What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Hodkinson now

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hodkinson is playing well at the moment but hasn't since he left the Eagles. I know he has had injury but he was still not getting picked when he came back from injury.

Sam Williams or Rangi Chase are better options.

Mr Red

First Grade
Hodkinson would be a panic buy and i doubt the fans would be patting Price on the back for that signing..
sure time are desperate at the moment, but i still think there are better options rather than Hodkinson..

Puff

First Grade
Hodkinson would be a panic buy and i doubt the fans would be patting Price on the back for that signing..
sure time are desperate at the moment, but i still think there are better options rather than Hodkinson..

Not having a go, but who are the better options that are willing to be coached by Price in a team coming as close as you can get to last?

grouch

First Grade
Not having a go, but who are the better options that are willing to be coached by Price in a team coming as close as you can get to last?
I must have been dreaming when we signed the best young half on the market this year in Widdop.

Oh and I am having a go.

Mr Red

First Grade
I must have been dreaming when we signed the best young half on the market this year in Widdop.

Oh and I am having a go.

there are two "halves" in a football team... Halfback and Five eighth. We have signed a good five eighth (or i guess he could play half back, although i am not sure if Widdop's skill set matches this)

Point is we still have 1 piece of a 2 piece puzzle to solve....
Grouch=clueless.

Mr Red

First Grade

agree there isnt much around, but i still think Sam Williams is the better long term option. had has shown good maturity and composure when i have seen him have an opportunity in first grade.

and yes also agree on when you throw in the teams current success, and the Price coaching factor those available options become even less in some players minds... however playing first grade even at a less performed club is still a step up for players unable to crack it in their current club.

grouch

First Grade
there are two "halves" in a football team... Halfback and Five eighth. We have signed a good five eighth (or i guess he could play half back, although i am not sure if Widdop's skill set matches this)

Point is we still have 1 piece of a 2 piece puzzle to solve....
Grouch=clueless.
ummm.. yeah... thanks for the update on rugby league positions Einstein. Not sure how it relates to the point I was making to Puff, but thanks anyway. Mr Red=gormless

Players do not make decisions on joining a new club based on where that club is situated at the exact moment of negotation, and I would argue that even the coach is not a primary factor. if so, in 2011, why would Will Hopoate sign with the 2nd last placed Eels fresh after winning a comp with Manly

Mr Red

First Grade
why would Will Hopoate sign with the 2nd last placed Eels fresh after winning a comp with Manly

LOL...are you serious ??

because the eels paid overs, offered his dad a job, and his younger brother also got a contract..
it was the best thing for Will to do by his famliy, which in their cultural tradition, looking after the family comes first...

keep up grouch.. its tough having to explain everything ...

Godz Illa

Coach
LOL...are you serious ??

because the eels paid overs, offered his dad a job, and his younger brother also got a contract..
it was the best thing for Will to do by his famliy, which in their cultural tradition, looking after the family comes first...

keep up grouch.. its tough having to explain everything ...
Isn't that grouch's point?

Mr Red

First Grade
Isn't that grouch's point?

- i stated Hodkinson would be a panic buy
- i was asked by puff (i think it was) what other options would be currently available that are better than Hodkinson at the moment, and also considering our place on the ladder and having Price as coach
- Grouch chipped in with "we signed Widdop"
- i pointed out that Widdop will most likely play five eighth, therefore we still need a half as widdop is only 1 piece of the puzzle..
- Grouch brought up the subject of Hopoate signing with the eels, to which i answered why i thought he did..

i think Grouch was trying to make the point that although we are down near the bottom on the ladder, and have a dud coach we still managed to sign a half-decent player... so if thats his point yes i agree, however it had nothing to do with the discussion of Hodkinson being signed or what other options are currently available - which was what was being asked...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I highly doubt he'd sign with us regardless, he is very close with Des, and now that he seems to have cemented his spot in the top side I don't think he'll be looking to leave.

And besides...seriously at the moment who would you want coaching you Hasler or Price...end of story.