What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign of things to come ?

_Johnsy

Referee
If so we are only going to be making the numbers up at best, that is if we make it. Absolutekly pathetic effort.

In saying that StGeorge 24 Melb 16 - cue bounceback factor :sarcasm:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Time will tell. Hope not.

Before this game people were discussing a top 4 finish... I'm more concerned about making the 8.

We should thank our lucky stars that Panthers, Broncos & Eels also lost.

Dragooner

Bench
This was the chance to break out of the pack and join the top four teams. Seeing the Roosters and Sharks lose would have made a...

Manly 28
Roosters 26
Sharks 26
Storm 24*
Dragons 24

Then we'd still be 2 points clear of the Titans and 3 clear of the Broncos.

_Johnsy

Referee
pretty average effort today, very very dissapointed. What is doing Brownie. The positional changes re: gaz/cops fuggin crazy. Can we expect to see saffy at 7, poore at 5, both moz's packing down in 8 & 10 ?

mwdragons

Juniors
can't help but wonder if the positional change is a sign that Gasnier is going... give Morris some time in the centers for next year

can't help but wonder if the positional change is a sign that Gasnier is going... give Morris some time in the centers for next year

Don't think so, if you're talking JMoz - he's off to the Dogs. Would be the height of generosity if we're training him up for that....:roll:

mwdragons

Juniors
Don't think so, if you're talking JMoz - he's off to the Dogs. Would be the height of generosity if we're training him up for that....:roll:

sorry my bad. thought i saw BMoz there. Mind you would it surprise you if Doust had organised that as part of the puppies contract

watatank

Coach
Game plans and positional changes aside.....the Dragons' intensity is just not there IMO, at least not on a consistent basis. We have been winning games without really playing great at all. We haven't really been putting teams to the sword much really, just winning games. Which is all well and good it keeps the supporters happy. But this week was our chance to really cement our Finals spot and prove we are a force and then we simply got outplayed by a more desperate side. Is the wakeup call we need? I hope so.

SerbDragon

Coach
Deadset pisspoor effort today. at no stage did we look like winning the whole game, im disgusted..thats putting it mildly

gregstar

Referee
glad that one has passed.

if we dish that up against the storm.

mcg 2000 will look like an hors d'oeuvre.

Mong

Post Whore
Typical old style Saints performance wasn't it.. When the other side puts them under the pressure they go to water... We have all seen it a bunch of times in the past.

What other side with gaz and copper in it wouldn't have a centre combination of Gaz and cooper...

Hopefully they learn from that as i can't see Melbourne but being anything but the same in terms of pressure but will also be another level up in class..

Monday night in Melbourne with a performance like that could see another flogging..

70-10 anyone?

marty_dragon

Juniors
i have to admit that i was one of the guys that said minor positional changes like that should not effect our team ...but now im thinking its definately one of the reasons we lost today. on the other hand though canberra played an almost perfect game, they didnt dropp the ball, they completed there sets, their kick chase and support play was great and over all we just played sh*t house and we were bound to loose.

but hey we have won seven games straight, which is a top effort. we were gonna loose sooner or later and im glad we did against the raiders (rather than a team that could of put 50 points on us). now lets get thing right and fire up against the storm !!!!

Mong

Post Whore
but hey we have won seven games straight, which is a top effort. we were gonna loose sooner or later and im glad we did against the raiders (rather than a team that could of put 50 points on us). now lets get thing right and fire up against the storm !!!!

Until yesterday i was thinking how good it was that they were not playing fantastically but still managed to win games, something they had not done well in the past.

I guess an old style performance was due..

The Preacher

First Grade
I think you're spot on the money, Watatank (post #10). The only win that has actually impressed me was the Manly game.
It's OK to win ugly for a few games, but we're coming to the part of the season where you come up against the "good sorts" and the footy we showed yesterday will do nothing but get us a public flogging.

Ribs

Bench
The reasons for all the positional changes is because Gasnier cant f*cking tackle. If he wasnt such a liability in defence we wouldnt have to hide him on the wing.

We saw how f*cked he is at defense when Best made him look like a moron.

I lay the blame firmly on Cooper, Gasnier and Soward.

Those three were woeful

Reminded me of Cooper's match against the Eagles at Brookvale last round 2007.

Cooper had one of those days then too.

Anyway, next week defines the season now.

Jono1987

Juniors
First of all i'd like to praise the boys for seven straight victories. Although as most have said the only 'good' win was against Manly, winning seven straight is still a tremendous effort.

Cooper, Gasnier and Soward were terrible yesterday. I'd even throw Hornby into the mix there. If we fall more than one try behind in a game we seem to mentally fall away which obviously greatly effects how we physically compete. I did not want to be one of those pundits who put the sword to the boys, but yesterday showed to me at least why we will be simply making up numbers come September, we lack the mental toughness to pull through when things are tough.

redvscotty

First Grade
GO seems to get them all wrong, i think hes trying some revers psychology, if so we win monday night!

Anna Bolic

Juniors
I can't help but taking an objective look at the way we are going, and more importantly what we have done in the last few weeks....and believe that we are just pretenders at the moment.

I think we ( myself included ) have been caught up in the hype of winning 7 in a row...but when you look at it without prejudice, we beat:

* Melbourne, Brisbane and the Titans when they were severly depleted ( very lucky we got them when we did ).
* Penrith by only one point
* the Rabbits when they were in a slump
* the Knights who are currently going like busted farts
* had a good win against the Sea Eagles ( granted ! )
* we also lost to the Eels by a point - and they are playing like crap.

There's only one game of the last seven wins ( against Manly ) that you could seriously look at, and bench mark yourself to get a feel for where we are in the comp. The other six games proved very little as far i'm concnerned.

I'm not trying to throw grenades, I just we need to be a little bit more realistic at what we have achieved in the last 7-8 weeks. If we make the top 8, we won't last a week in the finals the way we are playing.

I hope i'm wrong....my heart says one thing, but my brain tells me another.

Latest posts