What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings and Depatures

Spike

First Grade
B_Tiger said:
fakahua could prove a valuable resigning if we keep him. He is a terrible defender but has the dene halatau approach to taking a hitup and is very effective. If he learns to tackle he'd be a quality first grader. In any case, I'd like to see him retained (if only for Balmain's sake).

I spoke to him a while ago and he said he had received an offer from the eels. He didn't say he was going for certain, but he seemed pretty happy about it.

Spike

First Grade
Also Luke Milton is coming back to the Tigers from Rugby Union and will be joined by Aaron Mercer from the Roosters and Michael Crockett from the Norths Devils/Melbourne Storm. Although I believe they are going to the Magpies.

Hmmm, i hope that Mercer rumor is true - he's a great winger and has scored ALOT of tries in the Roosters PL in recent times. Just what we need on the wing...

yappy

Bench
Milton did come to an agreement with Wests but hadn't signed, then Randwick made him a better offer and Wests said fine take it. Quite happy about it myself.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nigel Plum to Roosters.

(no shit sherlock, I know, but thought i'd post it here anyways)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Wests Tigers:

Gains: Luke Branighan (Cabramatta JB Cup, mid season) George Gatis (Cowboys mid season), Nick Kouparitsas (Raiders) 2yrs, Mark Meredith (Souths) 2yrs, Paul Whatuira (Panthers) for 3yrs, Kosta Kouparitsas (Canberra, 2yrs), Tim McGann (Easts rugby, 2yrs), Rangi Chase (Runaway Bay), Sam Moa (Runaway Bay), Jarod Saffy (Sydney Uni, rugby), Matt Jobson (Warriors, 1 yr), Aaron Mercer (Roosters), Michael Crockett (Norths Devils/Melbourne), Matt Mclay (Raiders)
Rumoured Gains: Steve Turner (Storm), Tony Jensen (Dragons), Nick Youngquest (Dragons), Craig Stapelton (Eels), Stanley Tevitvakeine
Losses: Luke Covell (Cronulla, 2yrs) Drew Dalton (Collegians, Illawarra mid season), Wes Hallem Mann (Collegians, Illawarra), Brad Davis (released- Magpies), Luke Thompson (Narromine Jets- mid season), Scott Sattler (retired), Darren Senter (Retiremenet), Ken McGuinness (retired), Luke Duffy (retired), Todd Barrow (Orange Hawks- Mid Season), Daniel Harris (Retired) , Jason Moodie (Retired), Nick Graham (Released-Retirement), Nigel Plum (Roosters), Michael Buettner (Retirement), Luke Isakka (LEIGH Centurions, UK Mid Season), Gray Viane (St Helens mid season, 2yrs)
Rumoured Losses: Keiran Kerr (Eels ,Cowboys), Mark Fakahua (Eels), Robert Mears (Retirement)
Re-signed: Jeff Lima (1yr), Bronson Harrison (2yrs), John Skandalis (2yrs), Liam Fulton (2yrs), Dene Halatau (2yrs), Benji Marshall (2yrs)
Off contract: Chris Heighnington, Luke Branighan, Robert Miles, Robert Mears, Keiran Kerr, Mark Fakahua

Source: http://www.dotcomwebdesign.com/leaguetalk/viewtopic.php?t=7230

Lungman

Juniors
At last! A place where i can post to fellow Wests Tigers supporters. I'm really a Magpies diehard, but i try and support the joint venture. I was never a fan of Balmain, but SL brought us traditional clubs together, so i will support them even if just to spite the likes of the Broncos.

Anyway, why aren't Wests Tigers buying some bigger forwards? No disrespect to the current crop, but our pack is far lighter than every other pack in the NRL, and it is a handicap, because if we can match other sides in the forwards, then we can beat anyone. Surely they have learned their lesson from buying flash players who don't like tackling? If anything, the new blokes should be lean and hungry, so it could work out, but adding lots of players who have never played NRL before looks like a backward step.

We are going to miss players the likes of Sattler and Moodie, who do all of the little things really well. If we don't fill those holes, we will be worse off. Meredith sounds promising, but our forwards seem a little bare.

What do you all think about this?

Bench
From all reports Merridith is big with a fair amount of ability,Skando,Payten,Boof and Patto will be a fair rotation.Then in the backrow you have Bronson,Dene,Liam,Buckets,Benny,Lima and the new signing young Nick from the Raiders so we will be doing OK.
Mercer from the Roosters is a gun winger with speed and size and Crockett apparently has speed and a step so all is not lost.
Add these plus a year wiser for our other blokes and we should improve in 05.

Davester

Juniors
Matt Cooper (Dragons) :arrow: Wests Tigers :clap:

............if only we could of had a major signing like that :(

Wobbygong

First Grade
Craig Stapleton is joining the Broncos, and Youngquest is under contract with the Dragons next year.

Cheers.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah im glad the Stapleton thing is cleared up, was driving me nuts, reading all this rubbish about where he was and wasnt going.

Davester

Juniors
I'd like to see a really good second rower signed. maybe 2 for that matter.

Tigers got to go hard out on good signings next year...

Latest posts