What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sign Dykes now

Rich102

Staff member
Hey, I'm glad you won.
I'd hate to read the s**t you would have written about Dykes if you had lost.
In my opinion he was the difference between two ordinary teams.

jc155776

Coach
Dykes was brilliant.

SO deep.

Kicking little grubbers for pressure was great., The trys from the grubbers came from poor warrior choices BUT the fact they were in the in goal was die to Dykes.

I'll always give credit where its due and he was great.

Boldo

Juniors
Dykes was brilliant last night...

If I had to choose between he and Kimmorley I would choose Dykes. This said I am an avid fan of both but just because they are sharks.

I think I am crossing to the darkside. I think Kimmorley's time might be up. Either that or tell Noddy that Dykes kicks the ball 80% of the time from now on.

I get excited when Dykes gets the ball in attack because I know that there is a good chance something is about to happen. Simple as that.

spider

Coach
Rich102 said:
I'd hate to read the s**t you would have written about Dykes if you had lost.
hahaha - wait until the nod plays

dykes short touch is great - the weighted kicks are good

i thought he played a solid game - nothing spectacular

i cant let go those 2 inside balls he threw go past - 1 which bird was creamed, cant remember who the other was

all in all - the warriors lack luster performace on their goal line was the only reason we crossed it last night on all occassions

in saying that i would like to see dykes with MORE kicking responsibility when with noddy - as he did last night

imasharkie

Coach
Didnt see any flaws in Birds game tonight.

Every time bird has a great game, the team wins.
our future captain.
Tweetie will be captain next year. He is a leader. He leads by example.

What do you think Wittyfan?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
fizman said:
Sorry but you are wrong. To brand Dykes' performance as a premiership winning effort is ridiculous.

Dykes has been around for how many years and played in how many semi final campaigns??? Of course I am right in sticking to my guns.

Well you are in contradiction to all of the coaching staff & 100% of all match reviewers & even the evil millersnose.
it was a tough game for him to play & yet he played it perfectly. it is the type of games that premiership winning captains play. hewas even knocked out & concussed in the 2nd half.
like Millers says, if he can keep stringing games like that together & avoid injury we are in fine shape.

unfortunately, the sharks need to play in grand final to disprove your point.

ghoti

Bench
I gotta track down the second half before I can comment...I went to see the Dave Matthews Band last night with the missus, she wanted a good spot up front cos we're both on the stumpy side of short, but I made her drink beer with me at the Fox & Lion so I could catch the first half...Dyksey was f**king excellent, I was ecstatic to see him playing at half.

Someone mentioned before about Dykes getting caught with the ball being a problem...I don't think so. This has been a part of his game for awhile, but I see it as a strength of his over Kimmorley. Noddy if he carries the ball on the fourth and looks like getting tackled throws a hospital pass to someone under pressure so he can get back to make the kick. This often shuts down our forward movement and quick play the ball. Dykes on the other hand will only pass to a player in a better position than he, and will take the ball himself on the 4th to get a quick play the ball for a kick by someone else in a decent attacking position with a roll on. Like I said, I didn't watch the game, but if we had a 5/8 with a decent kicking game losing our playmaker on the last wouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully Dykes gets to keep the 7 jersey. From what I saw, he was brilliant. We've needed creativity at half for almost 12 months now since he was last there...it's about time.

Inferno

Coach
Agreed regarding Dykes.

I think one of the biggest things I enjoyed was watching us and not knowing what we were going to do next, and Dykes is directly responsible for that.

I can live with a few stuff ups if he makes up for it an attack, and he did so last night at least twofold.

That said I still like him better at 5/8 so he can link up with the backline better. They struggled last night to get good service last night, but weren't helped with Bird at 5/8 and the face it wasn't a backs conducive kind of game.

carcharias

Immortal
Oh so I did go internetting last night.

Very frosty reception from the missus at head count this morning.

Dykes kicked great.

That Misi fella went very well too I thought

fizman

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Well you are in contradiction to all of the coaching staff & 100% of all match reviewers & even the evil millersnose.
it was a tough game for him to play & yet he played it perfectly. it is the type of games that premiership winning captains play. hewas even knocked out & concussed in the 2nd half.
like Millers says, if he can keep stringing games like that together & avoid injury we are in fine shape.

unfortunately, the sharks need to play in grand final to disprove your point.

There would be nothing unfortunate to see Cronulla play in a GF and Dykes playing a starring role in a GF victory.

I think people look at Dykes with rose coloured glasses because they compare him with Kimmorley. Both Dykes and Kimmorley should be compared to the halves from other clubs, not against each other. If this was looked at where would Dykes rate from 1-16??? Same for Kimmorley??

The game may have been tough for Dykes to play, no arguments there, but to say he played it perfectly is wrong again.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Saturday nights half back was our first this year to follow the coaches instructions.

Guaranteed.
weather I or anybody likes or dislikes the way he played is irrelevant. He played exactly to the coaches plan.
I happen to like it.
the coach seems to think that that type of game from his half i what is required to win the cup.
Disagree with him all u like.

Nullajet

Juniors
saturdays game was the first i have seen in a long time that we actually looked threatening with the ball inside the oppositions 20........gee i wonder what(WHO) was different?

fizman

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Saturday nights half back was our first this year to follow the coaches instructions.

Guaranteed.
weather I or anybody likes or dislikes the way he played is irrelevant. He played exactly to the coaches plan.
I happen to like it.
the coach seems to think that that type of game from his half i what is required to win the cup.
Disagree with him all u like.

Well then, IF what you are saying is true and correct, Dykes WILL be the starting half again this week. If Kimmorley is selected this week at half, I can only come to the conclusion that your above comments are a total fabrication.

If they are that impressed with him, as you say they are, there is nothing that would prevent them from playing him at half for the remainder of the season.

Latest posts