What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side V Raiders

woodley_11

Juniors
On Dellevision on the Dragons website they mention that Kyle Stanley is in the team this week. Dean Young also only lists Smith, Scott and Fien on the injured list so maybe Saffy will be named as well.

dragonfire

Bench
man i am really intrigued to see this line up. my guess is

Nightingale
Lett
Stanley
Emmett
Vickory???
Soward
Hornby
Hunt
Priddis
Green
Prior
Saffy
Young

Merrin
Greenfield
Thorby
Marketo?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Qld team announced: Boyd, Costigan
NSW team: B Morris, Cooper, Weyman, Creagh

Total six players in addition to injuries that have to covered.

She'll be right.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'm not sure we will see Saff again. Bennett did not mention him as being one of the players to come back last week, but he mentioned everyone else.

We know WB has a track record of punting blokes regardless if he doesn't like the way they've gone about leaving his club before.

Hope I'm wrong and he's named today -

Nighty
Letty
Matty Prior
Saynley-y
???? Is Joey Vickory fit? Could we see a Bretty Plowman type out there on the sting this week? Jacky Bosden to play sting. Ricky Stuart saw his future in the three quarters & he's a genius.
Sowie
Benny Hornby
Youngy
Hunty
Nicky Emmett
Trenty Merrin
Lukey Priddis
Greeny

Micky Greenfield
Ricky-y Thorby-y
Jakey Marketo
Nathan Long - surely Longy is due back. If not, Beauy Henry-y

Can't wait to see what Wayne-o comes up this arv-o.

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
So Saints have contributed six players to Canberras two.
That's just f**king great.
I don't like having to tip against them, but I think I will need to this week because of no:

Weyman
Creagh
Morris
Boyd
Costigan
Cooper
Smith

I don't know how we can sustain that amount of people out, the halves are unchanged thankfully, but even if Saffy is back, we look short.

Ulysseus

Bench
Actually, looking at both sides I think Saints have contributed more players than any other team!
This is bad and good.
Bad = will go some way to f**king any chance of beating Canberra
Good = Its good to see a team that is full of players that are not noted superstars getting a crack, and if Hornby hadn't have declared his unavailability.......

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
So Saints have contributed six players to Canberras two.
That's just f**king great.
I don't like having to tip against them, but I think I will need to this week because of no:

Weyman
Creagh
Morris
Boyd
Costigan
Cooper
Smith

I don't know how we can sustain that amount of people out, the halves are unchanged thankfully, but even if Saffy is back, we look short.

Very short mate. Add Beau Scott and Fien as well. First team regulars who are still out injured. Thats 10 players out of our first choice 17 in round 1 riding the pine.

Having said that, I still reckon we can win this weekend beacuse Priddis, Hornby & Soward still there & the rest of the blokes just have to do their jobs. Geez, will be one of the best wins in years if we do jag it.

Ulysseus

Bench
Very short mate. Add Beau Scott and Fien as well. First team regulars who are still out injured. Thats 10 players out of our first choice 17 in round 1 riding the pine.

Having said that, I still reckon we can win this weekend beacuse Priddis, Hornby & Soward still there & the rest of the blokes just have to do their jobs. Geez, will be one of the best wins in years if we do jag it.

sh*t, I don't know how I forgot about Scott, god damn it will be the longest 3 weeks in known history till he returns, hopefully before the series ends.
BUT, if he had been fit, I can't help but think he might have been there as well.
I don't count Fien, as in all likelihood he may not be back this year and if he is it will be late in it. (and maybe too late to come back due to team chemistry, be good if he brings more flair in attack, but they have managed quiet well without him)

big pat

Coach
hey i'm not driving all the way to wollongong, to see my team lose, saints by 12, now who is with me, no sitting on the fence, oh btw anyone notice i tipped saints 13+ last week.

Ulysseus

Bench
pat
I haven't tipped against Saints this year, but I will this round.
By god I hope I am wrong though and they come out, f**k the Raiders up and completely root my margin for the year.

legend

Coach
You guys will break the hoodoo and give us a flogging. We have gone full genius under Furner.

Gaba

First Grade
hey i'm not driving all the way to wollongong, to see my team lose, saints by 12, now who is with me, no sitting on the fence, oh btw anyone notice i tipped saints 13+ last week.
always confident the dragons can win this game, as i said in the qld thread the way the dragons will lose if they have poor defense, i cant see that happening the dragons will win

Ulysseus

Bench
You guys will break the hoodoo and give us a flogging. We have gone full genius under Furner.

I dunno mate, it is looking like we have way too many troops missing.
Hell, even in 2005 / 2006 when we had a team that was too hot to handle we couldn't beat Canberra.
f**k me, even in 2008, Saints had won 7 games in a row, and then they lost to Canberra.

I had to LOL at the full genius comment though dude, good call.

thommo4pm

Coach
pat
I haven't tipped against Saints this year, but I will this round.
By god I hope I am wrong though and they come out, f**k the Raiders up and completely root my margin for the year.

Never ever ever ever tip against the Dragons.

I've never done it in my life and I never will.

I would feel guilty as hell all week, and wouldn't enjoy any victory, knowing inside myself that I didn't believe they could win.

Saint Jack

Juniors
So - 6 out. Big week with the Canberra game on Sunday, SOO Wednesday and Parra Friday.

We still have a good squad for Sunday though. Solid more than brilliant - but can do the job.

Kogarah4Ever

Juniors
NRL v Raiders
Sunday, May 23 2010
3.05pm
1. Kyle Stanley
2. Michael Lett
3. Matt Prior
4. Beau Scott
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Jamie Soward
7. Ben Hornby ©