What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings on the way! ( Very Slowly)

Ho, hum another thread featuring handbags at 10 paces.

Anyway, how old is J Poore? He used to have ability and may be a not too bad pick up.

In saying that. I like footballers like my women, the younger the better. Come on, lets focus on retaining our good young uns as we actually have some at the moment.

Since 73

First Grade
I can just see all those players mentioned standing on the dias holding up the trophy.

We would go from having the best pack on paper to the worst in one season.

At least the discards and hasbeens of the comp won't have to go to UK for their superannuation final contract anymore - they can now stay in Oz and get it at the Shire.

Since 73

First Grade
Contract negotiations now look like this:

Manager: Are you interested in playing for Phlanno - he's made an offer?

Player: Who's Phlenno?

Manager: Cocah of the Sharks.

Player: No way.

Manager: He'll pay overs of at least $200 000 and you are 35.

Player: Where's that pen again?

Goes to show I was very perceptive with your previous comments.

Glad you have confirmed what I first thought with this post.

I mentioned before that I don't subscribe to the Ricky v Flanno clique. If you don't believe me I'm not going to fill the forum with sad face emoticons or exclamation marks.

I'm just calling it like I see it and Flanno is way out of his depth with the media. He is getting no support from the organisation in this regard either and he is embarrassing the club. 70 minutes, SOS to backs... the list goes on.

If you choose to blindly chase the river card on this one DS then go ahead.

Click2000

Juniors
What backs are on the market? With our back row f#cking donald duck could pull it off....

We need some backs!! Who is off contract ??

Special K

Coach
I don't mind Gibbs he is actually pretty underrated. If he was cheap you would have to nab him. He is a worker... Still a big drop off from Snowden or Dougie though

Ross, Poore etc worry me though.

edit - why aren't we throwing 500k at Blair?

Last edited:

RUBIKS

Juniors
Any decent Halfbacks on the market? Even from the UK?

Townsend?

Seriously, sign up our young guns. They might not set the world on fire next year but they will form the nucleus of a very good team in the future.

Frailty

First Grade
Townsend?

Seriously, sign up our young guns. They might not set the world on fire next year but they will form the nucleus of a very good team in the future.

I'd love to see Townsend be given a go...

But I doubt he will hang around Cronulla for too much longer.

Eion

First Grade
Townsend?

Slight correction: "...but they will form the nucleus of Newcastle's team in the future."

Frailty

First Grade
Matt King wants to come back from the UK. Former Sharks lower grader, let's bring him home.

That 'Bring 'Em Home' bullshit only works if you are tinkle toes, or you are trying to get a has-been five-eighth back from Parramatta.

azzah72

Bench
I think matt king would be a good signing, he still goes form what i've seen.

problem is if we did approach him, some other team would probably catch wind of it and sign him instead.

I say sign no one at let the kids play.

f**k it, we might have a year or tow of shyte but we could end up like brissie

bluey

Bench
Put out a release calling all good juniors who want to play nrl for the sharks come and have a run
They would still find a way to lose them though.

Put out a release calling all good juniors who want to play nrl for the sharks come and have a run
They would still find a way to lose them though.

Yeah why not. Hell, surely our current 20's wouldn't be miffed by that, would they?

Latest posts