What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing news

Old Timer

Coach
I don't have multiple usernames, if you are referring to me. Agree, if McGregor isn't replaced Widdop will start at 5/8 next year and the team will be rubbish. However, if a new at least semi-competent coach takes over and watches random games from the past 3 years, he will quickly come to the conclusion that like the club with McGregor, even though he is still under contract the team can't afford not to get rid of Widdop. Even if it means paying the full value of his contract and have him playing in the NSW Cup.
Love the technicality of "I don't have multiple user names"
You should say I do have several user names registered but only use them one at time and I do flick between them.
Just fess up and be honest about it.

Sigurd

Juniors
Love the technicality of "I don't have multiple user names"
You should say I do have several user names registered but only use them one at time and I do flick between them.
Just fess up and be honest about it.
I suggest you stop forgetting to take your medication. You are only one step removed from a straight jacket.

I don't have multiple usenames, or more than one, and don't post messages under more than one username. Don't make me tell you again!

Evidently I'm not the only one who has seen your messiah, Gareth Widdop for what he is.

Now I have asked you.... 6 or 7 times (as opposed to only having BennyV twice though unfortunately it seems clarification isn't forthcoming:() but what do you think of "Gareth67's" idea of moving Nightingale to 5/8? In favor or not? If not, why not?

Banjo2014

Juniors
Mate from Brighton Seagulls just emailed me to say Todd Carney knocked us back - I'm living in the states so this may be old news - is it right - he said no?

_Johnsy

Referee
. Don't make me tell you again!

62265108.jpg

Sigurd

Juniors

The guy forgets his meds on a regular basis and then starts barking orders at me. This being so, I have to talk to him in such a manner in the hope it sinks in.

I suggest you stop forgetting to take your medication. You are only one step removed from a straight jacket.

I don't have multiple usenames, or more than one, and don't post messages under more than one username. Don't make me tell you again!

Evidently I'm not the only one who has seen your messiah, Gareth Widdop for what he is.

Now I have asked you.... 6 or 7 times (as opposed to only having BennyV twice though unfortunately it seems clarification isn't forthcoming:() but what do you think of "Gareth67's" idea of moving Nightingale to 5/8? In favor or not? If not, why not?

Kicking and passing are key skills for a 5/8.

Can Flo do either?

Sigurd

Juniors
Kicking and passing are key skills for a 5/8.

Can Flo do either?

I don't know about kicking. As I stated previously, long kicking is more of a gift. A gift the 5/8 we have now doesn't possess. I don't see any reason why he couldn't become a good short kicker with practice. At least better than the 5/8 we have now. As for passing, Nightingale's is far superior to the 5/8 we have now. Nightingale can catch the ball, run at speed, draw a defender and pass. Widdop isn't able to do this.

Country Dragon

Juniors
I don't know about kicking. As I stated previously, long kicking is more of a gift. A gift the 5/8 we have now doesn't possess. I don't see any reason why he couldn't become a good short kicker with practice. At least better than the 5/8 we have now. As for passing, Nightingale's is far superior to the 5/8 we have now. Nightingale can catch the ball, run at speed, draw a defender and pass. Widdop isn't able to do this.
You sad little person!

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I like the idea of Flo at 5/8. As Sigurd has pointed out he can pass, tackle front on and run at speed - all of which are very rare traits at this level.

Chuck JBD at halfback as he can talk and pass a ball. Marketo to play 80mins at hooker because he's very good at packing in between the 2 front rowers in a scrum. Russell Packer at fullback because he makes good metres with ball in hand and would be excellent at kick returns.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Chuck JBD at halfback as he can talk and pass a ball. Marketo to play 80mins at hooker because he's very good at packing in between the 2 front rowers in a scrum. Russell Packer at fullback because he makes good metres with ball in hand and would be excellent at kick returns.

Gold:D

Mick theTrick

Juniors
I think the real problem is being missed here. Whoever we have in the halves next year (Widdop and Hutchinson) will look 10 times better if we have good go forward. We need another no nonsense prop. This year it was only Packer coming of the back fence to make inroads over the advantage line. I know Mosoe is coming back, but we need another big man.

dannyt

Coach
I like the idea of Flo at 5/8. As Sigurd has pointed out he can pass, tackle front on and run at speed - all of which are very rare traits at this level.

You almost had me convinced, up until the bit about Packer excellent at kick returns.

Supercoach played JDB at half last year against the donkeys, and kept Hutchison on the bench until the 7th minute.

f**king genius!

Sorry buddy but you're wrong.

Yes Widdop's shit. Or at least he has been playing as such but Flo is just not a half. Just the thought of it is ridiculous.

He's never shown he can do any of the things you listed.

Old Timer

Coach
The guy forgets his meds on a regular basis and then starts barking orders at me. This being so, I have to talk to him in such a manner in the hope it sinks in.
The usual piss weak post from you when you don't get the response you want.
Somehow you have prioritised yourself as other people's spokesperson and believe you have the right to ask all and sundry an opinion for something someone else said.
If Gareth wants to ask me my thoughts on his proposal (which I perceive was tongue in cheek) by all means let him do that as he is a big boy and can talk for himself.
Now a bit of a life lesson for you which I sincerely hope you heed.
There are no doubt lots of people on this forum that take a wide variety of medications for varying health reasons.
Some of them who have been damned good posters and friends on this forum and have sadly passed away.
I would kindly suggest that you drop that line of defamatory response in favour of another because I can assure you that it is no fun for anyone when they need to take prescribed medications on a life time basis.
If you want to have an arguement by all means do so but conduct it in a better manner than your usual throw away line.

Sigurd

Juniors
First of all, everyone needs to back up the bus just a little. It was "Gareth67's" idea which I at first dismissed until thinking about it a little more and then thinking, Nightingale may not be "a good" 5/8 but would likely be a huge improvement on Widdop.

I also stated my reasons for this. Don't forget about that before denouncing me.

No need to be sarcastic. Just state your honest opinion. I know I'm not calling for any ridiculous changes. Only thinking about the possibility of a slowing winger replacing a shit 5/8 because as far as I can see, the former has a better skill-set for a 5/8.
I think the real problem is being missed here. Whoever we have in the halves next year (Widdop and Hutchinson) will look 10 times better if we have good go forward. We need another no nonsense prop. This year it was only Packer coming of the back fence to make inroads over the advantage line. I know Mosoe is coming back, but we need another big man.
If Widdop and Hutchinson are the halves for most of next season, it's going to be a very, very bad season.
Sorry buddy but you're wrong.

Yes Widdop's shit. Or at least he has been playing as such but Flo is just not a half. Just the thought of it is ridiculous.

He's never shown he can do any of the things you listed.
I'm merely saying he would be "a better" 5/8 than Widdop.
The usual piss weak post from you when you don't get the response you want.
Somehow you have prioritised yourself as other people's spokesperson and believe you have the right to ask all and sundry an opinion for something someone else said.
If Gareth wants to ask me my thoughts on his proposal (which I perceive was tongue in cheek) by all means let him do that as he is a big boy and can talk for himself.
Now a bit of a life lesson for you which I sincerely hope you heed.
There are no doubt lots of people on this forum that take a wide variety of medications for varying health reasons.
Some of them who have been damned good posters and friends on this forum and have sadly passed away.
I would kindly suggest that you drop that line of defamatory response in favour of another because I can assure you that it is no fun for anyone when they need to take prescribed medications on a life time basis.
If you want to have an arguement by all means do so but conduct it in a better manner than your usual throw away line.
Yes yes, that is all very amusing, in a psychotic kid of way, but what about answering the question. BennyV did after only being asked twice (though unfortunately he chose not to clarify) so surely you can after being asked around 10 times.

And as for BennyV, he says Nightingale doesn't have the skill-set required for a 5/8. As he won't answer I wonder if you can. What, in your opinion, is the skill-set required for a 5/8?

Old Timer

Coach
Sigurd
If you think my post was in your words
"Yes yes, that is all very amusing, in a psychotic kid of way"
I sincerely hope that you stop and reflect on how inappropriate that post is and I would suggest that if you ever utter such a statement in public you do so in only a tone that you can hear yourself because it is totally out of touch with what is acceptable and would no doubt receive a rather harsh response.

KiamaSaint

Coach
If Widdop is our main playmaker next year we are in trouble. The only upside would be that it might finally sink in that he isn't the main man when we are shit again. Put him at FB or piss him off.

Gareth67

First Grade
My dearest Mr Sigurd , try to understand that there are some people in life that attempt to put things in a better perspective than what they actually are .

That is exactly what I was attempting to do when I said - " why not change his name to Benji Nightingale and he could play 5/8th ?". That was said in jest , I truly believed that most members of the forum would had understood that , but alas I was wrong .

You , the most intelligent member of our little club , could not . However , now that I have all but spelt it out for you , hopefully , finally you will understand.
Let's all move on , shall we ?

As I'm quite sure , that most of us , would just be ' tickled - pink ' to become friends with you ! Try to be like us country folk , and smile . There is more to life than a computer screen .