But Prior is a forward, not a centre, and that is where Canberra will take us on!! Watch the dummy half runs on Sunday.

thommo4pm

Coach
I'm not sure we will have a backline this week.

Morris, Boyd, Cooper, Scott all out due to injury or Origin.
Creagh, Weyman, Costigan, Smith, Saffy, Fien all out for same reasons.

I think our side might look like this:
Nighty
Lett
Stanley
Prior
Vickery / Roche
Soward
Hornby

Hunt
Priddis
Green
Emmett
Greenfield
Young

Merrin
Thorby
Henry
Hancock / Marketo

The Raiders really should give us a hiding.
Would be nice to see Smith/Saffy back this week, but from all reports they are still another week

saints81

Juniors
What about moving Hornby to fullback and Henry to halfback?

1. Hornby
2. Lett
3. Prior
4. Stanley
5. Nightingale
6. Soward
7. Henry
8. Hunt
9. Priddis
10. Green
11. Emmett
12. Smith ?
13. Young

14. Thorby
15. Merrin
16. Greenfield
17. Marketo

This team should still get the job done against the raiders

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What about moving Hornby to fullback and Henry to halfback?

slap.gif

Dragons1990

Juniors
Nightingale
lett
prior
Emmett
Vickory
soward
hornby
hunt
priddis
green
Smith/saffy
Paulo
young

greenfield
marketo
Merrin
thorby

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hope they give Beau Henry and Kyle Stanley a run this week. Kyle was super impressive in the Charity chield and Beau has not had a run in 1st grade yet so now is a good time to see what he is capable of.